Small generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small generator

Fixing to buy a small,light, gas efficient generator for the hunting camp.
    Not a specific duty in mind, but will be using for camp lights and charging batteries / computers.

Had my mind made up on Honda, but a Generac or Ryobi is 1/2 the price.
    If I do go Honda, what is the minimum watt I should consider?
    1000, 1600, 2000?

Thanks.

Clay

I bought a ryobi right before the hurricane and it’s awesoome. Lightweight, easy to handle by myself, runs the whole camper.. runs all night and doesn’t run out. Starts on the first pull.

Comment

My buddy bought a Ryobi 2000 watt generator for our camp. It is quiet and doesn’t use a lot of fuel. You can buy a different gas cap for it that you can use a boat gas tank to keep it going longer. We have not done that yet but will. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to beat the 2000 Honda. Sucker will run.

Comment

I've got a eu2000i I'm coming down to the Houston area this coming weekend 675. It's used. Starts first pull.

Comment

I have the Generac IQ 2000, Generac 5500, Ryobi 3600, and Chicago pneumatic cppg 2.5! Here is my review and i use my generators all the time.

Generac IQ2000 - very quiet but in 6 months started surging and has to go to dealer.
            Generac 5500 - 8 months old and water from rain got in the gas tank due to bad seal - junk
            Ryobi 3600- so far so good about 10 months old and works all the time
            Chicago Pneumatic 2.5 - so far so good starts every time had it since october and paid 400.00

If i could do it all over again I would buy Honda all day long. Moving forward I will have all honda generators. I like the generac IQ2000 but for 250.00 dollars more I could of bought a honda. You could try the Harbor freight Predator line with warranty and save some money.

I am not sure what you need to run your cabin.

Comment

Honda 2000 super quiet. Run forever very little maintenance [emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Champion inverter 2000 can be had under $500. They're popular and have good parts support. About the only Chinese one I would consider. Otherwise, a Honda will run you about a grand.

Comment

I have a couple champion generators and they have been great

Comment

For lights, batteries and computer charging the 1000W will probably do all you need. The 2000W can run a small AC or refrigerator. The 2000W are bigger and almost two times the weight.

Comment

Honda EU2000, "Inverter technology provides clean power for computers and other sensitive equipment". You mentioned you wanted to run your computer.

The EU2000 can be connected to a second EU2000 generator to combine the output wattage using factory parallel cables. Each weights 47 pounds so they're easy to handle by yourself.

Only downside is the price. About $1000 each.

Comment

Get a Honda Eu 2000 and the gas cap to run it off of larger fuel tanks.
                        Change the oil every so often and start it every few months to keep the gas fresh, enough said.

Comment

I have a northern tool powerhorse 1600w inverter generator runs auper quite,easy to load and unload by yourself and only cost 500 with there coupons. Runs for 8 hrs on 1gal of gas easy maintance too!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive got a Ryobi 2200 and a Honda 2000. The Ryobi has been good, but I had two of them and one crapped out after a year. Find a good used Honda 2000, usually you can pick one up for 7-800. The 200 should easily handle what you are needing it for.

Comment

Thank you for all the great advice.
                              Confirms what I thought. Honda is the unit i need
                              I suppose I will have it many years so why sweat the extra 3-400.
                              I am buying new and maintaining it.

Thanks again

Big pig

Comment

Working...
                              X