This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
    Charles Blackburn was one of the few backs from Goldthwaite to ever get a free ride to Rice University. The only one I remember older was L.V. Benningfield. Not sure if he got a full ride are not.
    LV most assuredly got a full scholarship. In fact every football and basketball players got full scholarships, as did track. The only ones who got partial scholarships were the baseball players. They only gave a couple full baseball scholarships per year back then.

LV was married his whole college career. His wife, Donna, worked in the registrars office.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      LV most assuredly got a full scholarship. In fact every football and basketball players got full scholarships, as did track. The only ones who got partial scholarships were the baseball players. They only gave a couple full baseball scholarships per year back then.

LV was married his whole college career. His wife, Donna, worked in the registrars office.
      They now live in his home town of Goldthwaite.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        So which one of you single guys, that like to live on the edge and do crazy things, play with fire so to speak, are going to ask Texas Tornado out on a date.. We need the other side of the story..

Heck Ill even pitch in a $100 to help cover some your expenses..

If your scared say your scared... Im married but if I was single Id be scared for sure!! Just sayin....
        This is a job for Ragin....

Comment

Man, just read this whole thread! Brandon, I read a page or two this morning and asked a question. Looks like it was deleted and I apologize if you read it and took offense. Sorry for what you went through.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Make no mistake I wasn't wanting to date... With Riley's rodeo schedule and ranch work I don't have time for that.. I told her that ... Who knows maybe that's the angle
            I can't wait to corner you next week...I feel there is some unnecessary razzing from me in your near future!!

Comment

I am totally confused, I was thinking all along it was Brandon's wife that was sick

Whoever they are and for whatever reason they pulled something like this

1) I hope they get some help

2) I honestly hope Karma don't afflict them with any kind of health issue remotely close to what was claimed to be going on

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Unbelievable... I cannot even imagine the mental wreck of a person it takes to do something like this to such a great group of folks. I know I checked in at least twice daily to look for Brandon's updates and there were many that wasted many more hours than that on this hoax with prayers, postings, involvement with church groups outside the thread and just checking in all day etc etc.. Absolutely pathetic.

Did you get that black berry pie recipe before all this BS started?[emoji15]

Sad deal for sure, I can’t believe people could try and take advantage of people that clearly care.
                Prayers sent for Smart FND Brandon and all others that gave their heart and soul and truly cared for someone that obviously was in this to take advantage of everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                  I guess the only positive for me is that the whole episode got me to thinking about ticks and I bought a couple of cans of Sawyer Permethrin and sprayed my clothes down good prior to next weekend's H Hog hunt.

I also bought some permethrin and sprayed our clothes for this weeks lease trip. So some good did come from out of all the bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Right now I will double your offer and walk away from the table... You can keep the change... I **** sure don't need this kinda crazy in my life and more importantly in Riley's
                    Brandon I know it has been said at least 100 times in this thread but you are good dude and did the right thing.

I even had her on my church's prayer list. I hope this does not tarnish the future "asking for prayer" threads. I also got reeled in early on.

To all the prayer warriors keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
                      Did you get that black berry pie recipe before all this BS started?[emoji15]

I did but that was probably googled and presented as her own too.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        I did but that was probably googled and presented as her own too.
                        Maybe it was "Jenn's" recipe

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sjaaaz View Post
                          Maybe it was "Jenn's" recipe

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          Dang man, you're just plain asking for it!! Mighty cold to be sleepin' in he dog house! ... that is IF you survive!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Dang man, you're just plain asking for it!! Mighty cold to be sleepin' in he dog house! ... that is IF you survive!

I think he's talking about Courtney's alter ego "Jenn". Not NurseJenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              I can't wait to corner you next week...I feel there is some unnecessary razzing from me in your near future!!

I think instead of Team Music at nanza, we give the stage to Brandon for a little Q&A session!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just recalled my first suspicion.

It had to do with the fact that this lady was supposedly going through all these medical treatment, etc etc...and not conscious...and her medical status was being shared on tbh for all to see...without her consent....I felt as if the thread had turn into a “live” thread and was concerned that her medical status being posted here could be breaking some sort of law. No idea if there is a law pertaining to that, but I even went as far as to tell my group text buds to never run a live thread on me if I was on my “death bed”.

Skinny

Comment

Working...
                                X