Those of you feeding cottonseed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When constructing the feeders using a Tpost and the fencing material for the cottonseed feeders what kind of fencing material are you using? anything you can get at Home Depot or Lowes?

Originally posted by Ricochet83 View Post
    When constructing the feeders using a Tpost and the fencing material for the cottonseed feeders what kind of fencing material are you using? anything you can get at Home Depot or Lowes?
    58" vmesh fence is the ticket but hard to find
    i called tedesky fence co 817-599-3400 and paid them and they were nice enough to have me go pick a roll up at keystone steel & wire in sherman tx 903-893-0191

maybe they could set you up with a closer distributer

Comment

just get some 2x4 square hole wire or vmesh wire from tractor supply. both work. make the basket about 2.5 foot or bigger across

Comment

I'm trying to find a better way to feed cotton seed. Deer eat it at natural head height and too much falls on the ground that they stomp into the dirt.

Comment

We use the "V" fencing but it is expensive.....You can use ranch fencing, make the hoops about 3 feet in diameter...

Comment

Some guys are using frames from chemical totes & the openings are probably 4X4 5X5 inch squares.

Comment

I used 2x4 welded wire from tractor supply. They work great

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We use V wire cut into 9 ft lengths then formed into a cylinder. Makes a cylinder about 36 inches across by 5 ft tall. Holds around 800lbs
                  Last edited by huntingfanatic; 01-29-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

2x4 welded works as good as anything and is a lot cheaper than V

Comment

Working...
                    X