Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Paris Chamber of Commerce shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paris Chamber of Commerce shoot

I am looking for info on the start time for the Wed/Thursday shoot. Also where it will be held. There is limited info on the chamber website but nothing about if it is shotgun start or California start.

It is being held at the Archers for Christ archery club. Kinda california start all day, with a final cut off time each day. PM arrowsmith, and he should have more details. you could also PM storyteller on AT for more info.

Comment

It is at the Pro/Am site. Here is a link or it can be found by clicking the events tab on the ASA Paris page

Comment

City Shoot

Todd is correct. The city shoot will be at the Pro/Am site along the concrete sidewalk where the practice range and the Bill Baker range was at last year. It will have a California start from 9:00am to 3:00pm.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the help. Cant wait to get there.

Comment

Actually, I called the Chamber of Commerce today, and they told me it was from 10am to 4pm. I didn't know they were having it for two days until today. I posted on another thread that the info we were given at Archers for Christ was that it was just going to be on Thursday the 3rd. On another note, if any of you are traditional shooters, then don't even bother. It's set up for Unlimited and Open (compound) classes only. I showed up there today with my recurve, and asked where I would be shooting from. They told me whichever class I wanted to compete against. I looked at my recurve and asked how was I supposed to compete when the minimum distance for the majority of these targets was over 40yds. The CoC guy just shrugged and said, "Too bad. Shoot in either of these classes, or don't shoot at all." Pretty sorry if you ask me, but then again, I am in the minority... It does kinda mimic the view of the ASA though - If you aren't a Pro or in the unlimited class, then they don't really give a spit about you.
            Last edited by jmack; 04-02-2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Lets clarify this.

This bonus shoot is not sponsored by ASA. Lamar CC is putting it on and its FREE. There is no entry fee.

ASA does have a class for traditional shooters. They do care about traditional shooters. There are traditional shooters from all over Texas and the US coming to shoot the ASA shoot which starts Saturday.

Comment

so who won this thing? my buddy gomez?

Comment

Working...
                X