Texas Heart Shot Hog vs Slice the Wonder Russell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Heart Shot Hog vs Slice the Wonder Russell

hey guys, i guided a hunt recently and had some pretty funny footage i had to share, i know its not a bow hunt but the thrill is in the chase.

my hunter and I here up in two tripods on a shore of stock tank over looking a feeder about 160 yards out. i set my jacket down on the expanded metal floor so Slice could sleep through the hunt. we had already shot piglet and Slice was wound up. about 20 minutes later this pig ambles out about 85 yards from us and starts feeding away. i have my hunter a quick green light to shoot when he was ready, i figured he'd wait for the broad side shot, but thats no fun. the video tells the story of the shot, then slice jumped off the tripod, the floor of which is about 7 feet off the ground and commenced to unlease a can of JRT whoopass. Once that happened i grabbed the pistol and shut off the camera cause things were fixing to get graphic. slice and the hog had rolled and fought into about 8 inches of water, i got ahold of a hind leg and drug the soaking struggling mass of fury out and when slice was clear popped the pig in the head twice. we finished our hunt, and when i walked by the big it was still breathing! i stuck a knife into the lungs, heard a hiss of air and took off to find the other pig. when i came back, the pig was still alive. So i went Chareles Manson on the pig with the skinning knife. the truck showed up, we loaded the close pig first then came back to this one, it was still breathing! two more head shots finally finished it off. i guess texas heart shot hogs produce lots of adrenalin.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3y7WJmMJOw"]YouTube - 2010 Slice the Wonder Russell and the Texas Heart Shot Hog[/ame]

Hilarious! That is one tough dog!

Comment

And one tough pig!
      I am always amazed at how some of them just won't die.

Comment

Awesome dog.

Comment

really? in the ***? a little dissapointed in the shot choice

BUT, the dog is hilarious!!!

Comment

haha that's awesome. those jack russells are vicious creatures!

On a side note, this thread could get interesting...

Comment

that's insane...how could it possibly still be alive?

Comment

That's a fine dog!

Comment

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That dog is a trip!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Comment

dog is hilarious, although i question the shot. sorry. not trying to stir up anything, i just don't think i could shoot anything in the rear on purpose.

Comment

the hunter i guided said he hadn't hunted since he was 17, he's now 50+. not sure why he chose the arse, or perhaps he just missed the quartering away shot. not my decision.

Comment

I think his scope is set a little too high and right.....Talk about an itchy trigger finger!

Comment

LOL....Fire in the hole!!

Comment

Great dog!

Comment

Working...
                              X