Clear All

I got all teary eyed when I saw that Jake was back

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
      I got all teary eyed when I saw that Jake was back
      So did tigerscowboy evidently lol

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
        Let's agree to hold that thought. BA is .100 (Good arm? Good speed? Haven't seen the plays that challenge these skill sets you speak of)
        I do not believe you have the skill set or the baseball mentality to recognize good arm, speed, etc..

Comment

Hey look at who just put the Astros in position to at least tie this.

Comment

should of never gotten to this point!! Giles is the one that needs to go!!

Comment

Except for the top of the 9th the astros played good baseball. Win will go down in the history of baseball's fluke plays.

Tucker was a part of the win.

Comment

Getting old...can someone refresh my memory ? How many times did Tucker come across homeplate yesterday ?

Comment

Saved for later.

Comment

Originally posted by Stykbow View Post
                    Getting old...can someone refresh my memory ? How many times did Tucker come across homeplate yesterday ?

I didn't think the Astros had that much bubble gum in the dugout?.....

Comment

he had a good game yesterday!
                      bet he faced the kangaroo court for the dropped/trapped/fumbled ball against the wall though
                      Kid stays composed.. left field at minute maid is a *****.. he'll get it.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                        saved for later.
                        x2 :d

Comment

Yea, he'll probably be ok, but he sure seems off... Last night was actually the first time I saw him play... I turned on the tube after reading this thread and I got to see the bottom of the 9th... When he hit the ball and it was an obvious hit, he seemed to just run hard enough to get to first like he knew that was all he was going to get... meanwhile the runner on first went first to third with a throw attempt to get him out. When that play was over, I was wondering why he was not at second... He seemed to be watching the game rather than playing it. Then the play that allowed the runner on third to score tying the game, there was all kind of activity going on at home plate... with the ball completely loose... The kid was still standing on second!! Why in the world was he not standing on third... Again, he seemed to be watching all the action instead of being part of it... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt... for now, but he sure seems to lack the hustle a rookie should have in my view... Back when I coached ball, I always told my players to watch how Craig Biggio played the game... No matter how good or bad he hit a ball, he hauled arse to first and he got many, many infield hits, additional bases, reach on errors because he didn't jog to first just because of the way he hit the ball... That's a reason he's one of the all time leading doubles hitters in the game... Altuve plays the game in a similar manner... This kid needs to build a fire under his arse looks to me like...

Comment

So many bad takes....

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Yea, he'll probably be ok, but he sure seems off... Last night was actually the first time I saw him play... I turned on the tube after reading this thread and I got to see the bottom of the 9th... When he hit the ball and it was an obvious hit, he seemed to just run hard enough to get to first like he knew that was all he was going to get... meanwhile the runner on first went first to third with a throw attempt to get him out. When that play was over, I was wondering why he was not at second... He seemed to be watching the game rather than playing it. Then the play that allowed the runner on third to score tying the game, there was all kind of activity going on at home plate... with the ball completely loose... The kid was still standing on second!! Why in the world was he not standing on third... Again, he seemed to be watching all the action instead of being part of it... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt... for now, but he sure seems to lack the hustle a rookie should have in my view... Back when I coached ball, I always told my players to watch how Craig Biggio played the game... No matter how good or bad he hit a ball, he hauled arse to first and he got many, many infield hits, additional bases, reach on errors because he didn't jog to first just because of the way he hit the ball... That's a reason he's one of the all time leading doubles hitters in the game... Altuve plays the game in a similar manner... This kid needs to build a fire under his arse looks to me like...
                              21 years old playing in Majors.
                              I think whatever he's doin.. is working.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                I observed the similar when I commented that he looked like the Jay Cutler of baseball.

Tucker had a better game at the plate Tuesday night, but it was frustrating to see what he did with the base running. I expect that some veterans and coaches will motivate and encourage more hustle. Maybe it will happen. Several interviewers have made comments that this is his personality/character.

If Fisher get his batting back together, look out. He is all hustle and plays the outfield better. Especially Houston's left field.

Comment

Working...
                                X