• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a minute for a prayer today

Sergeant Kenneth May KIA May 11, 2010, Afghanistan

Corporal Jeff Johnson KIA May 11, 2010 Afghanistan

Sergeant Wade Wilson KIA May 11, 2012 Afghanistan

SGT. May and CPL. Johnson were both killed by the same IED as they followed a heard of sheep thinking that if they didn't set it off they should be safe. Families lost good brothers and husbands and fathers. The Marine Corps lost good Marines and better men. America Lost heroes.

Below is SGT. Wilson's citation. The world is a poorer place without him.

The President of the United States of America takes pride in presenting the Silver Star (Posthumously) to Sergeant Wade D. Wilson, United States Marine Corps, for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action against the enemy while serving as Platoon Sergeant, 3d Platoon, Weapons Company, 2d Battalion, 5th Marines, Regimental Combat Team 6, 1st Marine Division (Forward), I Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) on 11 May 2012, in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM. On 11 May 2012, in Musa Qal'eh District, Helmand Province, Afghanistan, Sergeant Wilson was providing security for his vehicle after it was damaged by an Improvised Explosive Device. An insurgent posing as a civilian retrieved an AK-47 from a poppy field 20 meters away and opened fire on four Marines in the vicinity of the downed vehicle, critically wounding the Marine in the rear of the vehicle. Sergeant Wilson immediately drew his M9 pistol and, leaving the safety of his armored vehicle, fearlessly closed with the insurgent, placing himself between the critically wounded Marine and the insurgent's barrage of fire. Sustaining multiple gunshot wounds, he continued moving against the enemy until falling mortally wounded. Sergeant Wilson's advance forced the insurgent to flee toward an element of Marines who subsequently engaged and killed him before he could inflict additional casualties. His selfless decision to place himself directly in the line of fire demonstrated tremendous courage and protected his fellow Marines from further harm. By his extraordinary guidance, zealous initiative, and total dedication to duty, Sergeant Wilson reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service.

Take time to reflect what we have because of what they have given.

I miss you brothers. Until Valhalla

Thanks to all of them for their service, I pray that their families have found peace.

Comment

"Somebody died for me today. I will endeavor, everyday, to be worthy of their sacrifice"

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
        "Somebody died for me today. I will endeavor, everyday, to be worthy of their sacrifice"
        Great quote!

Prayers for all that have served past and present.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
          Amen. God Bless America

Comment

Working...
          X