No announcement yet.

Best Dove Fillet Recipe... Prize awarded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove the two halves from the breast bone, cut in half. Season with chili powder, black pepper, & salt. Pan fry in a little olive oil with sliced onion & jalapeno. Serve taco-style in warmed flour tortillas with refried beans, shredded cheese, & cilantro.

Comment

I don't know if this is still going on or not, or that I would " qualify" as this is not my reciepe either. But if you look in the reciepe section for killer fajitas, and use the dove Brest meat diced up and marinated over night in it. Best way I have eaten doves yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        Got the grill up and running so I tried poppers tonight. Tough to decide which I liked better. Not sure what I'll try next.

Gunny- I do them just like you did them here but roll them in corn meal / flower mix and then deep fry!! I use spaghetti instead of tooth picks. BOOM!! Amazing!!
        Last edited by Rex; 09-15-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
          Gunny- I do them just like you did them here but roll them in corn meal / flower mix and then deep fry!! I use spaghetti instead of tooth picks. BOOM!! Amazing!!
          Sounds like a great idea.

Comment

Take a piece of bacon, stuff it with dove breast and a pepper, wrap it with cream cheese....

Seriously, i like them hammered flat with a meat tenderizer, deep fried with taters n bacon grease gravy.
            Or slice them and season with fajita seasoning on flat iron and make fajitas or tacos.

Comment

Here's a twist on your regular fried bird:

-Slice the breasts length wise to make them half as thick or beat them to that thickness.
              -Toast a 1/2 cup of pine nuts and then use a food process to make them into a flour
              -Mix pine nut flour with 1/4 cup of regular flour, and add salt, pepper, dried parsley, paprika to taste.
              -Whip a few eggs in a bowl, dip breasts into eggs and then dredge in the flour mixture.
              -Rack breasts in the fridge for a few hours
              -Pull dove out of fridge, let them warm up for an hour, and then fry in bacon / duck grease.

Serve over sweet potato waffle fries, squeeze a lemon over top and hit it with some hot sauce.

Comment

Best way is to combine the two best methods. Take the breast, soak in egg and then take a jalapeño slice and half a bacon strip. Wrap and toothpick it. THen dredge that in flour seasoned to your liking and fry it up like normal chicken fry. SO GOOD!

Comment

I like the poppers but I marinate them in Claudes brisket marinade for a couple of hours and then put em on the smoker at 300° for 30-35 minutes. Prefer hickory wood. Excellent.

Comment

I'm going to try some these!

Comment

Cable posted some pics on his Instagram of some Korean BBQ style bacon wrapped dove. It looked really good.

Comment

Someone definitely needs to start a TBH annual cook book up

Comment

Originally posted by Onski69 View Post
                          Someone definitely needs to start a TBH annual cook book up

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                            I usually fillet then off and chicken fry them with some onions
                            This is the winner.

Comment

Marinate in Dale"s sauce.. Skewer up with bacon and sausage if you like. Mesquite fire with stir fry veggies in homemade tortillas.

Comment

I’m not a great cook by any means but this is the way I do them and have been told by many people that my dove poppers are amazing.

Soak them in Italian dressing for 24 hrs
                                Jalapeños cut in half
                                Vegetable cream cheese
                                I prefer thin bacon
                                Grill em till the bacon is cooked
                                The kicker is glazing them with bbq sauce about 5min before you pull em off the grill.

Eat and enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X