Ziess Conquest hd5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ziess Conquest hd5

Any Reviews on these? I saw that they are on sale right now. Are they really a $1200 dollar scope on sale or are they a $700 scope they just say is on sale?

I have three of them in 3-15x50. I would not pay full retail for one. I think they are truly about a $600 scope that sells for $700. Compared to the features of the older Leupold VX6 (non HD) and now the VX5 scopes the Leupold is a lot better scope with more features and better glass.

To my eyes I believe the HD glass is just slightly less quality than a Leupold VX3i

Comment

I have 2 in 5-25x50 and they are great glass. Slightly better than my Leupolds. I would scoop one up for $700, good deal there.

Comment

I have a 3-15x50 I got last year for $700. As I already had a 6.5-20x50 I knew what to expect as far as clarity and quality.

I really like the hd5 reticle and the clarity is a lot better than my Trijicon Accupoint 5-20x50

Well worth the price for quality glass IMO

Comment

I have a 2-10x42 and like it a lot. I have a couple Leupold VX3’s and would say glass is equal to them. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one.

Comment

I just grabbed a HD5 3x15x50. Now im wondering if it was such a great deal at $699. I am also wondering if im going to regret the 1" tube. Seem to be having a hard time finding quality 1" rings. More opinions or suggestions on rings?

Its going on a buget LR rifle RAP in 6mm Creedmoor.

Comment

The Conquest 5 has been discontinued and replaced with the Conquest 6. That is why they have come down in price. I would get one for the $700 price. I would not have paid $1200 price tag. They are good scopes. Very good in low light too.

The Conquest V6 has a 30mm tube and ballistic turret.

Comment

got one last Friday
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  The Conquest 5 has been discontinued and replaced with the Conquest 6. That is why they have come down in price. I would get one for the $700 price. I would not have paid $1200 price tag. They are good scopes. Very good in low light too.

The Conquest V6 has a 30mm tube and ballistic turret.
                  Ahh so same glass just 6x and 30mm tube?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                    I just grabbed a HD5 3x15x50. Now im wondering if it was such a great deal at $699. I am also wondering if im going to regret the 1" tube. Seem to be having a hard time finding quality 1" rings. More opinions or suggestions on rings?

Its going on a buget LR rifle RAP in 6mm Creedmoor.
                    LaRue tactical....

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Ahh so same glass just 6x and 30mm tube?
                      The V6 is supposedly made in Germany with their glass. V5 was assembled in the USA. New price tag is $1899. It is a better scope with a lot more elevation and windage adjustment. Also have ballistic reticles.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                        The V6 is supposedly made in Germany with their glass. V5 was assembled in the USA. New price tag is $1899. It is a better scope with a lot more elevation and windage adjustment. Also have ballistic reticles.
                        mine says made in Germany and it also has a ballistic reticle ...

Comment

Originally posted by bubba joe View Post
                          mine says made in Germany and it also has a ballistic reticle ...
                          You are correct. They were made in Germany. I was wrong. The V6 has MOA reticles. Not sure but I know the Z-600 and Z-800 reticles are ballistic, but couldn't find if they are MOA or MRAD.

Comment

not sure about that either

Comment

got to looking, they are definitely not MOA....

Comment

Working...
                              X