No announcement yet.

European mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO, I think those weird tactics turned out fabulous...
    Attached Files

Comment

I'd put in on an antpile and let nature do the work. Thats what I did and they took off EVERYTHING! Then boiled it just to make sure, used an SOS pad to fine clean everything, then soaked it in Dawn Soap and water, then sprayed some Duluted 75% peroxide on it a few times and let dry. Mine turned out real nice I think.

Comment

Originally posted by johng View Post
        Take 'em to that taxidermist in Sealy, forget doing the work and go have fun
        how much does he charge and which one?

Comment

This is how I do my European mounts. If you have any questions, let me know.

Comment

paid 110 for mine, joshua deer processing. turned out great, got it back in less than 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
              IMHO, I think those weird tactics turned out fabulous...
              You'll learn that when it comes to Euro mounts there's Texastaxi's way and then there's the wrong ways...

Comment

Ill give it a try!

Comment

This dude is the best. I watched this video a couple of years ago and started doing my own after that. Works like a charmhttps://youtu.be/1lj7DtfsmaA

Comment

Find someone with beetles is the best option to get the tissue off

The next option is simmer (DO NOT BOIL) it in a big pot with Dawn ultra (or whatever the concentrated version is)

This takes time, cook a little while, remove what tissue you can. Repeat

If you ever get over to the Dallas area Beetleguy on here can help you out

32drawlength, if it works for you then keep doing it

Comment

Working...
                    X