Live in the middle of the day from Mills County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live in the middle of the day from Mills County

I had to make an unexpected trip up to Goldthwaite to help the mother in law so I figured I’d get a little hunting in too. I spread a bag of corn out by hand about 150 yards from a feeder in a small clearing and I’m hoping to get a little lucky. At least the weather is nice

oughta be a good day for it!

Comment

I hope so, low 50s all day would be really nice as long as the rain holds off. Had two really small does stop in and eating now. They look like fawns but without the spots, they get a pass

Comment

There’s three or four does nudging around on the edge of the clearing, if one of them steps out it will be fresh back straps for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by ThePumaLives View Post
          There’s three or four does nudging around on the edge of the clearing, if one of them steps out it will be fresh back straps for lunch
          Heck yeah!

Good luck

Comment

Patience Grasshopper. My Grandad used to say about days like today......The chances of seeing deer may be low but the chances of seeing a big deer, pretty **** good!

Comment

He may be right today, this is the same spot I missed a 10 point last year with my bow; would’ve been my first buck with a bow and I made a terrible shot.

Comment

Everything just took off like a bolt out of nowhere, crashing in every direction so not sure what spooked them.

Comment

Whatever did it I hope you catch a glance of. Could be a big buck, could be a yote or a pig. Either way, hammer down! Good luck today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That sounds like a chase ! ^^^^^^ Good luck !

Comment

The big boys should be roaming today good luck

Comment

No clue what it was, but everything’s took off running or flying in every direction. Nothing has come back either, even the birds have left me. Maybe I smell bad?

Comment

Did the wind change directions?

Comment

Hopefully they come back, good luck

Comment

Bigfoot near

Comment

Working...
                              X