Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well we may not be shooting in oklahoma asa shoot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we may not be shooting in oklahoma asa shoot...

They are telling me that I cannot shoot with luke ...they said parents are welcome too follow ...but cannot shoot together...so I may just take luke. Im sorry but I dont feel comfortable sending my 10 yr old off with people I dont know...they told me that people are complaining about some of the scores that are being turned in by youth shooters with their parents...also someone had told me before that someone complained that there was no way that luke could shoot 4 up at the qualifier that we went too in connerville,ok.. We dont even keep our own scorecards!!!!! We always trade cards with the other shooters in our group....maybe thats why they only have 250 or so qualified for state... Compared to 850 or so in texas....not to shooter friendly...

Sorry to hear that.. No fun at all.

Comment

I think luke will be fine. and honestly what on earth outside of him falling and getting hurt maybe will happen to him on an archery range? surrounded by other archers?

Go, shoot, let him show them homa homa knuckleheads he can shoot those scores,and dont worry about the rumors. I dont think that is why there are so many less qualified shooters. I think it is more the promotion of the sport than anything to make it grow.

Comment

Hmmmmm...... I don't seer any problem if someone else is holding their card......
        I deff. wouldn't be sending my kid off with other people! They could jack with their shots in a negative way! I know it's not customary to talk about what distance you "THINK" a target is setting at, but if guys are mumbling distances to each other, it would be playing in a kids head the whole time.

And the reason there were more qualifiers in TX is because we're better! Lol

...... That's probably a population thing.... More shooters in TX

Comment

Im just one of those parents that like to have my 10 yr old in sight of either me or his mother...i dont care where its at!!!

Comment

That stinks! I wouldn't want my child going off with someone I don't know. Why don't they have some follow the groups and record the scores, that what they'd do at shoots in El Paso when I was a kid.

Comment

I agree buddy I would not feel comfortable letting him go with other people, but they will find out soon enough about how the little man shoots, and then there will be no excuse as to why he is not only the back to back Texas state champion and the soon to be Oklahoma state champion. Go get em Luke!!!!

Comment

did he shoot in a group with out you at the state championship in paris? or at a national shoot? how is this any different. but that is just me i guess. sorry it isnt working out like you hoped.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  did he shoot in a group with out you at the state championship in paris? or at a national shoot? how is this any different. but that is just me i guess. sorry it isnt working out like you hoped.
                  We shot together at the last 2 state championships...we got paired with another dad and son...the dad shot hunter class like me and his son was an eagle also...last year. This year we shot with 3 youth pin shooters and had a great time both times...at the proams he shoots at 8 am...and we get to follow his group and watch...then my class started at noon...and luke likes to go with me and watch and visit with everyone...im still going to take luke to shoot ..just will have to be a spectator instead of a shooter also...theres alot of people on here that know us and have shot with us and know how much fun we have shooting together..and I know there will come a time where we dont always shoo t together but not at age 10!!!!! And with all the stories out there today...i dont think a parent can ever be to safe...also we share binos and a rangefinder right now!! Lol

Comment

Sorry to hear that your not going to be able to shoot and totally understand u wanting to be close to your young one. Im the one who ran the connerville shoot didn't hear any one talking about the young ones scores myself but just look at the scores some of these youths are putting up at the pro/ams there crazy. Fact is we have some youth that can flat shoot! I always personally liked it when parents volunteered to shoot with the young ones up to a certain age.

Comment

Originally posted by murph62 View Post
                      Im just one of those parents that like to have my 10 yr old in sight of either me or his mother...i dont care where its at!!!
                      there's no way i'd send my kid off with someone i don't know
                      don't mater WERE it is...
                      just wanted to say it again just in case someone didn't understand the first time.....
                      i'm with ya 100% on this,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by okarcher View Post
                        Sorry to hear that your not going to be able to shoot and totally understand u wanting to be close to your young one. Im the one who ran the connerville shoot didn't hear any one talking about the young ones scores myself but just look at the scores some of these youths are putting up at the pro/ams there crazy. Fact is we have some youth that can flat shoot! I always personally liked it when parents volunteered to shoot with the young ones up to a certain age.
                        We had a great time at the connerville shoot...it was a beautiful place and beautiful day to shoot...and im not trying to stir up any trouble, and it wasnt said there we were told about it at a proam...just dont really understand yalls rule on no parents shooting with their little kids..But like I said today I was told that I couldnt shoot with luke because they were afraid of parents cheating for their kids...and yes I shot at state with luke and 3 youth pins shooters...and was thanked numerous times by their parents for how much fun they had shooting with us...

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
                          there's no way i'd send my kid off with someone i don't know
                          don't mater WERE it is...
                          just wanted to say it again just in case someone didn't understand the first time.....
                          i'm with ya 100% on this,,,,
                          thanks....

Comment

Woo hoo!!!

Its handled!! Talked to elisha plum....she said it would be no problem....very nice!!! She assured me luke would have been safe with the people that are going to go out with the youth shooters....but I told her im just one of those parents if I dont know you VERY WELL...my 10 yr old is not going with you....im just that way!!!! But its all good now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by murph62 View Post
                              Its handled!! Talked to elisha plum....she said it would be no problem....very nice!!! She assured me luke would have been safe with the people that are going to go out with the youth shooters....but I told her im just one of those parents if I dont know you VERY WELL...my 10 yr old is not going with you....im just that way!!!! But its all good now!!!
                              Good to hear. I would send Colby off either. I shoot to be able to have fun with my son anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X