Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default Cali Considering No Firearm use from Police

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b00fa46f872c28
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Sorry....typo. "Restricting firearm use"
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #3
grizzman
Pope & Young
 
grizzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Frisco
Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas
Default

Yeah, I saw that this morning. Nothing like politicians who don't put their lives on the line everyday dictating to those that do. Stupidity.
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #4
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Click bait thread title "Opening fire should be last resort"

Why is this a bad thing? The fact that lethal force isn't already last resort is a terrible thing.

I've always found it odd rules of engagement in a war zone can be more strict than our civilian police force.

And before I get flamed, sorry for believing in due process
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #5
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Click bait thread title "Opening fire should be last resort"

Why is this a bad thing? The fact that lethal force isn't already last resort is a terrible thing.

I've always found it odd rules of engagement in a war zone can be more strict than our civilian police force.

And before I get flamed, sorry for believing in due process
You feel free to become a LEO and I want to watch you use it as a dead last resort....I'm sure after you fight a few meth heads and everything else you will still feel the same way you do now.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #6
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
You feel free to become a LEO and I want to watch you use it as a dead last resort....I'm sure after you fight a few meth heads and everything else you will still feel the same way you do now.
The beauty of free choice in America. I don't care to do those things so I don't choose to be an officer.

Fist fights shouldn't warrant a death sentence.
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #7
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

My stance is just the opposite. Police should have more fire power and less scrutiny IMO.

If you don't want to get shot by the Police don't resist arrest, don't run, don't point a gun at an officer or better yet don't do stupid **** to begin with.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 04:56 PM   #8
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Click bait thread title "Opening fire should be last resort"
I shot from the hip when posting. Its not something I usually do.

I humbly disagree with the rest of your post. It will only encourage more brutality toward police knowing you can push them to a certain point (fist fighting) .. before any fear of getting yourself shot.
All it takes is one good hit from the aggressor and you go down and your gear is open for the using from said individual.

Last edited by Man; 04-04-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #9
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
The beauty of free choice in America. I don't care to do those things so I don't choose to be an officer.

Fist fights shouldn't warrant a death sentence.
That's the beauty of America. I think if you throw a fist punch at an officer you should be shot.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 05:13 PM   #10
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Fist fights shouldn't warrant a death sentence.
Becouse the cop always wins the fist fight right?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 05:39 PM   #11
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Wonder if we can tell which members were ruffed up by the popo on this thread?
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #12
OldRiverRat
Ten Point
 
OldRiverRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deer Park, TX
Hunt In: Navarro County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
The beauty of free choice in America. I don't care to do those things so I don't choose to be an officer.



Fist fights shouldn't warrant a death sentence.


If you are stupid enough to throw a punch at a cop you should be naturally selected to exit the gene pool.
Play stupid games win stupid prizes
Not sure if you have kids but I could use the analogy that if some dude punched my daughter he should expect to die if I find out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 07:15 PM   #13
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Lol.

I'm not anti-police. I'm pro better decision making.

Remember the blue toyota getting shot up for matching a description in Cali? Better decisions have to be made before use of lethal force. This is what Cali is aiming to do.
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 07:34 PM   #14
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Lol.

I'm not anti-police. I'm pro better decision making.

Remember the blue toyota getting shot up for matching a description in Cali? Better decisions have to be made before use of lethal force. This is what Cali is aiming to do.
Good decision making has always been a priority when talking about elevating to deadly force. HAVE there been questionable decisions made? Sure, but just like everyone else officers are human and make errors. Do you really believe officers are going out on patrol just wanting to pull the trigger on people?? SMH
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 07:36 PM   #15
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner,Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
Yeah, I saw that this morning. Nothing like politicians who don't put their lives on the line everyday dictating to those that do. Stupidity.
Sounds like the same complaint the vet's from Nam would have.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2018, 07:40 PM   #16
MBV77
Ten Point
 
MBV77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Whitesboro, TX.
Hunt In: Clay County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
The beauty of free choice in America. I don't care to do those things so I don't choose to be an officer.



Fist fights shouldn't warrant a death sentence.


If Iím an officer and youíve got me down beating on my head Iím going to kill you if Iím conscious and able to get to my gun. Itís easy to sit back in the comfort of your recliner, in the safety of your own living room and Monday morning quarterback these situations.

So if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night and you are within feet of him in the dark are you going to use deadly force? Or are you going to take time to assess the situation and see if heís just there to rob you or rob you and do harm to you?

Sometimes you only have seconds to make a decision and act. Those seconds can be the difference between life or death. Officers face these situations everyday. Luckily you probably donít have to.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 07:28 AM   #17
Wtex
Four Point
 
Wtex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Lol.

This is what Cali is aiming to do.
You have got to be kidding. Most all that California does when it comes to police ends up making their job harder. Choices made, what about the choice that the perp makes when he assults an officer. I guess the badge should turn the other cheek. Sorry bud but I disagree with your logic. While an officers actions should be held to a higher standard that does not mean you cut them off at the knees and restrict their abilities. Sure there will be bad cops, dicipline them accordingly or terminate them. But you can't throw out some blanket policy and expect good results. This will just allow more violent actions by the people that make the bad decisions.
Wtex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 07:55 AM   #18
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young
 
sierracharlie338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Republic of Texas (Houston)
Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Lol.

I'm not anti-police. I'm pro better decision making.
Better decision making that you know nothing about? Sounds like a politician.
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 07:57 AM   #19
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

On one hand I think this is idiotic and will put officers in danger.

On the other hand, it's only fair considering how Cali treats it's subjects. If the "citizens" can't have/use guns, why should the government be able to? Kind of one of the fundamental ideas this country was founded on.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 07:58 AM   #20
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Clay C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Conroe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
If Iím an officer and youíve got me down beating on my head Iím going to kill you if Iím conscious and able to get to my gun. Itís easy to sit back in the comfort of your recliner, in the safety of your own living room and Monday morning quarterback these situations.

So if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night and you are within feet of him in the dark are you going to use deadly force? Or are you going to take time to assess the situation and see if heís just there to rob you or rob you and do harm to you?

Sometimes you only have seconds to make a decision and act. Those seconds can be the difference between life or death. Officers face these situations everyday. Luckily you probably donít have to.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a cop and I'm going to do that in that situation. One punch can be deadly.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 08:20 AM   #21
neilmc70
Eight Point
 
neilmc70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Weatherford
Hunt In: Jack,Parker,Tarrant,Young
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Lol.

I'm not anti-police. I'm pro better decision making.

.
Put on the uniform and confront criminals all day then come back and tell us how better decision making you are!
Criminal want to commit felonies,resist, and act a fool without fear of getting shot.
neilmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #22
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

Eff that - they already have police issues in Cali.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 08:28 AM   #23
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post

On the other hand, it's only fair considering how Cali treats it's subjects. If the "citizens" can't have/use guns, why should the government be able to? Kind of one of the fundamental ideas this country was founded on.
Interesting perspective.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 08:32 AM   #24
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

One would think by now, God would cut that San Andreas fault loose.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 08:42 AM   #25
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
On one hand I think this is idiotic and will put officers in danger.

On the other hand, it's only fair considering how Cali treats it's subjects. If the "citizens" can't have/use guns, why should the government be able to? Kind of one of the fundamental ideas this country was founded on.
Kind of the same as, if the government isnt going to follow laws (sanctuary cities) can they really expect the "citizens" too?
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 10:29 AM   #26
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wilco
Hunt In: the dark
Default

I didn't click the link but I hope Cali does it. Would be valuable to have those statistics to show how terrible of an idea it is for any other state to consider.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 04:02 PM   #27
overcomer401965
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Coleman, Texas
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Best Live PD shows ever, this is gonna be good. Feel bad for the LEO's though.
overcomer401965 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #28
Hunter Todd
Ten Point
 
Hunter Todd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Telephone, Tx
Hunt In: Fannin co. /Boswell, Ok.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Lol.

I'm not anti-police. I'm pro better decision making.

Remember the blue toyota getting shot up for matching a description in Cali? Better decisions have to be made before use of lethal force. This is what Cali is aiming to do.
Well, if we keep making it more dangerous for cops to do their job, the ones that are "better decision" makers will make the "better" decision to seek other careers. Then ALL we are left with is bad decision makers. IMO
Hunter Todd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2018, 01:56 PM   #29
Snakelover
Pope & Young
 
Snakelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Poetry, TX
Hunt In: Haskell Co., TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Todd View Post
Well, if we keep making it more dangerous for cops to do their job, the ones that are "better decision" makers will make the "better" decision to seek other careers. Then ALL we are left with is bad decision makers. IMO
Sadly in some places that's already starting to happen.
Snakelover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #30
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakelover View Post
Sadly in some places that's already starting to happen.
Yep..
Its happening in a lot of the border towns and counties.. The cartels and their vicious threats against LEO's and their families are forcing many to seek careers that are far less hazardous.....
Trump needs to direct Mad Dog to form a BIG task force and go to these places and clean house.. Take NO prisoners!!!!!!!!!!!
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2018, 09:19 PM   #31
Lynn21
Ten Point
 
Lynn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesquite,texas
Hunt In: Childress, Tx
Default

Convicts and felons just one another one........
Lynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #32
Lynn21
Ten Point
 
Lynn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesquite,texas
Hunt In: Childress, Tx
Default

Too many beers tonite- "won another one."
Lynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-07-2018, 11:52 PM   #33
stickerpatch59
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Yep..
Its happening in a lot of the border towns and counties.. The cartels and their vicious threats against LEO's and their families are forcing many to seek careers that are far less hazardous.....
Trump needs to direct Mad Dog to form a BIG task force and go to these places and clean house.. Take NO prisoners!!!!!!!!!!!
something like this is the only way to have any hope of success; you have to be just as ; if not more brutal than your enemy.
then you may see some progress.
as long as there is no stomach to do what is needed, unfortunately nothing will change.
if the U.S.were even remotely serious, they would impose death penalties for drug dealers.
yeah, I know it is a long row to hoe.... jmo
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-08-2018, 01:34 AM   #34
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

Yep....when I was younger I always hoped some of my 4 sons (or 1 daughter) would follow my path and get into law enforcement. Now.....not so much. The world is heading south...I teach self preservation and self defense now.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com