Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 04-05-2018, 09:45 AM   #1
Russ79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, San Augustine county, Beaufort county NC
Default This is going to be fun to watch

The Democrat governor of Oregon says she will refuse to send the Oregon National Guard to the southern border when President Trump calls for them to go down there. I can't figure out where state officials think they have the right to refuse to enforce federal law or comply with federal orders. I don't know how President Trump gets out of bed everyday knowing that it will be a battle all day long to do what people elected him to do, even with the folks in his party.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
Bazo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can

Time to start loadind buses and send them to Oregon.
Bazo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #3
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Just need to refuse to send a penny in federal funding for anything to any state that refuses to live up to their federal responsibilities.
Then, jail any elected official who refuses the same.
Liberals are terrible people who apparently hope this country ends up like the dirt poor crap south of our border
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 11:21 AM   #4
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Just need to refuse to send a penny in federal funding for anything to any state that refuses to live up to their federal responsibilities.
Liberals are terrible people who apparently hope this country ends up like the dirt poor crap south of our border
As long the elected officials pulling this crap are standing on top of that dirt pile when it happens...they don't care.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #5
grizzman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas

The National Guard can be federalized like they did in Arkansas in 1957 . One day they are working for the Governor to prevent integration, the next day they are working for the President to support integration.

Last edited by grizzman; 04-05-2018 at 11:26 AM.
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 12:01 PM   #6
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land

Better question is have they changed the policies for the troops going down there? Last time they sent guys my FIL told me the troops' hands were tied so bad that BP felt like they were really just in the way.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
Better question is have they changed the policies for the troops going down there? Last time they sent guys my FIL told me the troops' hands were tied so bad that BP felt like they were really just in the way.
Very true. My brother is an agent and he said all the guard wass allowed to do was observe and report. Nothing else
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #8
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ79 View Post
The Democrat governor of Oregon says she will refuse to send the Oregon National Guard to the southern border when President Trump calls for them to go down there. I can't figure out where state officials think they have the right to refuse to enforce federal law or comply with federal orders. I don't know how President Trump gets out of bed everyday knowing that it will be a battle all day long to do what people elected him to do, even with the folks in his party.
Lol how times have changed. Shoes don't feel so good on the other foot, huh?

Bet you weren't complaining when Abbott stood up to Obama.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
fulmer34
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke, Runnels, Val Verde counties

Border patrol guy on the radio this morning said they would put the guard in positions of monitoring video cameras and motion sensors and stuff. So that it would free up more BP agents to be boots on the ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
fulmer34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 01:29 PM   #10
Russ79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, San Augustine county, Beaufort county NC

35remington, are you talking about when Governor Abbott challenged President Obama to come and take our guns if he used executive action to impose stiffer gun laws without going thru Congress? If that is it there is a great deal of difference between the two- one is trying to circumvent constitutional procedure to seek your end versus trying to secure our border from invasion.
Russ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #11
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Abbot stand up to obama's plan to allow a un impeded flow of illegals to swarm our country and This idiot is standing up to Trump in his attempt to prevent the swarm of illegals?
I would say one is a patriot and the other needs a prison cell
Old 04-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #12
flywise
Pope & Young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bthTW43W0ow
Old 04-05-2018, 01:47 PM   #13
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post

Of course we werenít complaining when our governor was trying to stop illegal aliens from pouring into our state, any sane person wouldnít complain about that just like any sane person should be complaining about Oregon not supporting the president trying to secure our border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #14
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default Eliminate the EO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ79 View Post
one is trying to circumvent constitutional procedure to seek your end.
That alway ****** me off. I wish the republicans in congress would do the American people a favor and do away with the Executive Order. That's one that was definitely not created by the founding fathers.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 03:35 PM   #15
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Atoka County, OK

Let's face it, both sides abuse their powers at pretty much all levels. Can't help but think we are headed toward a serious Constitutional crisis and some form of civil war if this continues. Executive orders, selective enforcement of laws, targeting, etc. We're outraged when the other side defies what we agree with but defend our side when the situation is reversed.

Personally, I think it is a bogus request that would deploy the Oregon national guard to defend our southern border with Mexico when we are not in a war time. I don't blame them. Now with regard to the sanctuary cities and cutting off federal resources, I completely agree with the President.

Bottom line is that holding the other side to a standard that we don't hold our own side to and getting angry about it seems like a waste of energy. We might be better off holding our own side to a higher standard of leadership starting with the guy in the WH.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 04:03 PM   #16
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
Let's face it, both sides abuse their powers at pretty much all levels. Can't help but think we are headed toward a serious Constitutional crisis and some form of civil war if this continues. Executive orders, selective enforcement of laws, targeting, etc. We're outraged when the other side defies what we agree with but defend our side when the situation is reversed.

Personally, I think it is a bogus request that would deploy the Oregon national guard to defend our southern border with Mexico when we are not in a war time. I don't blame them. Now with regard to the sanctuary cities and cutting off federal resources, I completely agree with the President.

Bottom line is that holding the other side to a standard that we don't hold our own side to and getting angry about it seems like a waste of energy. We might be better off holding our own side to a higher standard of leadership starting with the guy in the WH.
All politicians are POS's

But please list what Republicans do or try to do that's against the constitution.

It's NOT opinion if it's good or bad to let illegals enter the Country. We have laws for immigrants and for good reason. They were not just made up one day for fun. We have the 2nd amendment for a reason. You can have whatever opinion you want on gay marriage, making drugs legal, if men should be able to identify as girls etc.

So what is the right doing that's so bad? Please enlighten me.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 04:15 PM   #17
DJM
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co

Quote:

Personally, I think it is a bogus request that would deploy the Oregon national guard to defend our southern border with Mexico when we are not in a war time.
The highlighted words should explain it all.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 04:28 PM   #18
Hunter Todd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin co. /Boswell, Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
The highlighted words should explain it all.

DJ
That about sums it up.
Hunter Todd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #19
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:

We have been in a constitutional crisis for the last 15 months with a bogus investigation that's only purpose is to remove an elected president. As for deploying the National guard, this is nothing new and certainly nothing remotely close to causing a constitutional crisis.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:38 PM   #20
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
All politicians are POS's

But please list what Republicans do or try to do that's against the constitution.

It's NOT opinion if it's good or bad to let illegals enter the Country. We have laws for immigrants and for good reason. They were not just made up one day for fun. We have the 2nd amendment for a reason. You can have whatever opinion you want on gay marriage, making drugs legal, if men should be able to identify as girls etc.

So what is the right doing that's so bad? Please enlighten me.
Your first and last sentences kind of make my point. Theyíre all POSísÖ.but what is ďso badĒ about the right. Thatís because we agree with their politics.

Illegal immigration across our southern borders is already at a historic low, thanks to Trump. Now he wants to mobilize the National Guard and send them to the border to further protect us? This is nothing but a political stunt.

As for your other comment, it isnít so much against the constitution as it manipulating its boundaries and interpretation. Executive orders are routinely abused by both sides. Both sides are pro states rights when it suits them and vice versa when it doesnít. So why do we get so upset at what the other side does then defend it when our side does the same thing? They arenít going to change their behavior because we donít like it. And politicians on our side aren't going to change their behavior if we defend it.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:44 PM   #21
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
I don't know what the penalty can be for refusing to enforce federal law, but they should receive the MAX. time to make examples out of a few of them.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 08:27 PM   #22
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Your first and last sentences kind of make my point. Theyíre all POSísÖ.but what is ďso badĒ about the right. Thatís because we agree with their politics.

Illegal immigration across our southern borders is already at a historic low, thanks to Trump. Now he wants to mobilize the National Guard and send them to the border to further protect us? This is nothing but a political stunt.

As for your other comment, it isnít so much against the constitution as it manipulating its boundaries and interpretation. Executive orders are routinely abused by both sides. Both sides are pro states rights when it suits them and vice versa when it doesnít. So why do we get so upset at what the other side does then defend it when our side does the same thing? They arenít going to change their behavior because we donít like it. And politicians on our side aren't going to change their behavior if we defend it.
This past March had an increase of almost 200% from March of 2017.
Charles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #23
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
This past March had an increase of almost 200% from March of 2017.
March 2017 was the lowest month in decades and it only April 5, 2018. That 200% is a guestimate based on a 37% increase in the number rejected at and caught illegally crossing the border.

But that isn't the point, I want our immigration laws enforced too. But suggesting this jump justifies state national guards from our northernmost states to be deployed as powerless monitors is crazy.

This whole thing is just a ploy because our president has a bruised ego from being unable to get his wall funded. The wall he repeatedly and foolishly promised the American people that Mexico would pay for.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:51 PM   #24
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
March 2017 was the lowest month in decades and it only April 5, 2018. That 200% is a guestimate based on a 37% increase in the number rejected at and caught illegally crossing the border.

But that isn't the point, I want our immigration laws enforced too. But suggesting this jump justifies state national guards from our northernmost states to be deployed as powerless monitors is crazy.

This whole thing is just a ploy because our president has a bruised ego from being unable to get his wall funded. The wall he repeatedly and foolishly promised the American people that Mexico would pay for.
Just in case anyone's wondering where we've gone since the beginning.
The wall is just a metaphor, not a real thing
The wall is totally a real thing
Mexico is going to pay for it
Mexico is going to reimburse us at a later date after we impose import taxes
Congress will pay for the wall and Mexico will reimburse us
Congress will pay for the wall
The wall will pay for itself from all the economic winning
The military will pay for the wall
The military is the wall <----- We are here

Italics because I didn't write this
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #25
Old Bald Guy
Ten Point

Quote:
It did get him elected so maybe the jokes on us. Foolish would be falling for that empty campaign promise.
Old Bald Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2018, 06:48 AM   #26
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

She just farting in the wind. The President of the United States is the commander-in-chief of the state National Guard militias "when called into the actual Service of the United States." (Article II, Section 2). Once activated the president is now commander in chief over the guard as they are now fully an active part of the US armed forces and the governor no longer has any authority over their deployment. She has no more authority over anything the guard does at this point. No command officer of the guard will go against the presidents orders else they end up in Leavenworth stockade and be dishonorably booted from the military and lose all retirement and benefits.
In Texas only the Texas State Guard is commanded solely by the governor. They are not National Guard which are federal troops commanded by the governor only until activated by the president.

Last edited by muzzlebrake; 04-06-2018 at 06:52 AM.
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2018, 07:25 AM   #27
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
It did get him elected so maybe the jokes on us. Foolish would be falling for that empty campaign promise.
I think what got him elected was going up against the worst, most corrupt candidate in modern presidential history. Yes on your second point.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:35 AM   #28
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:

What should he do, throw in the towel? It's not like he's getting any help from any of the other filthy politicians. They would rather see our country go down in flames than to allow President Trump be successful. I applaud him for staying in the fight and continue to take the beating he's been taking.

#MAGA #GoTrump
Old 04-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #29
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:

I'm asking for examples so I can show you my point.

So tell me what the right does that's bad in liberal eyes.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:42 AM   #30
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:

This is actually great if you stop and think. It's 10,000 times better than any other politician would have done which is to just go into more debt and build the wall. At least Trump is trying hard to get it built without us paying for it.

I swear you guys hate Trump so much you can't even see straight.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:43 AM   #31
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:

We drive cars to work causing global pollution and we eat animals
Old 04-06-2018, 07:44 AM   #32
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
We drive cars to work causing global pollution and we eat animals
Maybe we monopolized all the good jobs and that's why they can't work
Old 04-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #33
Man
Pope & Young

No one asked for the Oregon national guard...she's just some ol bitty governor who's up for re-election and wants to be relevant.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:00 AM   #34
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
No one asked for the Oregon national guard...she's just some ol bitty governor who's up for re-election and wants to be relevant.
If Trump wanted to make heads explode, he could request all National Guards from Oregon be deployed to the border. I can't even imagine the **** show that would cause.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #35
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
If Trump wanted to make heads explode, he could request all National Guards from Oregon be deployed to the border. I can't even imagine the **** show that would cause.
The end result will be the Oregon national guard sitting on the border and the Governor with egg on her face.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:59 AM   #36
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

I think the real issue is a Governor of a State not understanding what National means.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2018, 02:37 PM   #37
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:

Iím not really sure what you mean by this or as you originally phrased - "But please list what Republicans do or try to do that's against the constitution" because neither was my point. Iím not trying to dodge your question, I just donít understand what you are asking me.

You can argue that Oregon is violating the Constitution by ignoring Trumpís order to send those troops to the border. You can also argue that Trump is violating his executive power responsibilities under the Constitution by ordering the deployment of troops to the borders without justification.

As for your comment ....you Trump haters that him so muchÖÖ I was actually a Trump supporter. While I still support him, I think his leadership as president has been miserable and I'm not going to defend him just because he is a Republican.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #38
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Iím not really sure what you mean by this or as you originally phrased - "But please list what Republicans do or try to do that's against the constitution" because neither was my point. Iím not trying to dodge your question, I just donít understand what you are asking me.

You can argue that Oregon is violating the Constitution by ignoring Trumpís order to send those troops to the border. You can also argue that Trump is violating his executive power responsibilities under the Constitution by ordering the deployment of troops to the borders without justification.

As for your comment ....you Trump haters that him so muchÖÖ I was actually a Trump supporter. While I still support him, I think his leadership as president has been miserable and I'm not going to defend him just because he is a Republican.
His tweets are miserable, agreed....what else?
Old 04-06-2018, 04:31 PM   #39
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
His tweets are miserable, agreed....what else?
It would be silly to answer that as it is obvious from your question that we have radically opposite views of what represents quality leadership. Personally, I just expected more of him. A lot more.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #40
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:

Cant deny any of those points! 3 card Molly and Politics are the same game!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
Just in case anyone's wondering where we've gone since the beginning.
The wall is just a metaphor, not a real thing
The wall is totally a real thing
Mexico is going to pay for it
Mexico is going to reimburse us at a later date after we impose import taxes
Congress will pay for the wall and Mexico will reimburse us
Congress will pay for the wall
The wall will pay for itself from all the economic winning
The military will pay for the wall
The military is the wall <----- We are here

Italics because I didn't write this
well, uh, hum,................that would be pretty much spot on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
She just farting in the wind. The President of the United States is the commander-in-chief of the state National Guard militias "when called into the actual Service of the United States." (Article II, Section 2). Once activated the president is now commander in chief over the guard as they are now fully an active part of the US armed forces and the governor no longer has any authority over their deployment. She has no more authority over anything the guard does at this point. No command officer of the guard will go against the presidents orders else they end up in Leavenworth stockade and be dishonorably booted from the military and lose all retirement and benefits.
In Texas only the Texas State Guard is commanded solely by the governor. They are not National Guard which are federal troops commanded by the governor only until activated by the president.
Yep, she is all about publicity on this issue. Total non-sense.
Per you second point.........until someone is willing to GIVE UP something (retirement/benefits) the political shenanigans will just continue both all sides! WE HAVE A MESS regrettably!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
You got it!!! 15 minutes of TV time and she is out of the news cycle.......lol.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2018, 06:05 PM   #41
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
It would be silly to answer that as it is obvious from your question that we have radically opposite views of what represents quality leadership. Personally, I just expected more of him. A lot more.
You wanting someone who acts like a " leader " with no results or What?
Seems to me a leader gets things done and probably is not real popular.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #42
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
You wanting someone who acts like a " leader " with no results or What?
Seems to me a leader gets things done and probably is not real popular.
Are you suggesting then that by comparison, Obama was a good leader? Or did you leave out the part that goes to the point I was making - if you agree with the results?

Obama drove a wedge into this country deeper than ever in modern times. Trump is cementing it in place. We just have different definitions and expectations of leadership.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:46 PM   #43
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Its just another example of Obstruction of justice... These idiots wont stop until they are actually prosecuted and do jail time for obstruction... I don't understand how they keep getting a pass on this type of crap..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #44
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Are you suggesting then that by comparison, Obama was a good leader? Or did you leave out the part that goes to the point I was making - if you agree with the results?

Obama drove a wedge into this country deeper than ever in modern times. Trump is cementing it in place. We just have different definitions and expectations of leadership.
Trump has nothing to do with the wedge you mention...the media is 100% responsible for that wedge. Trump is an embarrassment from time to time but he has gotten results like no other president since Reagan. Obama would have had an approval rating of 0 if the media had not had his back and as for leadership he was about as bad as Carter. Leadership means results and results is all we have gotten since the election. If anyone can't see that, they are intentially putting the blinders on
Old 04-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #45
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Trump is an embarrassment from time to time but he has gotten results like no other president since Reagan.
If that is what you believe - after less than 2 years in office - then he is your guy for sure. At least one of us has a president they can respect and be proud of.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:52 PM   #46
flywise
Pope & Young

Recken the last president you respected was Reagan....i can live with that.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #47
blacksunshine
Pope & Young

karma will come knocking soon...plus it's a leftist state...I am sure there will be a rush for assistance...she's got it all under control, she does need any help from a man....lol
blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top