Horn only mounts let’s see them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn only mounts let’s see them.

I have done diy eroupean mounts on whitetail and hogs also have done a few fan mounts on turkeys, but never a horn only. I have two deer I need to mount from this season. I tried the soak method for the first time and one of the snouts broke off a head. So I need to get some ideas on a horn only. Thanks for any help.

I found the bullet while cleaning him so I stuck it on the plague (sp?) I think he came out pretty good
    Attached Files

Comment

I like it....where did you get the plaque???

Comment

Bought it online and then went to Home Depot and got some polyurethane and paint brush to make it look nice

Used to be able to get those plagues at wal mart but I haven’t seen them there in a while

Cheap brown felt (or whatever color you like) and some glue for around the skull

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
          Bought it online and then went to Home Depot and got some polyurethane and paint brush to make it look nice

Used to be able to get those plagues at wal mart but I haven’t seen them there in a while

Cheap brown felt (or whatever color you like) and some glue for around the skull
          What’s the best way to cut the scull so that it’s nice and straight?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            I do it with a regular hand saw, doesn’t always come out perfect but you can hide some non-perfect cuts with the felt

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              Chainsaw

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                  Chainsaw
                  Obviously if you want to go the professional route

Comment

I've done quite a few. I have 2 more to do soon. I'll see if I can grab some pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hacksaw has always done the trick. Measure twice, cut once

Comment

I used mountain mike plaques for these 2 whitetail antler mounts
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          That is freakin' awesome! Nice work

Comment

Those are antlers, he wants to see “horns” only. C’mon man!!!!!

Comment

I did this one with a kit from The Taxidermy Workshop...I think it came out pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X