Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-26-2017, 09:54 AM   #1
Stick-Launcher
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas
Default What Prayer has God Answered For You?

I always see and have myself asked the Green Screen for prayer. I wanted to see what prayers have been answered for you, Whether you asked on here or not. Maybe your comment can lift someone up that needs it today.

I'll start... My Mom was diagnosed with cancer in May and has since passed, but it drew our family together and that was an answer prayer!
Stick-Launcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 09:59 AM   #2
Voodoo
Eight Point

Hunt In: Highway Medians

Too many to list Brother but I thank God every day for them and like Garth Brooks said, "unanswered prayers too".
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
mikerosa
Six Point

Too many to list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikerosa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 10:03 AM   #4
Fat Pappy
Ten Point

God hears all of our prayers, and will answer in his time. "God Is Good ".
Fat Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
coachk
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Clay Co

My good friend/riding partner was in a motorcycle accident in January and the Dr's didn't think he'd make it through the night because of severe brain trauma among other injuries. He was in the ICU for over 2 months and was mostly paralyzed on his right side. He was then transferred to Parkland Rehab for another month and is now in a rehab hospital in Anna for brain injuries. His daughter was to be married this past week in Mexico, but they had the ceremony at his rehab hospital. He was able to walk his daughter down the aisle unassisted. He still has a long recovery ahead, but he's slowly improving every day!
coachk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
Hunterlo70
Six Point

I was not born a Christian. In fact, while growing up, I used to be annoyed of anything that was related to Jesus. I hated Christian music and really couldn't stand it. Now I feel obligated to give my testimony lol sorry for the long read but here it goes.

I went through a weird phase when I was younger where I was a tad bit obsessed with aliens. I did a ton of research on the topic because it really sparked my interest. I listened to all these podcasts of conspiracy theories on the subject and watched numerous documentaries. One day, I watched this movie on Netflix called, "The Encounter" thinking it was a movie about aliens. Ten to fifteen minutes into the movie, I noticed that it was about Jesus and I instantly got annoyed. For whatever reason, I watched and finished the movie and by the end of the movie, I cried my eyes out. It was the weirdest thing. I said out loud that I'll give Jesus and chance to show himself to me and I swear, the light shining into my room became incredibly bright (not to the point where it blinded me) and I felt this strange presence - its hard to explain but it felt like I was loved.

Few days later, I forget about this whole ordeal. I was riding my motorcycle to work and in California, it's legal to lane split (riding between cars) so I always make my way between cars to the front of the stop light and I ALWAYS split lanes to the front but whatever reason, I decided to stay behind the last car. This car had a giant bumper sticker that read, "Jesus Loves You!" It reminded me of me asking him to prove himself to me so I kind of laughed it off and proceeded when the light turned green. This is the weird part. There was a white car to my right and I SWEAR ON MY LIFE, a voice said, "Watch out for this car" and as soon as I heard it, this vehicle, without checking his blind spot swerved into my lane and I was able to avoid it. I won't get into details but I'll describe the last "test" that finally got me to give my life to Jesus.

While in college, I worked for a law firm. Every year, the employees gets to spin this giant wheel (kind of like wheel of fortune) and each space has a dollar amount from 10 to 500 dollars. When it was my turn, I said, "okay Jesus, what the heck. If you are real, let me win 500 bucks" so I went up to spin, didn't even look at the wheel. I spun it, looked away and everyone erupted with cheers. I looked up and what do you know, I just won 500 bucks! I started attending various churches til I found my home church and got baptized 3 years ago. I haven't looked back since. I pray daily - not to ask for things but to give my thanks for saving me and for him to work his way into my friends' and family's hearts so he may do for them what he's done for me. I can't deny it. Since then, if I ever needed anything, I pray and they ALL get answered. God is awesome

Sorry for the long read.
Hunterlo70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 10:11 AM   #7
BDR
Eight Point

Hunt In: Brush Country

Our God is an AWESOME GOD!!
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #8
Hunterlo70
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR View Post
Our God is an AWESOME GOD!!
+1
Old 05-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #9
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hardin Co

All prays are answered. Sometimes the answer is no.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 11:29 AM   #10
woodsbound
Six Point

Hunt In: Erath County

Long story, but feel obligated to give testimony too. On 09/03/14 I had a blowout in my lifted Jeep going about 85 mph on my way to work on a small country road. It was midweek around 4 AM so not much traffic at all. The jeep flipped multiple times, seatbelt didn't work so wasn't buckled up, and was thrown from the vehicle about 80 yrds.
The first group of responders were a group of four drunk guys that ended up taking my wallet (while laying there dying, going in/out of conciousness) & then proceeded to go over and start taking everything that went flying out of my jeep; pistol, tools, off road equipment etc, even trying to get my winch off .
Two girls (angels in my eyes) came by some time later, saw what was happening and ran them off while calling cops and ambulance etc. I was airlifted to hospital, coded out and revived in emergency surgery. Ended up breaking my back in two places, my left shoulder, collarbone, several ribs on left side, hip, pelvis, both bones in upper and lower left leg, left ankle and ten bones in my foot. When I woke up I was more or less paralyzed from my waist down due to my bones, back and some spinal cord damage. Seven months later, surgeries, a lot of metal and screws, extensive rehab and a whole lot of prayer I was able to walk and am fully functional again. I was never close to Him until then, lived a very reckless lifestyle and fully believe he gave me a second chance. Had I not prayed and made a commitment to Him to change I fully believe I would be in a wheelchair still to this day. I thank him everyday for the opportunity to be able to walk, run, hunt and be able to live everyday life unassisted. To say he answered my prayers is an understatement and know its only through his Grace that I am able to do so. He is the Almighty and is always watching and answers prayer, whether it happens the way you want it to play out or not, its all in his plan. Sorry for the long read and thank you the reminder sir
woodsbound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 11:33 AM   #11
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

I received these blessings
Attached Images

flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 01:00 PM   #12
txdukklr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Victoria

oh man I can't give Him enough glory. My praise in all respects is insufficient.

God is so good . . . .
txdukklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 01:12 PM   #13
JP135
Ten Point

Too many times to ever try to keep tabs.

I figure He's forgiven me for everything I've done and I probably shouldn't worry about keeping a running tally on what He's done for me. His grace is sufficient for me.
JP135 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 01:24 PM   #14
Leemo
Ten Point

God answers the prayers He feels are appropriate for His Will
Too many to count
Leemo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 01:45 PM   #15
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

The list is long and the blessing bountiful. But just last weekend I was with a friend and we had a broken piece of equipment compounded with a flat tire and no tool (rented truck) to get the spare off. As I walked the 3/4 mile back to camp in the dark I talked to God and asked Him to provide us with an option because it felt like we were in a pretty tough spot. Just so happened that once back at camp we found a tool that would work to get the spare off the rented truck. Once that was done we got the broken lease vehicle back to camp about 230am and got some sleep. What looked like being stuck between a rock an a hard place suddenly had an easy solution because the Holy Spirit directed us to the right spot.

It's trusting God in the daily needs and decisions that allow us to confidently seek Him and trust Him in our greatest needs as well.
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #16
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

I've had to many to list. Even when I refused to acknowledge His being as a teen and young adult out of selfishness, but still knew He existed, He answered my prayers when I called out to Him in hours of darkness. He has always looked after me, many times without my knowing in the past. Now, the more He answers my prayers both great and small (to me), the more humbling life becomes. I see His works all the time now. And can not give enough Thanks unto Him for all that He dose. God is Great, God is Good, God is big enough!
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 02:06 PM   #17
Bowshark
Ten Point

To many to list ever day
Bowshark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 02:06 PM   #18
BLACKFINTURKEY
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion,Texas

Every thing from my wife to a good job heck even prayed last time we were fishing and not only did we catch a few we caught limits and had to throw some back! My wife and I put God first in our relationship and it's been very good for us, been together 8 years married 9 months and can't recall even 1 argument we've ever had.
BLACKFINTURKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #19
Rich1201
Four Point

Hunt In: LBJ Grasslands, Lamar county

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
I was not born a Christian. In fact, while growing up, I used to be annoyed of anything that was related to Jesus. I hated Christian music and really couldn't stand it. Now I feel obligated to give my testimony lol sorry for the long read but here it goes.

I went through a weird phase when I was younger where I was a tad bit obsessed with aliens. I did a ton of research on the topic because it really sparked my interest. I listened to all these podcasts of conspiracy theories on the subject and watched numerous documentaries. One day, I watched this movie on Netflix called, "The Encounter" thinking it was a movie about aliens. Ten to fifteen minutes into the movie, I noticed that it was about Jesus and I instantly got annoyed. For whatever reason, I watched and finished the movie and by the end of the movie, I cried my eyes out. It was the weirdest thing. I said out loud that I'll give Jesus and chance to show himself to me and I swear, the light shining into my room became incredibly bright (not to the point where it blinded me) and I felt this strange presence - its hard to explain but it felt like I was loved.

Few days later, I forget about this whole ordeal. I was riding my motorcycle to work and in California, it's legal to lane split (riding between cars) so I always make my way between cars to the front of the stop light and I ALWAYS split lanes to the front but whatever reason, I decided to stay behind the last car. This car had a giant bumper sticker that read, "Jesus Loves You!" It reminded me of me asking him to prove himself to me so I kind of laughed it off and proceeded when the light turned green. This is the weird part. There was a white car to my right and I SWEAR ON MY LIFE, a voice said, "Watch out for this car" and as soon as I heard it, this vehicle, without checking his blind spot swerved into my lane and I was able to avoid it. I won't get into details but I'll describe the last "test" that finally got me to give my life to Jesus.

While in college, I worked for a law firm. Every year, the employees gets to spin this giant wheel (kind of like wheel of fortune) and each space has a dollar amount from 10 to 500 dollars. When it was my turn, I said, "okay Jesus, what the heck. If you are real, let me win 500 bucks" so I went up to spin, didn't even look at the wheel. I spun it, looked away and everyone erupted with cheers. I looked up and what do you know, I just won 500 bucks! I started attending various churches til I found my home church and got baptized 3 years ago. I haven't looked back since. I pray daily - not to ask for things but to give my thanks for saving me and for him to work his way into my friends' and family's hearts so he may do for them what he's done for me. I can't deny it. Since then, if I ever needed anything, I pray and they ALL get answered. God is awesome

Sorry for the long read.
Great story, thanks for sharing!
Rich1201 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 02:25 PM   #20
sharkhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking for a place

God has answered more prayers for me then I'm worthy of. God has been with me in my darkest hours and walked me through them. I know this might not sit well with some but I have never prayed for outright favor but more for help along the way. God has met me more then halfway many many times. I know nothing is possible without him but always plan to do all I can do then turn the rest over to him.

I was set on making the biggest mistake of my life a few years back. I thought all was lost and I was not thinking straight. God directly intervened with the one thing on this earth that would stop me. I knew right then he had bigger plans for me and there was hope.

Last edited by sharkhunter; 05-26-2017 at 02:37 PM.
sharkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #21
Tmag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Depends on the TPWD draw results!

Mark 11:24 - Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

As others have stated, the list is long and I thank Him for every answer.
A few of the greatest ones He has answered for me personally:

- Repairing my Dad's broken and crushed shoulder and clavicle during the night before he was to go into surgery the next morning, the Dr was baffled.

- Causing a tumor in the back of my daughters head up next to the brain stem to almost pop out when the Dr cut her open to begin the tedious 6 hour surgery to remove it, he was finished in 1 hour 15 minutes.

- Reviving my Mom when she went code blue in the hospital.

- And finally, there's Dan. I am witness to how God can take a bad hombre and change him into a child of the Most High God.
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=prayer
Tmag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #22
Stick-Launcher
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterlo70 View Post

Sorry for the long read.
Thanks for sharing and that is awesome!!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:51 PM   #23
Stick-Launcher
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsbound View Post
Long story, but feel obligated to give testimony too. On 09/03/14 I had a blowout in my lifted Jeep going about 85 mph on my way to work on a small country road. It was midweek around 4 AM so not much traffic at all. The jeep flipped multiple times, seatbelt didn't work so wasn't buckled up, and was thrown from the vehicle about 80 yrds.
The first group of responders were a group of four drunk guys that ended up taking my wallet (while laying there dying, going in/out of conciousness) & then proceeded to go over and start taking everything that went flying out of my jeep; pistol, tools, off road equipment etc, even trying to get my winch off .
Two girls (angels in my eyes) came by some time later, saw what was happening and ran them off while calling cops and ambulance etc. I was airlifted to hospital, coded out and revived in emergency surgery. Ended up breaking my back in two places, my left shoulder, collarbone, several ribs on left side, hip, pelvis, both bones in upper and lower left leg, left ankle and ten bones in my foot. When I woke up I was more or less paralyzed from my waist down due to my bones, back and some spinal cord damage. Seven months later, surgeries, a lot of metal and screws, extensive rehab and a whole lot of prayer I was able to walk and am fully functional again. I was never close to Him until then, lived a very reckless lifestyle and fully believe he gave me a second chance. Had I not prayed and made a commitment to Him to change I fully believe I would be in a wheelchair still to this day. I thank him everyday for the opportunity to be able to walk, run, hunt and be able to live everyday life unassisted. To say he answered my prayers is an understatement and know its only through his Grace that I am able to do so. He is the Almighty and is always watching and answers prayer, whether it happens the way you want it to play out or not, its all in his plan. Sorry for the long read and thank you the reminder sir
I'm glad you are good! What an answered prayer!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:55 PM   #24
Stick-Launcher
Eight Point

I appreciate all of you for sharing. It is so very good to be reminded of how big our God is!!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:58 PM   #25
Hunterlo70
Six Point

Love reading all these testimonies. Our God is great! I am thankful for His guidance, forgiveness, His grace and all the wonderful things he's blessed me with even though I know I do not deserve them.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:03 AM   #26
diamonde40
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harwood, Texas

My daughter was diagnosed with a cancer brain tumor when she was 6 six years old. After brain surgery to remove 60% of the tumor and 2 rounds of chemo which didn't stop the tumor from growing then 6 weeks of radiation to finally stop the tumor from growing, she is still with us today. She is 22 years old with many handicaps but she is the most loving and grateful person to still be alive today. I would love to say that she is not only a miracle from answered prayers, but our Angel on Earth.
diamonde40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #27
fbchunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Thompsons

Wonderful God loving wife, two healthy children. Relief from anxiety and worry, freedom and forgiveness. All through Jesus Christ!
fbchunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #28
Erin
Eight Point

Hunt In: Crockett Cty

This week we've had 3 big ones:
Our son's tube came out and we were able to cancel surgery.

My uncle's dad came off a heart pump and ventilator after major heart surgery the week before and is on the mend. They were starting to think he would not survive or come off the machines!

My cousin has a blood clot condition and during a physical the dr believed his lung was full of them again. When he did further testing all was good.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #29
HDJ
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas

X2 on too many to list daily. Extremely blessed.
HDJ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2017, 07:49 PM   #30
El Forajido
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any Tree stand in Texas ✭

Changed my life around many years ago for the better. Gave me a wonderful wife that puts up with me and two beautiful kiddos. I ain't worthy of His grace, but the Good Lord forgives and loves unconditionaly. He is my Father!
El Forajido is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2017, 08:42 PM   #31
geauxgruene
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Atascosa Co

Just yesterday in the office, tense meeting called by a coworker who feels threatened by me. Tried to elevate his status at the expense of mine. Simply prayed before the meeting that God would give me words to speak. All worked out in the end as a win/win with each of the action items I offered being accepted. Chief of Sinners Though I Be....
geauxgruene is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2017, 10:49 PM   #32
Texasredneck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Like most mine was a wonderful family.
Short story, after waiting 10 years, two days after Christmas I received a Kindey Transplant.
And here I am 7 months later and doc says everything is going good and I am getting better everday. In His time all things will happen, all we have to do is trust in Him.
Texasredneck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2017, 10:06 AM   #33
Stick-Launcher
Eight Point

How blessed am I! Thank Ya'll for sharing...
Old 05-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #34
splitfinger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Behind the House

God has answered more for me than I could ever begin to say. Just 2 1/2 weeks ago I fell about 12 feet while taking down a game tamer stand, hit limbs on the way down and split both lips, which required 66 stiches. This alone could have been so much worse. I was wounded in Viet Nam, which could have been fatal, car wrecks, farm accidents, etc. Hindsight being 20/20, I realize so much that God has done for me and I thank him every day for his keeping. He didn't let me die through all of the accidents in life and with the many scars I bear is a constant reminder that even though we suffer at times, God will remain our strength.
splitfinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top