No announcement yet.

Need a New Ford Dealership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought my last one from Sour Lake Ford. Doug the sales manager will take great care of you. My business partner lives in Tyler area and they drove his new truck to him and took the trade in. He didn’t even have to make the drive to Sour Lake.

Comment

Russell and Smith Ford.....I know Jordan Smith and he and his family are as good a people as you will find. I’d be happy to put you in touch with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of gold in this thread. Only thing of Substance I can add is I bought my Duramax from covert in Bastrop and as has been mentioned they are great folks. Easily least pressure in a car purchase for me.

Comment

Do you know the owners of the dealership personally and are you sure they know exactly what business you are in? I don’t know them at all but I know how the dealership business works ( my family has been doing it since 1971) and most of the time the sales team and the business management team don’t converse that much.

That being said, loyalty to a vehicle dealership is in my opinion asinine. They are selling a product. They all sell the same product. I ply them all against each other for the lowest price because none of them offer you anything that every other one doesn’t offer.

It takes 5 minutes to type up an email outlining exactly what you want. Send it to 20 different dealership’s internet sales managers and ‘cc all of them on the same email. It will be like sharks circling a bleeding seal.

All of that aside, Vernon is typically the best cheapest place to buy a Ford. Every dealership has to service them no matter where they were bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Henson in Madisoville. Great folks there.
            X2 on Henson. Call and ask for Michael Crocker he will get you fixed up I’ve known him for years.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              Do you know the owners of the dealership personally and are you sure they know exactly what business you are in? I don’t know them at all but I know how the dealership business works ( my family has been doing it since 1971) and most of the time the sales team and the business management team don’t converse that much.

That being said, loyalty to a vehicle dealership is in my opinion asinine. They are selling a product. They all sell the same product. I ply them all against each other for the lowest price because none of them offer you anything that every other one doesn’t offer.

It takes 5 minutes to type up an email outlining exactly what you want. Send it to 20 different dealership’s internet sales managers and ‘cc all of them on the same email. It will be like sharks circling a bleeding seal.

All of that aside, Vernon is typically the best cheapest place to buy a Ford. Every dealership has to service them no matter where they were bought.

Yes. I know the owner personally. Have dealt with him personally on many occasions. He knows exactly what I do.

You're right about the ease of shopping, I just choose not to. I like doing business that way...on relationships. It just wasn't reciprocated in this case.

Comment

Maybe the crew that got the work buys 9 pickups a year. Or, maybe he just doesn't like you as much as you thought he did.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  Maybe the crew that got the work buys 9 pickups a year. Or, maybe he just doesn't like you as much as you thought he did.
                  Kinda what I’m thinking!

Comment

Gullo has a great fleet service. Lots of folks I know locally who buy them enjoy their process and the fleet rep, Thad Mentzer.

Family business. Father and sons. Great reputation in the community as well.

If I drove a ford, I’d buy from these guys. That being said, Wiesner has put such a bad taste in my mouth on my Sierra that I may never buy a GM product again and trade in at Gullo.
                    Last edited by HoustonHunter; 04-25-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

That's one way to do it...but I think that's asinine.

I email one guy, He emails me a price and I come get the truck. I check him against others about every 4th purchase and he's always within reason. I don't care if he's the cheapest, he has the best service dept BY FAR I've ever walked in, he's honest, he has good people around him and I know if something were to go bad wrong, that he has my back, and the stroke to make things happen. I also know he's gonna be there next time I need a vehicle.

I've found that loyalty means very little to those that don't have it, and means the world to those that do.

Comment

Bill Fick in Huntsville.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post

Then it's time to find a new dealership, hence the thread.

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                          Kinda what I’m thinking!

You boys didn't read the whole story did ya?

Comment

We buy all our fleet trucks from Lade Ford in Frankston. Its about as good ole’ boy as it gets. Family owned (Dad and two sons). You won’t find any slicked up, muscled up, slick hair sales guy there. Just some good ole’ boys in jeans and a shirt making good deals. Good ways from you, but they can be serviced at any Ford house. Tell them Logan from FNS sent ya.

And for the record, Tyler Ford is a 10 minute drive and local. We won’t blink an eye at them. We drive out of our way to see Lade.
                            Last edited by Sleepy; 04-25-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K5WTC View Post
                              Bruce Ray is the fleet mgrs at southwest Ford in Weatherford. Great price and easy to deal with. They have fleet customers all over the southwest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I had a completely different experience from southwest on their public sales side... after an hour of bs at my last attempt to ask the price of the vehicle I was told they needed to run my credit first.... I live close to there but will never go there again

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
                                Covert Ford in Austin. Family owned and operated. Good people, they sell and deliver all over the state.

I bought from them, great people and price.

Comment

Working...
                                X