Bee attractant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bee attractant

Is there some sort or spray or lure I can use to attract bees to my tomato plants? It always seems I get lots of flowers on the plants but they never get pollinated because there are never bees around.

Thanks

If, no bees around, you can do it yourself with a small soft artists paint brush. Just gently rub it on the blooms and go from one bloom to the next.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
      If, no bees around, you can do it yourself with a small soft artists paint brush. Just gently rub it on the blooms and go from one bloom to the next.
      I tried that last fall, didn’t work.

Comment

Marigolds!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
          Marigolds!
          Good to have marigolds in the garden.

Comment

Not any kind of authority on any of the parts to your problem but I've read that bumble bees are the best pollinators for tomatoes due to some kind of vibration they produce when gathering pollen and nectar. Plant a cluster of sunflowers at each corner of your garden, they'll attract multiple species of pollinators, that way anything in bloom will get a visit.

Comment

Honey

Comment

Yes, some of these powder deer or hog baits

Comment

Pour some honey on a jar lid and set on top of a bucket

Comment

Lemon grass oil . Just a touch in the area

Comment

Originally posted by mdeaso View Post
                      Honey

in middle school many moons ago someone busted a honey jar on the wall right outside the window of my classroom. There were a million bees covering all the honey the next day

Comment

Just break a small leaved branch from one of your plants and dust the blooms with it moving from bloom cluster to cluster and plant to plant. Works MUCH better than a brush. The brush doesn't pick up pollen very well, but the "fuzz" on the tomato leaves works almost as good as the bees.

Comment

cut up some fresh sweet fruits and lay them in your garden.

Comment

MY plants will be in cages and I just whack the cage with a stick a few times each day. The vibration causes the pollen to float around to other flowers. Also, your plants may not have set fruit due to high temps---has to get below 70 or so at night to do so.

Comment

Dr pepper or root beer

Comment

Working...
                              X