Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
txdukklr
Pope & Young
 
txdukklr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sugarland
Hunt In: Victoria
Default I'm glad to see prison is as hard as its supposed to be

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/pr...200012314.html
txdukklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 05:21 PM   #2
8pointer
Pope & Young
 
8pointer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: Schleicher county
Default

"His death stunned his family and attorneys"......

Life in prison vs end it now? I guess I'm in the "not surprised one bit" group. It does sicken me how the media is starting to twist this around like he is somehow a victim. We live in a society where murderers are sympathized with. Smh
8pointer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 05:24 PM   #3
Mossback
Ten Point
 
Mossback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Comal county
Default I'm glad to see prison is as hard as its supposed to be

Do the crime, do the time......I'm glad taxpayers aren't footing the bill anymore for his sorry ***.
Mossback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 05:39 PM   #4
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Good read!
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossback View Post
Do the crime, do the time......I'm glad taxpayers aren't footing the bill anymore for his sorry ***.
Yep. No sympathy from me. Had it all and threw it all away.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 06:57 PM   #6
Roy Munson
Six Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pointer View Post
"His death stunned his family and attorneys"......

Life in prison vs end it now? I guess I'm in the "not surprised one bit" group. It does sicken me how the media is starting to twist this around like he is somehow a victim. We live in a society where murderers are sympathized with. Smh

You thought that was sympathetic? Did you read the whole thing? That was a complete assassination of Hernandez as a person. Very negative article and exposed the fact that he was a semi-retarded sociopath. That he is completely unable to function in either free or prison society. That article was written to show what a complete loser he was. You think the fact that his family and lawyer were stunned by the suicide is the media making him a victim? I agree that it's a stupid statement because every family is stunned when a member of it takes their own life but it's not making him a victim.

Because of the suicide while his first appeal was pending, his estate gets full pension. I'm thinking this was well planned.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #7
catslayer
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default

That's the most honest best written article I've seen on yahoo

That writer wants to be SURE no kid sees hernandez and thinks he is a hero
catslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 07:20 PM   #8
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Hunt In: my birthday suit
Default

Certainly, no lost sleep here.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #9
Roy Munson
Six Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catslayer View Post
That's the most honest best written article I've seen on yahoo

That writer wants to be SURE no kid sees hernandez and thinks he is a hero
100% correct. That was exactly the point of the article. It certainly wasn't to twist the situation around and get him sympathy.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 07:30 PM   #10
d1rich1
Ten Point
 
d1rich1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Was Midland- Now Charlotte NC
Default

What a living hell compared to what he used to have.
d1rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #11
Hart8
Pope & Young
 
Hart8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waxahachie,Tx
Hunt In: concho co. tx
Default

Good article.Well written.Glad he was getting what he deserved,and ultimately;got what he deserved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 07:36 PM   #12
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Probably got tired of all the sausages.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #13
Roy Munson
Six Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Probably got tired of all the sausages.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha! I read that he was definitely getting plenty of link sausage. One of his suicide notes was to his prison boyfriend.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2017, 08:08 PM   #14
Whosure
Six Point
 
Whosure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Moutain Home area for deer, CC and Port A for ducks
Default

His sentence should be upheld and his estate should be treated like every other person serving life in prison. It is unfortunate he had the world in his hand and chose the thug life instead but he made the choice and suffered the consequence for his decision as he should have.
Whosure is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 07:09 AM   #15
DJM
Pope & Young
 
DJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner TX
Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co
Default

No sympathy for any entertainer that makes more money than any 10 of us put together,and throws it away over dumb stuff.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #16
JP135
Ten Point
 
JP135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Fannin County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Had it all and threw it all away.
In the end, this is what remains.
JP135 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 07:34 AM   #17
CEO
Ten Point
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

Now I want a honey bun...
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 07:42 AM   #18
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
Now I want a honey bun...
So did his cell mate, every night
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 07:45 AM   #19
tward1604
Eight Point
 
tward1604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Hunt In: wherever I can
Default

dude had it made. Literally all he had to do was not murder people.
tward1604 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 08:12 AM   #20
COACH_EM_UP
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

It was a good read, but I am not in the business of speaking negatively of the dead.

He did crime, did the time, and ultimately paid for his mistakes with his life. I highly doubt it, but maybe, just maybe, he made peace with the Lord. I will leave it at that.
COACH_EM_UP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 09:08 AM   #21
Hank Hill
Eight Point
 
Hank Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdukklr View Post
Not denying that prison sucks, but I think the lifestyle adjustment is probably a little more drastic for a famous millionaire than your typical street felon.
Hank Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 12:14 PM   #22
pilar
Ten Point
 
pilar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
You thought that was sympathetic? Did you read the whole thing? That was a complete assassination of Hernandez as a person. Very negative article and exposed the fact that he was a semi-retarded sociopath. That he is completely unable to function in either free or prison society. That article was written to show what a complete loser he was. You think the fact that his family and lawyer were stunned by the suicide is the media making him a victim? I agree that it's a stupid statement because every family is stunned when a member of it takes their own life but it's not making him a victim.

Because of the suicide while his first appeal was pending, his estate gets full pension. I'm thinking this was well planned.
I disagree, my take on the article the author didn't paint your perspective at all did you read it through 100%
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 12:15 PM   #23
J Sweet
Pope & Young
 
J Sweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
It was a good read, but I am not in the business of speaking negatively of the dead.

He did crime, did the time, and ultimately paid for his mistakes with his life. I highly doubt it, but maybe, just maybe, he made peace with the Lord. I will leave it at that.

Not arguing with you in general, but he definitely did not do the time.
J Sweet is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 12:26 PM   #24
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward1604 View Post
dude had it made. Literally all he had to do was not murder people.
Amazing isn't it. I bet he relived the moment he decided to pull that trigger a million times over in his head while sitting in prison.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #25
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

hell yeah good!!!!

Guess it was too tough for him haha
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #26
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Aaron who?
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #27
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Lmao!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2017, 01:15 PM   #28
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
So did his cell mate, every night
You ain't right
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com