Want to try traditional....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to try traditional....

Where would be the best place to get set up with a takedown Recurve?
    I'm in Grayson co and want a decent LH bow. My draw is 31" and I'd like to stay around 40-45, maybe 50#s. I plan on whacking deer and hogs.
    I have a couple of old bows but haven't shot them in years. I might should set them back up to start with. But..... I need a shop that has all the stuff I'll need.

Been compound hunting the past 20+ years. Have a press and work on my own compounds. Also build my own arrows.
    I still need info/advice on arrows and how to set up.

Any advice appreciated......
    Derek.

CCR has some stuff but limited. They do have a couple of guys there that shoot trad and were helpful to me starting out.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Just about an hour due east of you is a place called the Broadhead Barn, in Paris.

See Charles Jones. They can help you out with Trad gear, and get you fixed up.

Rick

Comment

I've been to CCR but wasn't looking for traditional gear so didn't notice.

Paris is about the same distance so I'll probably visit both.

Thanks for the info....

Chances of finding a used LH bow prob slim..... ????

Comment

There is a bowyer in Muenster Tx that makes longbows and maybe still some recurves. You could go by and shoot some of his stuff.
          Predator Longbows by Robert Lutkenhaus. They are very nice and not cheap but he keeps some bows in his shop. Good guy too.
          A good trad shop would also be a great spot to shoot some different bows. LH are hard to find though, a custom might be the way to go.

Comment

Working...
          X