Clear All

Gvine

Originally posted by caseys95m3 View Post
    Finally drawn after 4 years!
    Yay me too! Can't wait

Comment

I got drawn

Comment

FYI...139 numbers drawn for 250 permits. Yep.

Comment

Yeah the old send your buddy system works out very well. Figured that out after 3 yrs now. 1 permit per application is how this needs to be run. Total b.s. if u ask me.

Comment

Bummer, missed the cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
              FYI...139 numbers drawn for 250 permits. Yep.
              THIS is absolute BS!

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                Yeah the old send your buddy system works out very well. Figured that out after 3 yrs now. 1 permit per application is how this needs to be run. Total b.s. if u ask me.

Not to stir the pot, but I'd have to disagree. My brother and I enjoy hunting together so we put in on the same application and hunt together if we get drawn.

139 numbers drawn for 250 tags....I'm not great at math but that is less than 2 people per application on average. I hunt out west every year and all draws out there allow multiple applicants unless it's a small number of tags or other variable. TPWD is that way too.

I don't have any problem with multiple people per application, maybe cap it off at 2 or 3 to be fair, but just my opinion...

Comment

I agree with txfrog. I don't see a problem with it. This year the average app had less than 2 people on it. They have other problems that need to be addressed well before they start trying to limit 1 person per app.

Comment

You're not stirring the pot. It's an open discussion between adults. I don't fully disagree with the multiple people on the same entry. TPWD does it. It is what it is. I just like to look at the number of entries drawn every year, and it's always 150 or less.

They told me I had a 1 in 2 chance of getting drawn when I filled out my entry. That's just flat out wrong. If you only draw 139 numbers, the odds just dropped to about 1 in 4. That's just one of my issues with this drawing.

The bigger issue I have is that they claim it's being run in a draw of the hat system. Why? Why not get with the times and institute some preference point system or on/off years...if you get drawn this year, you sit out of the draw the next year. You have guys that have been drawn 4, 5 or more times and some that have never been drawn. Spread the resource out a little more fairly for everyone. It's 2017 for God's sake. Consult with TPWD and get with the times and go to a computer draw.

It's just not that hard.

And if you shoot a 190" deer, don't come back ever again. You know who you are. Both of you.

Comment

You're not stirring the pot. It's an open discussion between adults. I don't fully disagree with the multiple people on the same entry. TPWD does it. It is what it is. I just like to look at the number of entries drawn every year, and it's always 150 or less.

They told me I had a 1 in 2 chance of getting drawn when I filled out my entry. That's just flat out wrong. If you only draw 139 numbers, the odds just dropped to about 1 in 4. That's just one of my issues with this drawing.

The bigger issue I have is that they claim it's being run in a draw of the hat system. Why? Why not get with the times and institute some preference point system or on/off years...if you get drawn this year, you sit out of the draw the next year. You have guys that have been drawn 4, 5 or more times and some that have never been drawn. Spread the resource out a little more fairly for everyone. It's 2017 for God's sake. Consult with TPWD and get with the times and go to a computer draw.

It's just not that hard.

And if you shoot a 190" deer, don't come back ever again. You know who you are. Both of you.

Fair points Larry...

However I cringe at preference point systems and how that ends up. Look at Utah, Arizona, Colorado etc...some units take 20+ years to draw. You see it with TPWD draws as well. I'm not a fan of it personally and I don't know any western hunter that is. Obviously Texas is a different story with a small amount of public land though.

Part of the reason I hunt Idaho out west every year is because there isn't a preference point system and I can hunt every year on over the counter hunts - anyone on this forum could go do it. Granted, Idaho is managed for opportunity, not trophies like some states. Similar to Grapevine, if you're willing to put in the work, there are great trophy quality animals out there.

Comment

2nd year not drawn. Will be pig hunting this year. Let me know if any of you would like to meet up sometime and get on some hogs.

Comment

I think I'll just squirrel hunt this year...during prime deer hunting times of course

Comment

well well well looks I got the golden ticket this year

Comment

It's just not that hard.

Who are these 190 class hunters you speak of ???? we wanna know ???

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                                Who are these 190 class hunters you speak of ???? we wanna know ???

One is you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X