Jon Boat Build (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon Boat Build (pic heavy)

Bought this jon boat a couple of months ago and have only been able to work on it little bits here and there. Still have a way to go, but I now have enough pics to show some progress.

Here it is when I got it back to the house for the first time:

Already pulled everything out and starting from the ground up:

Looks good. Is that a 1542 model?

Comment

Body work done, sanded and painted, and new wiring, flooring, carpet, rear supports for back seating/storage:

Comment

I don't know why but I love boat builds. I've built/re-built several myself and really seem to enjoy myself when doing so and so far all have been profitable in one way or another. Looking good keep us updated with pics.

HG

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
          Looks good. Is that a 1542 model?
          Not too sure, will have to look at the #'s again.

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot about the lights. The LED light strips on the outside of the boat under the rail are really nice and bright:

Comment

Turned out real nice.
              Need a shooting partner to test it out?? haha
              I'm looking to do the same thing once I make some room in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by LEGION View Post
                Oh yeah, forgot about the lights. The LED light strips on the outside of the boat under the rail are really nice and bright:

Those LED's are nice. How much and where from?

Comment

Funny story about those LEDs. Saw some on Craigslist, few different colors and could get them in a few different lengths, pre made already. Ad said that they could do custom lengths too. So I emailed them for a price on a set of 16' lights and they came back with almost $120 for them. So I started looking around and found these on amazon for less than $8 a piece. So I scored big by checking around. These are 16' long but they can be cut down every couple of feet if you want something shorter. I also bought a single 16' green strip that I'm going to use for the inside of the boat, just haven't set it up yet.

Comment

You've gotta be right around the corner. I've got the decoys. Just give me a call. Lol.

Comment

Nice job man

Comment

Working...
                      X