No announcement yet.

1972 Gibson’s Gun sale ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are right. Gibson's was the coolest store ever.
    thanks for the post!
    I also bought my Remington 1100 and 742 from Gibson's in 1971. I still have those two guns to this day. they have provided a lifetime of reliable service.

Comment

Remember the one in Amarillo like it was yesterday.

Comment

[QUOTE=SwampRanger;

Ad from Burnadells year of birth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Someone is trying to deflect the year this ad came out!

Comment

Love Gibson’s. Still go in there whenever I can.

Comment

Bought my first gun from Gibson’s in Dickinson in 77. Vented rib 1100, used the lay away program. Going to gift this gun to my oldest grandson in a few years.

Comment

I used to shop at their store in Athens a lot back in the day.

I believe they closed it not to long after Wal Mart came to town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I stop in the one in Kerrville as much as I can on the way to the lease.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Worked at the Killeen Gibson's when I was in high school.

Comment

The first gun I bought myself was a marlin .22 from Gibsons here in Mesquite. Also bought a Cam and a dual point distributer for my 68 Chevy pickup when I built the engine in the mid 70's.
                    My dad bought his mod 700 in .243 from them in 68. I still have it. Going to a grandson for Christmas this year.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                      Is Gibsons even in business now? None around here
                      Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                      The one in Kerrville is still in business, I try to stop by there when I’m in town.
                      The only stores left in Texas are in Kerrville and Weatherford, I believe, but they are now, and have been for a long time, independently owned and operated. The original Gibson's Discount Store chain went bankrupt and no longer exists.

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post

Ad from Burnadells year of birth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I saw that!

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      You gonna rile him up
                      Naw! It takes a lot to rile me these days! I have mellowed.

Originally posted by Peta-hata View Post
                      My first deer rifle was a Marlin 30 30 from Gibson’s. Love those old Remington’s.
                      I think that picture of the Marlin in the ad is actually a Winchester. I bought my first deer rifle at Gibson's in 1972, the same year as that ad. I think I got it on sale for less than $100. Mossberg .308.

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
                      I know the Gibson family. Dang fine people!

I know Richard, Herbert's son. He lives in Longview and has 3-4 Drug Emporium stores across Texas. Good guy.

Comment

Bought that Mossberg shotty from them at 16 yrs of age back in 1979

Comment

Rode my bike to the Temple Gibson’s and purchased my first shotgun. It was Ithaca ultra light. Took me 6 weeks cutting grass to save the $$. Killed so many doves that fall with that gun. Made every blade of grass worth it. Traded that gun for another. Gibson’s was a wonderland for a kid that wanted to be in the outdoors. When I was about 12 bought a Bear minuteman takedown recurve there. Killed a deer with that bow at Ft.Hood a few years later. Remember Woolco? It was good also. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I find powder, brass, and guns there that are usually difficult to find online...I bought a tikka T3x 6.5 a few days ago for $450 from them.

Comment

First gun I ever bought was a Ruger 10-22 from the Gibson's in Clute in 1976. IIRC, it was about $80 and I had to put it on layaway. It had the "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty" rollmark on the barrel.....

Stu

Comment

In 1971 I bought my little brother an 870 12ga for Xmas. Paid $69.95 on sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X