Golden retrievers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden retrievers

My son wants a golden retriever ,what’s the going price for a pet quality pup?we’ve had Dogue de Bordeaux’s for the last 20 years and are on the waiting list for another ,but my son wants a golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful with "pet quality" being defined by the breeder. I'd meet with several and go with the breeder that seems most reputable with proven dogs. We have 2 Goldens and love the breed, but it took us a while to find the right one.

Comment

I agree we did the same with our Dogue de Bordeaux’s as far as breeders, too many puppy mills and backyard breeders, looking for breeder and price points so I’ll know what the range is for show vs pet pup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We paid $1200 for out golden last year.

Comment

adoption, shelter dogs are great!!

Comment

We bought ours from Tracey Garner in Edom. She only breeds goldens. Wouldn't trade ours. $1300 bout 3 years ago. I know a few pups from her and all have turned out great dogs.

Comment

Tracey Garner (Heartlight Golden Retrievers) Contact Info?

Hi my name is Blake, I'm a veteran and we recently had to put down our 13yr old golden not too long ago and it was one of the hardest things we've had to do! We received her as a wedding gift and when I started going through her records I found it was Tracey who was the breeder but all the contact info no longer works. Would anyone happen to have any up to date contact info? It would mean everything to the family if we could connect with her again! I have been doing searches online trying to contact her and have not received any responses to my leads. Thanks for anyone's help.

Blake

Comment

They are good dogs but get their feelings hurt easy. Not a good dog for me. Had one for 16 years. Great family dogs

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  They are good dogs but get their feelings hurt easy. Not a good dog for me. Had one for 16 years. Great family dogs
                  Wide brush you're painting with.... 😉

I've had 6, so far, and the males were anything BUT sensitive. 2 of them were as good in the field (on ANY type of bird) as any breed I've hunted behind. One of them would block a covey and honor a point.
                  Last edited by Slicefixer; 05-22-2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

We lost our dog ( pointer) to cancer at 10. And asked the vet if some dogs are more prone to things then other breeds. As we were thinking of a golden retriever, or another lab, or another pointer. He told us that 99% of Goldens will die of cancer at an earlier age. He said it was the worst breed as far as living a longer life. Not sure if that was true, but we went with a pointer.

Comment

Slicefixer- My golden was as good as my labs and spaniels. Only difference from ones I’ve seen is it takes an easier hand. I had to readjust myself for my golden. It ain’t like a blockhead lab. I had to learn new discipline with my golden and it had to be minimal. My last lab took a 2X4 for correction or the long prongs on the collar and a slow finger getting off. Sometimes he would try pushing through the juice. My golden never took more than the smallest nick I could do.

Good dogs and I’ve been around a few all hunting dogs. They just require a softer touch in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X