SanAntonio to DelRio hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SanAntonio to DelRio hotels

What hotels are decent between San Antonio and Del Rio? Just need somewhere safe and clean for one night. Also any recommendations for a cant miss meal down that way? I have never been west of SA.

Thanks, Jason

Uvalde isn't bad, I live there. There is several good hotels there, as well as a few decent places to eat. Lunkers is a good place for a steak and cold beer, the Oasis has salad bar buffet as well as ribs or fish Fri and Sat.

Comment

any of the small to medium towns will have decent hotels, you can generally tell how clean the place is by looking at the overall property. SA to DR is a pretty wide area to do a search in

Comment

I'd second Uvalde as your best bet. Several options for hotels and food.

Comment

Take a 20 mile detour and stay at Neil’s Lodge in Concan. Good restaurant and beautiful scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where exactly are you going? They are only about 2.5 hours apart. Really no need to have to stop

Comment

There is actually a cool hotel in Rocksprings called the Historic Rocksprings Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Where exactly are you going? They are only about 2.5 hours apart. Really no need to have to stop
                My exact thoughts.

Best places to eat: Bill and Rosa’s in D’hanis & Oasis in Uvalde

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                  My exact thoughts.

Best places to eat: Bill and Rosa’s in D’hanis & Oasis in Uvalde
                  I love Bill and Rosas. cheesy chicken fried steak covers the whole plate.

Comment

Like others have said, Uvalde is the biggest town and about 1 hour out of Del Rio. Hondo is before Uvalde and about the second "town" west of SA...
                    Other thing is, It's about 1 hour to Uvalde and another hour to Del Rio, depending on where in Del Rio you will be going, so unless you just want to stop for the night before you get to Del Rio, there's really no need. Good Highway... it's 4 lanes to Uvalde and 2 lanes with passing lanes from Uvalde to Del Rio. Plenty of chain hotels in Hondo and Uvalde to pick from... Good breakfast place in Uvalde is The Townhouse right in the middle of town...

Comment

Looks like he is coming form Tyler, noted location, and traveling through SA and Del Rio and looking to stay the night somewhere between there. I would imagine his final destination would be beyond Del Rio, just looking for over night stop somewhere along the way.
                      But who knows.... maybe he is walking or traveling by bicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce16 View Post
                        Looks like he is coming form Tyler, noted location, and traveling through SA and Del Rio and looking to stay the night somewhere between there. I would imagine his final destination would be beyond Del Rio, just looking for over night stop somewhere along the way.
                        But who knows.... maybe he is walking or traveling by bicycle.

Bingo! Just looking to stop somewhere in that area for a night.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
                          I love Bill and Rosas. cheesy chicken fried steak covers the whole plate.
                          If you’re lucky it stays on the plate, half the time it’s so big it hangs off the side haha

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                            Gotcha, like said multiple times above, several bigger chain hotels in Uvalde, Hondo, and Del Rio. Whatever you do don’t eat at Don Marcelino’s in Del Rio!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                              Whats Your final destination?

Comment

Working...
                              X