ar pistol build question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ar pistol build question

first off let me say I'm a retired LEO but want to ask the members here bout building an ar pistol from online parts over buying a complete weapon, what's with all the controversy over sig arms brace and short barreled upper attached to an ar pistol is it designated an sbr do you need a tax stamp or can you just build it as an at pistol legally?

You do not need tax stamp if you build a pistol. You can use the sig brace or the shockwave brace. Here is mine with the shockwave brace.

Comment

I would consider a .45 or 9mm complete build for a pistol. I have four pistols including a 300blk and 223. 99% of my shooting is with the 45 then 9mm for range use. Not as loud and bullet selection and cost is something to consider.

All have a shock wave brace with a folder. Cielrcle 10 is the wtg. Costly but built well.

Comment

With all the craziness that has been occurring I was considering building/buying an at pistol that I can lock and keep in my vehicle( I still have my under the seat patrol rifle gun lockable mount) I always carry my .40 cal duty weapon they gave me when I retired so I’m looking for a 5.56/223 I just don’t wanna throw one of my colts in the truck as a truck gun .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
          You do not need tax stamp if you build a pistol. You can use the sig brace or the shockwave brace. Here is mine with the shockwave brace.

Is that a 10.5 bbl

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
            what's with all the controversy over sig arms brace
            What's all the controversy? Look at the picture in the first response to your question. That look like a stock to you? Sure looks like a stock to me.

Comment

I read somewhere atf was saying if you shoulder fired the weapon it could be considered an sbr just asking since I don’t know if it’s true or not.

Comment

Is that a 10.5 bbl

Yes 10.5 300blk

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                What's all the controversy? Look at the picture in the first response to your question. That look like a stock to you? Sure looks like a stock to me.
                Yes it looks like a stock, but the ATF says it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                  Yes 10.5 300blk

Yes it looks like a stock, but the ATF says it's not.

This is the answer I was looking for sir thank you

Comment

I read somewhere atf was saying if you shoulder fired the weapon it could be considered an sbr just asking since I don’t know if it’s true or not.

http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?p=3524

Comment

I read somewhere atf was saying if you shoulder fired the [pistol] it could be considered an sbr just asking since I don’t know if it’s true or not.

That was true. The ATF did say that. And then they realized it was an idiotic position to take, so they changed their minds.

Per usual, gun stuff is best explained using memes:

Comment

ATF ruled it legal to shoulder a brace. Good to go without a SBR stamp if youre building a pistol.

I never got into AR's really until my roommate got me into them but I will be buying parts and building a 300BO pistol after all the black friday sales.

Personally, I think ARs are pretty simple to put together and if you shop around you can build a quality AR for about the same price as buying a base model one off the shelf at a brick and mortar store.

Comment

Thanks for the info the sarcasm wasn’t necessary but some folks feel the need well then ok do it here and don’t take it out on your family God bless

Comment

Thanks for the info the sarcasm wasn’t necessary but some folks feel the need well then ok do it here and don’t take it out on your family God bless
                            I like sarcasm. I also like punctuation. You seem to appreciate neither.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              I like sarcasm. I also like punctuation. You seem to appreciate neither.
                              Quite possibly the funniest thing I’ve read on here in years.

Comment

Working...
                              X