DIY Stabilizer build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Stabilizer build

So... I am a bit of a cheapskate.Or rather my ego always tells me I can do it better. Anyways I decided I need to try a longer (12-14") stabilizer on my bow to make that pin more steady. Problem is I didnt want to spend around 100 bucks or more for a Bee Stinger, Wick Stick, etc. So I tested making one for 33 bucks. Here is what I ended up with (still a WIP).

Bow is still silent even though I havent added the dampening to the stab yet, Shots are much tighter, especially at 30 yards, my pin moves around drastically less than before, and the bow started at 3.9 lbs, so weight is still low. Thats a win so far in my book. Still needs field testing.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by antiparadigm; 11-15-2018, 10:10 PM.

Wanna make me one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You could build it much cheaper than that. Those shark bite fittings are expensive. I'd just use pvc shaft, standard pvc caps. Drill one cap for bolt and glue the bolt inside the cap. Mix desired weight of lead shot with glue and put in other end cap. Probably about a $5 build if you have an appropriate adhesive already.

Comment

If you mixed the lead shot in with silicone you would get some vibration dampening.

Comment

[ATTACH]933973[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]933974[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]933975[/ATTACH]

made few also myself with pvc and washers for weights along with 1" thick rubber

Comment

I was just spinning my wheels over a similar idea the idea the other day. Nice work y'all.

Comment

Yea i figured the shark bites were a little overkill, but i already had one and it looks good, so i just bought one more and priced it out. I had a few limbsaver esque stabilizers that i cannibalized to get official hardware and such, but yes it could be done cheaper. Glad I'm not the only one that thought of this!

Comment

Originally posted by 2BigMethod View Post
                [ATTACH]933973[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]933974[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]933975[/ATTACH]

made few also myself with pvc and washers for weights along with 1" thick rubber
                I like the holes. Lightens up the PVC and makes a nice design.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                  Wanna make me one?

Sure. 100 bucks, free shipping. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    Wanna make me one?

Going to put together a video how to. All materials including some new JB weld, and tax cost 33 bucks. I already had most of this stuff, but bought new ones so that i could accurately calculate cost.

Last edited by antiparadigm; 11-16-2018, 02:54 PM. Reason: Add info

Comment

You can buy a tournament style 12” stabilizer for $20, it’s just labeled as a side rod.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                        You can buy a tournament style 12” stabilizer for $20, it’s just labeled as a side rod.
                        Where?

Comment

Originally posted by antiparadigm View Post
                          Where?

Lancaster Archery

Comment

Cheapest I found in the site was 79.99...

Comment

Nice work.

I built this one a few years ago from PVC. I used a weighted Bowjax stabilizer end and the mount part is the inside of a cheapo Limbsaver stabilizer. I used carbon wrap instead of painting it. I still have it but don't use it. I had all the parts in my archery box.

Last edited by stickbowcoop; 11-19-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X