Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk, Trinity Counties
Default True or false ?

I got an email today from a friend who’s a little bit of a conspiracy theorist so I don’t know whether to believe it or not. I don’t know how to post a link or I would. I can’t screenshot it because it would probably get me banned, but it concerns the sex education curriculum of Austin ISD. It was not much better than **** in print that they are supposedly trying to implement as sex ed for 3rd thru 5th grade. Will someone in the know help me out here ?

Well I see the filter got me. **** rhymes with horn.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #2
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Call the principal. If that doesn't work contact the school board.
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #3
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Most likely true.
If i remember correctly i saw news about it last year and the curriculum involved sticking stuff or peckers in every hole in the body if it makes you feel good.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #4
salth2o
Pope & Young
 
salth2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atascocita
Hunt In: Delta County and anywhere else I can.
Default

I dont know where it currently stands, but a quick google search came up with this

http://www.statesman.com/news/201905...public-preview
salth2o is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #5
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

I went to a small school.

There were kids that were already having sex in 5-6 grade. This was about 20 years ago.

Maybe we can pretend sex doesn't happen. Idk what age is appropriate to bring it up but seems like it needs to be brought up.
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #6
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point
 
RattlesnakeDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Floresville
Hunt In: Everywhere
Default

Somebody needs to file a lawsuit against these liberal pedophiles.
RattlesnakeDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #7
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
I went to a small school.

There were kids that were already having sex in 5-6 grade. This was about 20 years ago.

Maybe we can pretend sex doesn't happen. Idk what age is appropriate to bring it up but seems like it needs to be brought up.
Sure it needs to be brought up but it needs to be based on science not the LGBT or Planned parenthood agenda
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #8
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Sure it needs to be brought up but it needs to be based on science not the LGBT or Planned parenthood agenda
Agreed. I have no clue what curriculum AISD is using.
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #9
duckmanep
Pope & Young
 
duckmanep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northeast TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salth2o View Post
I dont know where it currently stands, but a quick google search came up with this

http://www.statesman.com/news/201905...public-preview
wow.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 02:46 PM   #10
hooligan
Pope & Young
 
hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coppell
Hunt In: Sterling Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Sure it needs to be brought up but it needs to be based on science not the LGBT or Planned parenthood agenda
Ca’s new rules are so crazy that my sister and BIL have started applying for jobs in Texas to get their son out of there. He’s 9 and this year his class is going to learn about “non-binary genders and puberty for transgender”
hooligan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #11
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Ca’s new rules are so crazy that my sister and BIL have started applying for jobs in Texas to get their son out of there. He’s 9 and this year his class is going to learn about “non-binary genders and puberty for transgender”
Tell them not to move to Austin... Lampasas is good
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 03:15 PM   #12
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk, Trinity Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Agreed. I have no clue what curriculum AISD is using.
Planned Parenthood according to what I read.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 03:23 PM   #13
DJM
Pope & Young
 
DJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner TX
Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Tell them not to move to Austin... Lampasas is good
Wrong!!

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 03:24 PM   #14
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk, Trinity Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
I went to a small school.

There were kids that were already having sex in 5-6 grade. This was about 20 years ago.

Maybe we can pretend sex doesn't happen. Idk what age is appropriate to bring it up but seems like it needs to be brought up.
At what point in time did the parents abdicate their responsibility to teach kids about sex and turn it over to the school system ?
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #15
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Sure it needs to be brought up but it needs to be based on science not the LGBT or Planned parenthood agenda
Amen. Caving to this loser and lost crowd
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #16
JTRichardson
Ten Point
 
JTRichardson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tomball, Tx
Hunt In: east texas, in your stand when you aint there :)
Default

I don’t know what they’re teaching now, but the “abstinence only” BS they tried to teach and preach sure didn’t help out

I know it’s the parents “responsibility” to teach their kids, but telling your kids “save it for marriage” doesn’t teach anything

I’m torn on what I would want my theoretical child learning from sex Ed to be honest
JTRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #17
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

More thorough sex ed leads to less unprotected sex and lower teen pregnancy rates every time, like it or not the facts dont lie.

Sure its uncomfortable but if parents arent gonna do it then someone needs to.
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 03:53 PM   #18
manwitaplan
Pope & Young
 
manwitaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Friendswood
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
More thorough sex ed leads to less unprotected sex and lower teen pregnancy rates every time, like it or not the facts dont lie.

Sure its uncomfortable but if parents arent gonna do it then someone needs to.


I dont believe this is about your typical sex ed class in school! Did you read what has been posted?

The curriculum which is being shoved down 3-5 graders class is based on some garbage that people dont like.

The actual start of the thread was a true fAlse question based on austins teaching program




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
manwitaplan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 03:55 PM   #19
Ginja Ninja
Ten Point
 
Ginja Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Val Verde, London
Default

I'd like to keep my blood pressure down today, so I refuse to read into this. Maybe tomorrow...
Ginja Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 04:01 PM   #20
meltingfeather
Ten Point
 
meltingfeather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: austin
Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily
Default

False fear mongering propaganda/hype.

It's age-appropriate, parents can preview the material, and opt out of any lessons or the entire curriculum if they chose.

Seems like people are just looking to get riled up... don't let any facts get in the way. SMH
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 04:03 PM   #21
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Most likely true.
If i remember correctly i saw news about it last year and the curriculum involved sticking stuff or peckers in every hole in the body if it makes you feel good.
Brings a whole new meaning to “earholed”!
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 04:12 PM   #22
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwitaplan View Post
I dont believe this is about your typical sex ed class in school! Did you read what has been posted?

The curriculum which is being shoved down 3-5 graders class is based on some garbage that people dont like.

The actual start of the thread was a true fAlse question based on austins teaching program




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I read it.

If that freaks you out then I hope you like teen pregnancy and rampant STIs because the only choices are between proper education and those things.

Sure no one wants to think about their kids having sex but parents need to pull their head out of the sand and accept reality. I swear most parents would rather their kid end up pregnant rather than face the real world.

Nothing in that article looks age-inappropriate.
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #23
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Serious question, do people who are against this think that this sort of education is going to turn kids gay/trans/whatever and or make them more likely to have sex?
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 05:58 PM   #24
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
More thorough sex ed leads to less unprotected sex and lower teen pregnancy rates every time, like it or not the facts dont lie.

Sure its uncomfortable but if parents arent gonna do it then someone needs to.
You sure about that?
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #25
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Brings a whole new meaning to “earholed”!
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 06:04 PM   #26
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

From the article.....The middle school lessons are inclusive of LGBT and transgender students, and omit references to gender, specifically from discussions about anatomy, according to the ETR website listing updates to the curriculum’s second edition.

Is this education based on science or is this pure stupidity produced by the worlds largest abortion mill?

people of all gender identities....pretty simple, there are 2

Last edited by flywise; 08-22-2019 at 06:09 PM.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 06:17 PM   #27
ctom87
Ten Point
 
ctom87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Searching.
Default

Teen pregnancy is at an all time low because sex is discussed earlier and in greater detail. Someone mentioned when did parents give up their obligations to teach about sex... Well, for some they have not, but I am willing to bet the vast majority of parents neglect to talk about it in enough detail as required.

Now the liberal agenda of teaching nonbinary bs and transgender this and that, I am sorry, but a 9 to 12 year old needs to be thinking about one thing: being a 9 to 12 year old kid. Sex is sex, part of biology and science. Sex changes are a mental issue and should be treated as such, not something to be taught in school.

I just don't get it. I learned in school that Van Gogh cut his ear off and he was "crazy". I would be willing to bet that if I told my friends I wanted to cut an ear, finger, toe, nose, or any other apendidge, they would take me to the looney house. But if I want to severe my peen, society creates a go fund me and helps me. I just don't get it.
ctom87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 07:09 PM   #28
camoclad
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Yep, I read it.

If that freaks you out then I hope you like teen pregnancy and rampant STIs because the only choices are between proper education and those things.

Sure no one wants to think about their kids having sex but parents need to pull their head out of the sand and accept reality. I swear most parents would rather their kid end up pregnant rather than face the real world.

Nothing in that article looks age-inappropriate.
Your point of view is based on a assumption that schools are in the best position to deal with sex, and your reasoning is probably correct in that lots of parents aren't doing the sex talk. I hate to state the obvious truth but here goes, we have STDs and accidental pregnancies because of the deterioration of morals in our society, i.e. the sexual revolution. Now, the platform that pushed a sexually free society is now in charge of educating our kids and so the downward cycle deepens. It's like asking your dope dealer for counseling after you become addicted to dope.
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 07:27 PM   #29
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default True or false ?

I do t care what people want to do in their own home, but I’ll be ****ed if the school district will teach my child that there are any more genders than two. There are boys and girls, the rest are idiots, and I don’t care about their opinions. Queers are asking for way more than they are owed these days.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 07:38 PM   #30
Jspradley
Ten Point
 
Jspradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: League City, TX
Hunt In: Wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
I hate to state the obvious truth but here goes, we have STDs and accidental pregnancies because of the deterioration of morals in our society, i.e. the sexual revolution
You really believe that don't you?

There has never been a "good old days" when people were moral and only had sex when married and then only for procreation we just did a really good job of hiding people who deviated from the norm and pretending like they dont exist.
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 07:52 PM   #31
muzzyslinger
Ten Point
 
muzzyslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Howe tx
Hunt In: Grayson and Fannin Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I do t care what people want to do in their own home, but I’ll be ****ed if the school district will teach my child that there are any more genders than two. There are boys and girls, the rest are idiots, and I don’t care about their opinions. Queers are asking for way more than they are owed these days.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you 100 percent
muzzyslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #32
Samson
Ten Point
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Hunt In: Willow City, Travis County
Default

.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
Samson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 08:06 PM   #33
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk, Trinity Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Yep, I read it.

If that freaks you out then I hope you like teen pregnancy and rampant STIs because the only choices are between proper education and those things.

Sure no one wants to think about their kids having sex but parents need to pull their head out of the sand and accept reality. I swear most parents would rather their kid end up pregnant rather than face the real world.

Nothing in that article looks age-inappropriate.
I don’t know where you’ve been, but teen pregnancy is much more rampant now than it was when I was a youngster. That carried shame and immorality with it then, now, it’s let it all hang out.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 08:25 PM   #34
duckmanep
Pope & Young
 
duckmanep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northeast TX
Default

I teach my son that he has a pole and that pole to hole is the only way. I really don't want him hearing at school that pole to pole and hole to hole is okay and that if he doesn't want a pole, he can have a hole. Liberal schools trying to undermine parenting. This world is so jacked up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 08:33 PM   #35
camoclad
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: fort worth
Hunt In: central tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
You really believe that don't you?

There has never been a "good old days" when people were moral and only had sex when married and then only for procreation we just did a really good job of hiding people who deviated from the norm and pretending like they dont exist.
Yes I do beleive It's alot diffrent then the good ol days (pre 1965ish, the sexual revolution). a downward cycle.

The topic of this post is about sex ed in school.......that involves the the teaching of gender identity...... for little kids for God's sake!!!!! You don't see the extreme, downward, moral death spiral we are in????
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #36
hooligan
Pope & Young
 
hooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coppell
Hunt In: Sterling Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Tell them not to move to Austin... Lampasas is good
He’s a cattleman and has run the same feedlot for the last 30+ years. He’s trying to get to the pan handle
hooligan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2019, 09:24 PM   #37
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
He’s a cattleman and has run the same feedlot for the last 30+ years. He’s trying to get to the pan handle
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 12:24 AM   #38
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Before I roll over and kiss my girl good night, sucks to sucks

https://medium.com/utopiapress/why-m...x-d4713937c150
SmTx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 07:01 AM   #39
WItoTX
Ten Point
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
I don’t know where you’ve been, but teen pregnancy is much more rampant now than it was when I was a youngster.
No it's not. It's at a record low.

https://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/index.htm

From the article:

"In 2017, a total of 194,377 babies were born to women aged 15–19 years, for a birth rate of 18.8 per 1,000 women in this age group. This is another record low for U.S. teens and a drop of 7% from 2016. Birth rates fell 10% for women aged 15–17 years and 6% for women aged 18–19 years."
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #40
Death from Above
Pope & Young
 
Death from Above's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Henderson, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
No it's not. It's at a record low.

https://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/index.htm

From the article:

"In 2017, a total of 194,377 babies were born to women aged 15–19 years, for a birth rate of 18.8 per 1,000 women in this age group. This is another record low for U.S. teens and a drop of 7% from 2016. Birth rates fell 10% for women aged 15–17 years and 6% for women aged 18–19 years."
Dry creek is correct.

Your stats do not include PREGNANCIES that are terminated. Put that in your equation...
Death from Above is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 07:43 AM   #41
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young
 
Graysonhogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Savoy, Texas
Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
At what point in time did the parents abdicate their responsibility to teach kids about sex and turn it over to the school system ?
No joke.
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 08:06 AM   #42
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk, Trinity Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
No it's not. It's at a record low.

https://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/index.htm

From the article:

"In 2017, a total of 194,377 babies were born to women aged 15–19 years, for a birth rate of 18.8 per 1,000 women in this age group. This is another record low for U.S. teens and a drop of 7% from 2016. Birth rates fell 10% for women aged 15–17 years and 6% for women aged 18–19 years."
I’m 72 years old. I didn’t see any stats except for 2016 and 2017. I don’t believe that takes in my youth and therefore is not germane to this conversation. Nice try though !
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 08:25 AM   #43
ultrastealth
Ten Point
 
ultrastealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
I got an email today from a friend who’s a little bit of a conspiracy theorist so I don’t know whether to believe it or not. I don’t know how to post a link or I would. I can’t screenshot it because it would probably get me banned, but it concerns the sex education curriculum of Austin ISD. It was not much better than **** in print that they are supposedly trying to implement as sex ed for 3rd thru 5th grade. Will someone in the know help me out here ?

Well I see the filter got me. **** rhymes with horn.
If this is Travis County, it will focus on homosexual sex. That I can promise you.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 10:31 AM   #44
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
Dry creek is correct.

Your stats do not include PREGNANCIES that are terminated. Put that in your equation...
We think alike on this topic. I wrote the same thing but got a call and never sent it.
Some of the more liberal school dist. ( maybe all of them ) let little girls know there is an abortion pill ready and waiting with out parental consent. Many places even take kids to abortion clinics with out parental consent.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #45
-HIC-
Ten Point
 
-HIC-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Willow City & Junction
Default

The numbers for legal abortion are somewhat hard to find. Check these numbers from 2008:

The page also calls out ethnicity and, one group in particular is very high in this area but that is out of scope for this discussion.

In 2008 the following numbers for women younger than age 20 were recorded and/or estimated:

Total number of pregnancies - 746,530
Total number of births - 440,522
Total number of abortions - 198,100
Total number of estimated miscarriages (including stillbirths) - 107,910

Out of a total population of young women age 15-19 in the U.S. of 10,805,000, roughly 7% of teen girls were pregnant in 2008.

https://www.thoughtco.com/teen-pregn...-rates-3534250

I cannot confirm the source to be accurate**
-HIC- is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #46
CEO
Pope & Young
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

I remember when my daughter came home from school the day they had a big sex ed presentation. I asked her what she thought of it and she laughed and said she wasn't too sure what to think.

She just turned 15 and I've been subtly pushing her towards lesbianism for the last couple of years. At least until she finishes college.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #47
gmagsdad
Four Point
 
gmagsdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Weatherford, TX
Hunt In: Bosque County; Anywhere, USA
Default

As a father of 3 girls, a one off 2.5 year old and a pair of 10 year old's, I am terrified. Might be time for some martial arts lessons. Some sort of accelerated program, I'd feel better if they had their black belts by high school. At least they'd have that in their back pockets until they're old enough to carry.... See, I'm already losing my mind
gmagsdad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #48
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagsdad View Post
As a father of 3 girls, a one off 2.5 year old and a pair of 10 year old's, I am terrified. Might be time for some martial arts lessons. Some sort of accelerated program, I'd feel better if they had their black belts by high school. At least they'd have that in their back pockets until they're old enough to carry.... See, I'm already losing my mind
I don't think these boys these days chase girls like we did back in the good old days. Most of them are busy playing video games
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 11:06 AM   #49
WItoTX
Ten Point
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
I’m 72 years old. I didn’t see any stats except for 2016 and 2017. I don’t believe that takes in my youth and therefore is not germane to this conversation. Nice try though !
I wish I could post photo's in here, but here is a link to a graphic of the decline since 1972. I read though the appendices (skimmed it), and the raw data appears reliable. If you consider the raw data reliable, then it supports the point that teenage pregnancy is dropping. I won't die on this hill though, so I am all ears if there is data that suggests otherwise.

https://www.childtrends.org/indicators/teen-pregnancy


Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
Dry creek is correct.

Your stats do not include PREGNANCIES that are terminated. Put that in your equation...
The statement was made that teenage pregnancies are higher than ever. What happens to those pregnancies is beyond this data, but the data referenced captures results of all pregnancies, not just those going full term. Again, not going to die on this hill, but I am all ears if there is a better source of info out there. Anecdotally, the students we teach all say there are very few pregnancies in their schools. The students go to school at Katy, Cinco Ranch, and Seven Lakes.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-27-2019, 01:15 PM   #50
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post

She just turned 15 and I've been subtly pushing her towards lesbianism for the last couple of years. At least until she finishes college.
Are you serious or joking? If you are serious what’s the “why”?
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com