• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tc encore vs contender

Whats the difference between the TC encore and contender

Encore just for larger caliber selection. I absolutely love my 16 inch 308

Comment

Encore is larger and able to withstand higher pressure cartridges than a Contender

Comment

The contender also has a lever on the hammer to move the firing pin so it can shoot rimfire rounds.

Comment

I have an encore pistol at 243 and I really like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been shooting an Encore for a few years now since I went Traditional with the bow.
            Really digging the single shot rifle and the opportunity to change calibers for the game hunted. I had some work done to mine.
            The Contender is a pistol I think, while the Encore is a rifle.
            Very quiet with the can and great hunting rigs.
            [url=https://flic.kr/p/29kVHXV]

Comment

The Encore and Contender are both available in either rifle or pistol configuration. Encore is larger, heavier, and available in higher pressure rounds. The Contender is only available in lower pressure chambering. The 45-70 is about the biggest caliber for the Contender. The Contender also has a selector for rimfire or center fire. No rimfire for the Encore, unless you use an aftermarket set up. I have Encores in 416 Rigby and 375 H&H. The Encore is the big brother.

Comment

I'll be checking the pawn shops for an encore. Want to put together a grendel for my left handed grandson.

Comment

Thanks Olmandan. I wasn't quite sure about the two.

If you find a Encore frame. Give MGM a look for barrels.
                  Match Grade Machine (MGM) specializes in Thompson Center Contender barrels and accessories. TC Encore as well TC Contenders. Get custom built TC Contenders.

And give Haus Of Arms a look for barrels, tuning and accesories for everything enccore and contender. I had my trigger done there. 4lbs.

Bergarra used to make barrels also for Encores and Contenders. So you might find some of them around also in various calibers.
                  Good luck and good choice.

Comment

Working...
                  X