X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinkin it, Chew said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      But my instincts tell me that they just flat out lost the rack or it is there and they misplaced it. Why would a fired employee take that particular rack. Not saying it's not a great buck but I'm sure they had larger racks than that he would have taken if he wanted to.
      I’m with Chew here. Taxi is trying to lay the blame on someone else.

Comment

That animal had value assigned to it the second it was 'sold'.
        The issue for the court is how much of the 'value' is assigned to the rack as opposed to the meat the animal provided.

Comment

It seems that if the state can assign a value amount for a deer in poaching cases that a similar amount could be justified in a theft of said deer

Comment

That hits you right in the feelers for sure

Comment

I don't see any good ending to this for anyone involved; for your cousin or that shop. If he gets cash he will always be bitter they lost his rack. If he gets a replica he will always be bitter it's not the same deer.

I do agree with the others that if they really think an ex-employee took it, they should be trying to track that person down. Maybe with the threat of legal action they will try or at least admit what really happened if they lied about the theft.

Comment

Been looking at this thread and it seems pretty summed up with Chew's statement. In most taxi shops, there are some big racks always there and if someone was going to be mean and steal one, they probably wouldn't go for a mid to smaller rack. Really sounds to me like the shop lost it and is trying to lay blame on someone else here. I'd get with the GW, question the supposed terminated employee and go from there. Somebody would be paying me more than whatever was required for the mount here.....

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                  Not sure. I did not ask anything about the employee that was supposedly terminated. I was actively texting when she was looking for the rack. She sent me vids of the 100's of mounts and racks she had to look through but said she was sure it was there. Once I was told it could not be found, sorry etc..... I didn't want to get into details. I don't really care who or why they think they lost it. I'm just curious what they are going to do about it.

So was it already mounted and ready for pick up or was just the rack taken? Your title said shoulder mount but this post makes me wonder. Lol. I haven’t had my fill of coffee. [emoji51]

Skinny

Comment

Does this taxi do any business with any high fence ranches? If so I would see if the taxi can talk to his ranch contacts and cover the cost for another hunt.

Comment

I bet they would only be liable for the cost of mounting the deer. Not for the hunt...

And I feel for your cousin

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                        This is one of the reasons a lot of people keep the rack in their possession until the taxi needs it. Might be a good practice for those extra special racks.

Skinny
                        I agree Skinny.

Comment

Theft of a wildlife resource. Call the game warden. They love busting *******s that steal deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Since they were providing a service for a fee, they're legally liable for the value of the item that was entrusted to them. Not the cost of the hunt, but the value of the item itself. It would be akin to you taking your car to a mechanic and them losing your car. Or taking your watch to a jeweler and them losing your watch. I don't know how the value of a particular set of antlers and cape would be established, but I think that's what you're looking at as far as legal liability.

Comment

What would The State of Texas value that Buck if it were poached?

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                                So was it already mounted and ready for pick up or was just the rack taken? Your title said shoulder mount but this post makes me wonder. Lol. I haven’t had my fill of coffee. [emoji51]

Skinny
                                Not sure when it was supposedly taken. He paid for the shoulder mount and it had been there over a year so I guess it all depends when it went missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X