SD Pheasant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD Pheasant

I was fortunate to invited on this trip and am sure glad I tagged along. This was my first pheasant hunt.

For two days in Gregory, South Dakota, we put the hammer down on the roosters. On my first field/hunt, I bagged my limit in 15 minutes with my 20 gauge Yildiz o/u. 2 of the first 4 birds I shot that day were 1 shot kills. Pretty exciting.

Day two the wind was ripping and the birds were cruising. On our last field, I walked the left side and a buddy took the flank up ahead. At least 10 birds flew between the two of us and we knocked them all down. We called it "headache corner".

What an awesome time. Definitely will be back.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HoustonHunter; 11-18-2017, 04:55 PM.

Today's limits
    Attached Files

Comment

Roosters
      Attached Files

Comment

Momma in the back is Peanut, pup is Butter.
        Attached Files

Comment

Fun stuff
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice shooting. Beautiful birds, congrats

Comment

Pheasant hunting over dogs is first class fun. Looks like a great trip.

Comment

Went on my first trip to Gregory (Circle H Ranch) a few years back. I will definitely plan another trip there soon.

Glad you had a great trip!

Comment

Looks like y'all have had a great time!
                  One of you needs to puppynap! That is one great looking pup!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                    Looks like y'all have had a great time!
                    One of you needs to puppynap! That is one great looking pup!!!
                    We've had a blast.

Comment

We hunted around Redfield, S.D. for about five years. We were hunting wild birds. I think the limit was 3 per person.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                        We hunted around Redfield, S.D. for about five years. We were hunting wild birds. I think the limit was 3 per person.
                        These were wild birds as well. I was cleaning up for some bad shooters.

We shot a group limit.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post

The state limit is 3 per person, except much of this land is state recognized preserve land with more liberal limits and a duty of the landowner to tag and record each bird killed. They’re required to supplement the wild bird population each year in order to be considered preserve status. It truly is world class hunting here at Biggins Hunting Service. I’ve been coming for 14 years and it’s truly a great time.

Comment

Working...
                          X