Is it a Sin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Yes. Say three hail ishi's and five Howard hills and you'll be obsolved.

Gary
    Brilliant!!!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      Brilliant!!!

Sights are viewed as enough of an advantage that many "traditional" competitions don't allow them or a version of them, such as "riser mapping". However, game animals can't call "foul" if they're dead.

Comment

My hog bow is a pretty heavy pulling recurve made from limbs I made on a Darton compound handle. I have sights on it sighted in with 2219 alu. arrows. I hardly ever shoot it but can always pick it up and in a few shots, I'm ready to go hog hunting.

Comment

DRT...that made me chuckle good.

I mostly use scotch tape for indexing/mapping my risers for sights...some duct tape. My Yukons wood grains do awesome. Ive been thinking of using velcro for having several map...a map for different arrow setups...heavy arrow map...med arrow map...light arrow map. Glue hook backing the riser and have maps on hook backing. Ive been contemplating what to use for a sight... fiber optic strand seems decently available but havent figured the mounting. Unmount velcro map when I go to a TBOT shoot.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 03-25-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I have found that my old tired eyes do not focus to the focal point where the sight is located so they are a wasted effort. The same goes for iron sights on rifles. I do still have several bows with factory sights installed but...

It is an either or for me. Either I look at and focus on the target or look at and try to see the sight. Perhaps the match stick is a good test to see if you can even use one.

Comment

Yeah I think it's been pretty evident that I'll try anything once. I don't think you need to worry about what the others think.
              Now complaining about what is or isn't allowed in a given competition group is to me not cool. Find one that has a class for what you shoot and have fun .
              But really I think you need to be able to enjoy and be confident in what you do. The rest of us are.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                nope, in fact It probably will help you learn form and gapping much quicker rather than doing it bare...you get in a repetitive habit with just pulling, aiming and releasing it will all come naturally, I have ilf league set up with sights on it and it helps with gapping, form and other various forms of training...it will NOT lengthen the learning curve, it will ONLY help

Agree. I have a recurve with a single fixed brass pin i use for hunting. I like it. I used to shoot with a fixed crawl but as my eyes age it became difficult to see the arrow point and it's worse with broadheads. Having the pin means there is no more string crawl but otherwise no different than using the arrow as a sight. At crunch time I'm not having a visual dilemma as I focus on the vitals with the brass pin in my secondary vision.

Definitely helps with my form. Very obvious when I collapse or drop my bow arm.

Comment

Working...
                X