No announcement yet.

Mexico 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to use 12 point taxidermy to ease the pain of getting my cape across more easily. The problem I have is wanting to get my rack across for scoring purposes in contest. They really make this cape crossing deal a real pain in the *****

Comment

Got back from the ranch Saturday evening. Hot is an understatement! Brush is holding on as of now, but if we don’t get some rain quick it’s going to start looking rough around our place. Quail numbers seem to be up. Happy to see that. Cameras on water and threw the first round of corn in a few feeders. It’s getting to be go time.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
        I would like to use 12 point taxidermy to ease the pain of getting my cape across more easily. The problem I have is wanting to get my rack across for scoring purposes in contest. They really make this cape crossing deal a real pain in the *****
        I ran into this problem this past season. I met someone from 12 Point at Angadi in NL to hand off my cape and I took the horns across for scoring and later dropped them off at 12 Point's shop in Laredo.

I guess I just didn't communicate with them very well, because about 3 weeks ago I found out that they hadn't started on my mount because the cape was still in Mexico and the rack was in Laredo. I mailed them my hunter's agreement and they were going to transport my rack into Mexico to finish the mount.

I would suggest making it very clear to them what you are doing and leave a copy of your Hunter's Agreement at the shop in Laredo when you drop off your rack.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
          You can always take it to the checkpoint and have it scored by Angadi, and 12 point can enter it into Cola Blanca as well based on the Angadi score.

If you are wanting to enter it in Muy Grande, Los Cazadores, etc. you definitely have the logistical problems you mentioned.

Comment

We using the same ANGADI application for rifle permits again this year or do they have a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
              We using the same ANGADI application for rifle permits again this year or do they have a new one?
              Definitely a little different this year... they're looking for pictures of your gun information directly off the weapon instead of just sending the information through an email. That or pictures of your previous years cancelled permits... at least that's what I've experienced this year.

Apparently the general was ticked last year with all the typos.

Comment

Got .60” last night imagine it didn’t make a huge difference but better than nothing

Comment

Originally posted by jclaybennett View Post
                  I ran into this problem this past season. I met someone from 12 Point at Angadi in NL to hand off my cape and I took the horns across for scoring and later dropped them off at 12 Point's shop in Laredo.

I guess I just didn't communicate with them very well, because about 3 weeks ago I found out that they hadn't started on my mount because the cape was still in Mexico and the rack was in Laredo. I mailed them my hunter's agreement and they were going to transport my rack into Mexico to finish the mount.

I would suggest making it very clear to them what you are doing and leave a copy of your Hunter's Agreement at the shop in Laredo when you drop off your rack.
                  Good to know if it does actually work this way. I assumed since I crossed hunters agreement with the antlers that 12 point would not be able to use a copy of my agreement to cross my cape.... this is great news if true. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                    You can always take it to the checkpoint and have it scored by Angadi, and 12 point can enter it into Cola Blanca as well based on the Angadi score.

If you are wanting to enter it in Muy Grande, Los Cazadores, etc. you definitely have the logistical problems you mentioned.
                    Yes muy grande is my interest of entering

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Definitely a little different this year... they're looking for pictures of your gun information directly off the weapon instead of just sending the information through an email. That or pictures of your previous years cancelled permits... at least that's what I've experienced this year.

Apparently the general was ticked last year with all the typos.
                      Where do you find the new form? All I saw on Angadi web site was form from 2016-2017.

Comment

Originally posted by tsellars View Post
                        Where do you find the new form? All I saw on Angadi web site was form from 2016-2017.
                        The info I received was you need to provide the gun info form, and either a copy of your cancelled permit from last year (if your guns will be the same this year) or clear photos of the gun serial number, action, and caliber (I assume this means 3 separate photos), so they can verify the numbers on your form.
                        Last edited by walker1983; 08-16-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

looks like temps are finally trending in the right direction. Highs under 100F starting next week if all goes to plan. fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                            looks like temps are finally trending in the right direction. Highs under 100F starting next week if all goes to plan. fingers crossed!
                            Yep, looking like a nice cool 98 degrees for our labor day hunt Sure is better than 108 like it has been in some parts down there so will take it

Comment

Goin down 28-30 lord please send cloud cover!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                Goin down 28-30 lord please send cloud cover!
                                Amen. Got back yesterday, it was pretty hot. 107 Friday and Saturday and our power went off Friday. Left Sat eve and ran for some ac. Got a lot of work done though. Got some pics of some really good young bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X