• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Lol

Could have gotten him tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was my thought as well...heck, I was hoping for Taylor. BUT...Howard may be as hungry as Taylor seems to be, so I'll reserve judgment until he actually steps on the field and we can see what he is made of

Let me rephrase...after Jonah Williams and Andre Dillard were gone, I was hoping for Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
      That was my thought as well...heck, I was hoping for Taylor. BUT...Howard may be as hungry as Taylor seems to be, so I'll reserve judgment until he actually steps on the field and we can see what he is made of

Cajunblake must know something we don’t?!.

Comment

So far the Giants have taken a 2nd round QB from...Duke...in the top 10, traded Snacks Harrison for a 5th, and drafted a 70-80th ranked nose tackle at 17....Did Dan Snyder buy the giants?

Meanwhile the redskins are not being stupid....what is happening?

Redskins are being stupid let’s get real here!

Comment

Lol

Kinda like when the cowboys took Travis Frederick? He was graded out as a 3rd rounder. Kinda worked out though....

Comment

Lol

Read a report that 2 other teams would have taken Tytus Howard in round 1 had the Texans not taken him. Could be a false report but it appears as if he was higher ranked by some teams than what the media was aware of. And supposedly the Texans see Ford as a guard not a tackle, then Taylor (top OT on board) has a concerning knee issue. Curious to see how he pans out because the Texans need help at tackle in a bad way.

Should be a good run on corners in round 2 at some point, just hoping a guy they like is still there when their 2 picks come up.

Comment

Texans panicked when Philly jumped ahead of them and got their tackle...

Anything is better than what we have now....

Comment

Lol

First off I’m not saying Howard was the best pick, I’m saying I’m ok with it. Could they have gotten him Tomorrow? Possibly, but the one thing the Texans had to do last night was find a TACKLE and if they waited until 54/55 and there wasn’t a guy they liked then it would have been bad and I have to guess that the Texans know more about what’s going on in the background than we do. The eagles traded up and grabbed Dillard which likely could have been the Texans pick. I understand the comments about Ford, he is a great lineman but I think Ford is a future guard long term not a tackle.
                Anyway it’s done and we see how it pans out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  Alabama state

Not sure what they are thinking. Ford was in the board still and so was greedy.

Yeah that's doesn't sound near as good a feel good story as Alabama.......good luck to him though..

Comment

Lol

He was not going to be around in the 50's. This was a guy alot of teams liked but thought they could reach for him early in rd two.

Ford and Taylor are good lineman, but are not equipped to help a specific QB like Watson. Watson is very mobile and Taylor has serious knee problems which is probably why he fell out of 1st rd all together. He was listed at one point in being a top 10 guy.

I have my reservations, but there is a reason Gaine picked Howard.
                    After researching him a little more, i think i will like where this kid is headed.
                    Remember Duane Brown, the all pro LT. He was not good his first year either and played behind a veteran.
                    It was a gutsy move. I just hope it pays off
                    Last edited by bloodstick; 04-26-2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                      Texans panicked when Philly jumped ahead of them and got their tackle...

Anything is better than what we have now....
                      I wouldn't say they panicked. They just stuck to their board. It was no secret that we were drafting an OT so it would naive to think that Texans were unaware of other teams calling to jump them for Dillard. Texans at some point decided that Dillard wasn't worth what was required to give up to draft Dillard. Howard is widely regarded as the OT with the highest ceiling in this draft so i'll give the Texans the benefit of the doubt for now.

I've also read that Greedy is considered soft and not as much of a fit with Texans as some think. Ya Sin is rumored to be ranked higher than Greedy for the Texans.

I'd like to see Justin Layne and Greg Little for the Texans today. I like Risner a lot but I think he will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                        I wouldn't say they panicked. They just stuck to their board. It was no secret that we were drafting an OT so it would naive to think that Texans were unaware of other teams calling to jump them for Dillard. Texans at some point decided that Dillard wasn't worth what was required to give up to draft Dillard. Howard is widely regarded as the OT with the highest ceiling in this draft so i'll give the Texans the benefit of the doubt for now.

I've also read that Greedy is considered soft and not as much of a fit with Texans as some think. Ya Sin is rumored to be ranked higher than Greedy for the Texans.

I'd like to see Justin Layne and Greg Little for the Texans today. I like Risner a lot but I think he will be gone.
                        It is really hard to try and give the Texans the benefit of the doubt when it comes to draft picks....Rick Smith and Charlie Casserley were a disaster for this team....Countless, 2nd 3rd 4th round picks that were complete busts...

Hopefully it has changed

Comment

Little is a project that could pan out. I would not touch Greedy. He is fast and has skills. But, he proved last year that he wants no part of being physical. Just put the ATM tape on. The Texans wasted a high draft pick on a fast worm cb not that long ago. How did that workout?

Whoever grabs the Def End from La Tech will get a solid player.

Comment

Greedy is more like deion than reevis...

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                              It is really hard to try and give the Texans the benefit of the doubt when it comes to draft picks....Rick Smith and Charlie Casserley were a disaster for this team....Countless, 2nd 3rd 4th round picks that were complete busts...

Hopefully it has changed
                              Casserly yes, and Smith was horrible in rounds 2-4 but was actually really good in round 1...... Then he drafted Kevin Johnson

Gaines did really well in last year's draft and I think him and BOB are very much aligned with the style/type of player they want for each position.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                Greedy is more like deion than reevis...

I watched the Bama and aTm games, he needs to start being less Deion and more Reevis lol. Joking aside, he's supremely gifted but I think he will end up being more upside than actual production.

Comment

Working...
                                X