X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha and none others

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      If its rated for it I'd hang a plain 200 yammy 4 stroke.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      This^^^. They are bulletproof.

Comment

Well at least you picked the top two! you really can't go wrong with either, but Yamaha would be my 1 and Suzuki a very close second!

Comment

Suzuki

Comment

Cant go wrong with either in my opinion. I work on a marine unit and will hang either on our work boats. I will not hang another Rude. Have 2 boats with them hung on the back and both are my newest motors. One is in the shop and the other is on the way in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              Well at least you picked the top two! you really can't go wrong with either, but Yamaha would be my 1 and Suzuki a very close second!
              Bingo

Comment

I would go Yamaha. That 175 sho is gonna have more power than that 200 Suzuki. Both are great motors though and built to last.

Comment

The one that got a Dealer and excellent repair shop and will take care of BUSINESS...Warranty/and all repairs ...That is near you....Both are great motors..I would take zuk myself...

Comment

Yamaha only way to go.

Comment

Not sure where your located but if you decide to go with suzuki and your anywhere close to htown call shaver marine in pasadena, best price and service after the sale that I have found. Josh is a good guy, had me repowered in 3 days.

Comment

Look at what most guides run. Yammy 4 stroke or Honda’s

Comment

You are putting it on a pontoon boat I think. It weighs about 2200 lbs that can carry up to 13 people? The SHO is a high performance motor and this would be the wrong application for it. I'm a Yamaha guy for sure, I have a 250 SHO on my Shoalwater and a F 115 on my flounder boat. The SHO is a better high speed motor than a just putting along motor.

Go with the Suzuki it is heavier, slower and quieter and a really good motor

Comment

Yamaha for me. Parts are more expensive and takes longer to get them in but they are solid engines. And it’s rare you’ll need parts.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                              You are putting it on a pontoon boat I think. It weighs about 2200 lbs that can carry up to 13 people? The SHO is a high performance motor and this would be the wrong application for it.

Go with the Suzuki it is heavier, slower and quieter and a really good motor
                              Suzuki for all of az's reasons and then some

Comment

Yamaha 100%. I’ve been running Yamaha’s for many many years and love them. Zero problems ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X