This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photographic Profiles

Welcome to the land of TBH photography. If you are looking for info on what equipment we all use or where to find our photos, this is your first stop. And if you want to brag on your gear, this is the place to do it.

---

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/julieanna

Brand: Nikon

Body: D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8, Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-6.6

Other equipment: Nothing except a few filters, but the Nikon SB400 flash is next on my list. I also have a Nikon Coolpix S7c point-and-shoot, but I never use it, I get too frustrated with the results.

Editing software: Photoshop CS2

Experience: Started with Digital SLR three years ago.

Favorite shot: Using my 50mm f/1.8 for sweet bokeh. And I can't put my camera down when Lacys are around.

I'll play

Photos: Here they are on Flickr

Brand: Canon

Body: 30D

Lenses: Canon 50 f1.8, Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6, Canon 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 17-50 f2.8

Other equipment: 430EX flash, 2 Pocket Wizards, couple of tripods, (3) 2g Sandisk extreme III cards, (1) 1g extreme II card, several filters, wireless remote shutter release, Stofen omni bounce, Tamrac Expedition 5 backpack, Pelican 1500 case.

Editing software: Photoshop CS3

Experience: Started 18 years ago with a photography class in high school. After 18 years, I am just now starting to understand light with a lot of learning still to come. It's a perfect hobby for my attention deficit disorder.

Advice: It's all about the light.
    Last edited by Gerald S; 06-26-2008, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Photos: My Flickr Page

Body: 50D, 20D

Lenses: Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS, Canon 300mm F4L IS, Canon 17-55 f2.8 IS, Canon 85mm f1.8, Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, Canon 50mm f1.8

Other equipment: Sigma DG500 Super External Flash, Stofen Omni-bounce, Gary Fong diffuser, various filters, Bogen/Manfrotto tripod and monopod, Cable remote release, Gepe Card Safe Extreme, Tamrac Expedition 3 backpack, Pelican 1500 case, Tenba Shootout Backpack.

Editing software: Photoshop CS4

Experience: Started with Film SLR 20+ years ago. I've shot with a Minolta X370 SLR, Canon EOS Elan II and my current equipment.

Favorite shots: Love trying to capture all manner of wildlife. I'm most pleased with my hummingbird and deer photos. I'm hoping to give macro photography a try soon.

Comment

Photos: Flickr is my !!

Brand: Mostly Canon

Body: S5

Lenses: It's a Point and Shoot

Other equipment:
        Nifty camera bag from Lowepro http://www.lowepro.com/
        Velbon tripod with 2-way fluid head
        Bogen monopod
        Bogen 3-way pan/tilt head

Editing software: Photoshop 7.0

Experience: I did photojournalism all through highschool and college but I still feel like a beginner and I'm always looking to improve. My first camera was a Pentax K1000 (the ULTIMATE first camera ) with 50mm 2.8 lens. Second camera was a Canon Rebel G with kit lens and Sigma 70-200 zoom lens. Digitals include Canon S1, Sony DSC-H5 (borrowed when S1 quit working!) and Canon S5.
        I did some contract work for Nooner Ranch and Artemis Outdoors in 2007...and many of those photos appear Here as well as in the September '07 issue of TTHA magazine.

Favorite shots: Everything! Animal, vegetable, mineral, or other! Dogs and deer are particularly interesting to me.

Comment

Photos: My SmugMug Page

Body: 400D Digital Rebel XTi

Lenses: Canon EF 70-200mm f4L, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM, Canon 17-55mm f3.5, Canon 50mm f1.8, Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124AF Pro DX

Other equipment: Various filters, Amvona carbon tripod w/ball head, monopod, Remote release (thanks Casey!), Tamrac Adventure 7 backpack.

Editing software: Photoshop CS3, Photomatix, Dynamic-PhotoHDR

Experience: Started with 35mm SLR 25+ years ago on a Minolta X-700 and X-370 SLRs. Various digital point-and-shoots (and digital processing) for the last few years. Got the digital SLR in January of this year.

Favorite shots: I like landscapes, with sunrises and sunsets being my favorites - LOVE the good light. Also like wildlife photography and wildflowers/cactus blooms. I really need a macro lens....and a 400mm tele.....and a 1.4x teleconverter....and a good flash....and faster versions of my current lenses....and a 40D....and.....

Comment

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7135083@N05/

Body: 30D

Lenses: Canon 50 f1.4, Canon 24-105 f4L

Other equipment: 430EX flash, Bogen tripods, Sandisk cards, several filters, wired shutter release, Lowepro Nova 2 AW, Crumpler Industry Disgrace neck strap

Editing software: Who needs it? I have photoshop 7.0 but it doesn't work for some reason.

Experience: Been aggravating my family for years. Bought my DSLR last summer.

Advice: Don't listen to me.

Comment

Photos: Bill in Texas flickr

Brand: Olympus

Body: by Jenny Craig (Evolt E-500 and E-510, trading the 500 for a 520 next month)

Lenses: ZD 14-42 f3.5-5.6 (kit), ZD 11-22 f2/8-3.5 ED, ZD 14-54 f2.8-3.5, ZD 35-100 f2.0 ED, ZD 50-200 f2.8-3.5 ED, Sigma 50-500 f4-6.3 EX (it's a red letter day!)

Other equipment: Oly F50 flash, Bogen tripods and monopod, wireless remote release, filters, Gary Fong lightsphere II, other stuff that gets in the way and too small a bag.

Editing software: PS Elements 5.0 and CS2, Neat Image and Focus Magic

Experience: 54 years worth

Advice: Don't listen to Rod.

Comment

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/prosser94/

Body: D40

Lenses: 18-55mm and 55-200mm

Other equipment:
                Doncom

Editing software: None

Experience: None

Favorite shots: Any that come out in focus

Advice: Don't ask me

Comment

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26495781@N03/

Brand: Panasonic

Body: FZ-30

Lenses: Just the one on the Camera

Other equipment: To broke for extras

Editing software: None

Experience: None

Favorite shots: Any that come out in focus

Advice: Don't ask me

Almost the same as Jaspro's

Comment

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25929758@N06/

Body: D300 & D80

Lenses:
                    Nikor 50mm f1.4
                    AF Nikkor 24mm f2.8D
                    AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f2.8D
                    AF-S Nikkor 17-55mm f2.8 G ED
                    AF Nikkor 70-210mm f4-5.6
                    AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 VR
                    Nikkor 300mm f2.8 D
                    AF-S Nikkor 300mm f4
                    Sigma 18-35 f 3.5-4.5
                    Nikon SB-800

Other equipment: Couple of Nikon N90s'; tripods; filters; etc.

Experience: Started with 4X5 Speed Graphix shortly after the civil war ended.

Favorite shot: Patron with Legdog and Mary

Comment

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingdesigns

Body: 40D

Point and Shoot: Canon SD1100 IS

Lenses:
                      Canon100-400 L F4.5 - 5.6
                      Canon 18-55 IS
                      Sigma 100 DG 1:1 Macro f2.8
                      Canon 75-300mm IS F4-5.6 (Buyer flaked, need to put back for sale)
                      Canon 500D 77mm Close up lens

Other equipment:
                      Canon 430EX Flash
                      Avmona Tripod w/ Bogen 3030 Head
                      Bogen 3249B Monopod w/ 3055 Ballhead
                      Tamrac Cyberpack 8 bag

Editing software: Photoshop CS3 w/ Neat Image Plug-In

Experience: Around 3 years with a DSLR. I take a lot of photos for the Double C Ranch in Crystal City, TX. I think most of the rooms at the ranch have a 16x24 photo that I took while at the ranch (different ones). Before that, mostly camcorder work back to 1999 when I joined this site.

Favorite shot: If I had my choice it would be deer size animals and macro once the deer/axis/bb/oryx/etc stop moving.

Comment

Mi Flickr-o

Brand: Nikon (of course) hehehe

Body: D200

Lenses: Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-6.6 (yep, I have lens envy)

Other equipment: Nikon SB800

Experience: Started with shooting stills on my video camera cause it was "all about the video" on Texasbowhunter.com. I have zero training in photography.

Favorite shot: When the storm was moving in and the sun hit the luna house, I found myself hyperventillating.

Mentor slash guy who got me thinking about capturing better images:Mark Morgan

Comment

Photos: Captured Light

Body: D300

Lenses:

18-200MM F/3-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor
                          70-200mm F2.8 G ED-IF VR AF-S Lens - Nikkor
                          170-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG AF - Sigma

Other equipment: Pelican roller bag, Thinktankphoto modular system

Editing software: Photoshop CS3; Lightroom

Experience: Everything I can pry from Doncom's book of magic

Favorite shot: Another Journey

Mentor: Steven Leggett

I took snap shoots with a DSLR until I started to notice that Leggy had some photos I needed learn more about. His composition, use of light and vivid colors were what I needed to achieve my next level of photography. Now several thousands of dollars later and I am still attempting to copy photography style.

Comment

Photos: Some on here. Most, in my coffee table book.

Camera Body: Canon Rebel Xti.10.1 mp

Lenses: Canon Super Wide Angle EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM AF, Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS Image Stabilizer USM. Kenko 1.5x TC for the 300 mm. Lens hoods and lens maintenance stuff.

Accessories: 24” shutter release. RC shutter release. Tripods. A Monopod. A few sandbags for the truck window. Occasionally lucky.

Editing: Photoshop Elements 4, Canon software with camera. Roxio Photosuite. Corel Photo-Paint at work.

Experience: Art School where you learn in 3 days or less that all of the compliments from friends and family were OK but making the big time just got washed out by some seriously talented people.
                            All sorts of cameras and film but the Canon Xti digitally reproduces what I see better than anything I’ve ever laid my hands on. A 40D for speed is on the wish list.

Favorite Subjects: Birds, for the moment.

Mentor: Leon Crooks a retired Kodak Master who knew what to do in any situation that came along.

Comment

PHOTOS: Pixel Pirate

BRAND & BODIES: Canon D350 (DSLR), Olympus 770SW (P&S), Canon A1 (SLR) & Vivitar 450SLD (SLR)

LENSES:

Canon D350 DSLR: Sigma Super Wide Angle AF 17-70mm f/2.8 DC Macro; Canon EF-S f/3.5 18-55mm; Canon EFf4.5 70-300mm IS; MC Zenitar f/2.8 16mm FishEye; Kenco 1.4x Teleconverter

Canon A1 SLR: Canon f/1.8 50mm; Canon f/5.6 300mm; Sun f/3.8 Macro 35-200mm mc zoom dc-1; Vivitar f/2.8 28-90mm Macro; Canon 2x Teleconverter

Vivitar 450SLD: Vivitar 50mm f/1.8; Vivitar 75mm f/1.8; Vivitar 2x Teleconverter

OTHER EQUIPMENT: Canon RC1 Wireless Remote; Bilora Brass Alloy Tripod; LowePro shoulder bags; B+W Circular Polarizer and UV Filters DSLR; Canon UV and B&W Color filters 35mm

EDITING SOFTWARE: Photoshop 7.0, PaintShop Pro 8; Picasa 3.0

EXPERIENCE: Started shooting 35mm film back in 1968 (4th & 5th grade school program - Introduction to Photography). Shot 35mm film up to 2001 and then added digital into the mix. I continue to learn.

FAVORITE SUBJECTS: Nature photography, most particularly wildlife photography, is my favorite subject. I’m not much into portraits, people or scenes urban in nature. I will do it periodically but I’m thinking “out there.” Shots off the beaten path, away from the day to day, are what I really enjoy. The Ocean, Hills/Mountains or Desert are my favorite places to shoot. Big wild critters with 4 legs, all species, gets my heart pounding.
                              Last edited by AtTheWall; 06-27-2008, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X