My little slice of Gods country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little slice of Gods country

Owning a little piece of land for a weekend getaway has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid. How, where, and how big was to be determined, but I always knew it would be later than sooner. Things didn't always go as planned. At 21 I took in a little girl as my own and also had a pregnant girlfriend. I knew me and her wouldn't work out so child support would be a major factor in buying my "ranch" Well I ended up with full custody of the baby, and as you may have seen earlier this week, adopted the first little girl. A 30 year house note would also slow down my purchase. Along with lots of other things, my dream seemed to become more and more exactly that, a dream.
    Me and dad were shooting the bull the other day and I said something about wanting to buy a little something and he had "that look" on his face like he had something up his sleeve.
    False hope, he didn't mention anything. The next day I stopped by to help him work on his airplane a little and he told me to go inside, his wife wanted to talk to me. Kind of weird, but ok. I go inside and and after a little small talk she tells me that her and her sister inherited 22 acres with a camp house on it in the woods about an hour and a half up the road. IM ALL EARS. She has already talked to her sister and she is willing to sell me her half for almost nothing, less than you could buy a used side by side, ALMOST NOTHING. On top of that, my step mom is willing to give me 5 acres of hers. That is 16 acres for ALMOST NOTHING. On top of that I have full run of the place, "treat it as your own". She just wants to keep 6 acres and the camp in case I ever decided to sell, she would still have a little something. I knew, I knew that look on dads face. So I basically got 22 acres with a camp house for almost nothing. This might not sound like much to some, but to me it is my little slice of Gods country. There is a lot of work to be done and it will be a slow process, but I've got a lifetime to play with this place. It needs a name, and I need ya'lls help with that.
    Anyhow on to a few pictures. This is a satelite pic of the place with the camp outlined
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434859811.359796.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	25058336
    This is the camp house as it sits

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434859847.522036.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	25058337
    The kitchen

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434859873.903582.jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	25058338
    The living room from each end

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434859914.104418.jpg
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	25058339

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434859926.205025.jpg
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	25058340
    And the bedroom from each end

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434859960.371059.jpg
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	25058341

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434859971.371969.jpg
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	25058342
    So bear with me as I fix up my little place. Btw today was the first time I saw it, and I jumped a deer about 30 yards from the camp house.

Very nice!

Comment

Looks like the whole place would be a bedding area.

Comment

Man that's awesome!! Congrats on the new place

Comment

Awesome story. Awesome adventure!

Comment

Man you hit it BIG TIME. Land and a house....shoot. Congrats, I have the same dream, I want lots of pictures of progress. What is the order of business after you come down from cloud 9?

Comment

Awesome! Congrats, lots of great memories on the way for you

Comment

First thing is get the house and yard in order, the sooner I can get it live able for the kids and momma, the sooner I can spend lots more time up there. Then from there it will be a good trail or two thru the property and foodplot. More than food plots though, I think I'm going to plant some trees. Apple, pear, persimmon, then some nuts, chestnuts, and several different species of oaks

Comment

Chase,
                  This is awesome news. Can not wait to see your progress.

Congrats. Good things happen to good people.

Comment

Woohoo! Great news! Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Seems like you have been rewarded ten fold . Now y'all have a great place to spend time with the family & living the dream !!

Comment

Awesome place man, it's great when good things happen to good people. Should be an awesome weekend place for you and your family!

Comment

Congrats. God is good.

Comment

Congratulations. I'm sure you and the girls will love it.

Comment

Fantastic! Nice to have a getaway of your own and close too!

Comment

Working...
                              X