Crankbait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crankbait

Those fishing deep cranks in the 12-20ft range. Are you finding better luck with or without rattles at this time. Read a pretty interesting tread on another fishing forum about the difference. Went 2 weeks ago to lake conroe and could not get a bite running in that range on one that rattled.

DD22 is a killa

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      DD22 is a killa
      So Double Down is making crankbaits now?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Yep $69.99 each

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
          Those fishing deep cranks in the 12-20ft range. Are you finding better luck with or without rattles at this time. Read a pretty interesting tread on another fishing forum about the difference. Went 2 weeks ago to lake conroe and could not get a bite running in that range on one that rattled.
          I don't think it really matters.

Comment

I like the old balsa Poe crankers. I kinda believed rattles are good during spawn, pre and post spawn and murkier water. Clear water, bass lateral lines pick up the vibe and sight em in.

However, in South Florida, Lake Okeechobee we don’t crank much until the dog days of summer (now). Our fish are lethargic in the heat and mostly shallow water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              I don't think it really matters.
              That’s was my thought as well but curious as to what others were seeing. I try both and see which one catches more at the time based on what the water is telling me. Kind of like “what life color” should I throw.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                The DD cranks were around before Double Downs daddy grew a hair on his balls.

Comment

I approach cranking just as any other technique. When finesse is required, i.e., cold or really hot subtle no rattle. When conditions are perfect, i.e., wind and overcast rattle away.

Comment

Im throwing 12" red shad on shakey head for those deep water hot days. Its working on Fork.

OP I agree DD22 as well.
                    Last edited by Spearchunker; 07-17-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Yep $69.99 each
                      Man I would hate to loose that one

Comment

Man I hope you don't take this wrong way....but your way overthinking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          The DD cranks were around before Double Downs daddy grew a hair on his balls.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by McElroyBowHunt View Post
                            I approach cranking just as any other technique. When finesse is required, i.e., cold or really hot subtle no rattle. When conditions are perfect, i.e., wind and overcast rattle away.
                            This is my approach.
                            Usually I start with a c-rig for structure and drop shot for a brush pile before I get aggressive with a deep diver.

Comment

DD22 and hotlips express deep cranks are hard to beat for that depth. Throw them on a big glass rod and slow reel.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X