Anyone Fish Baffin Bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Fish Baffin Bay?

Heading to the ranch this weekend for a little casting and blasting. I have never fished there or anywhere near there. I actually haven’t fished saltwater consistently since 2002 so I’m looking for some pointers.

I’m looking to pick up a couple of rods and hot baits for the trip. May even consider some reels if I can’t find anything old I have lying around I want to use.

What are the baits I shouldn’t leave the dock without?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't want to throw live croaker then I would take some gambler flappin shad in port-o-copper, Laguna glass, pink. 1/16 or 1/8oz jigheads. Maybe a bone spook jr for the first 30 minutes of light. I like lews bait casting reels on a Waterloo salinity rod, windtamer 20lb test braid.

Comment

Down south lure In kicking chicken color is a go to in baffin for me

Comment

Salt water assiassin sand eels in kicking chicken in clear water and plum chartreuse tail if it's a little off color. And if all else fails you can never go wrong with a good old Berkly Gulp shrimp in new penny under a Cajun thunder popping cork. Oh yeah please be very cautious with that area if you've never been there. Those rocks can ruin your year quick.

Comment

Anyone Fish Baffin Bay?

The flats have been good early with the drop offs adjacent to the Mouth of Baffin proper producing later in the day. Gamblers and Down South produce well right now.

Comment

Down South Lures watermelon chartreuse is my go to for tails and bone hologram SSjr for a topwaters.

Comment

This is what I have from years ago and non of it has been used. I do have another box full of slip weights, steel leaders, and some other stuff.

I just realized I have no hooks other than jig heads[emoji23].

Comment

To make it short and sweet, you've got too many choices. You're carrying more popping corks than I have lures
                If you bought some rods and reels when you filled those boxes they will probably be unused too

Good luck!

Comment

My son and I have been catching reds on the flats with weed-less gold spoons in less than 2' of water.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                    To make it short and sweet, you've got too many choices. You're carrying more popping corks than I have lures

If you bought some rods and reels when you filled those boxes they will probably be unused too

Good luck!

I almost did but the trip I had got canceled.

Comment

I used to go to Baffin every year for a week in the spring time and every time it was always adventure. Got stuck out there I believe out by the land cut in a thunderstorm end up tying off to a house out there and just sat on the deck and drank beer and watched the lightning show it was crazy. My buddy swears he got struck by lighting threw a ground rod on the house! After storm passed the fishing pole were humming from all the lighting. I heard its possible but did not believe it tell I actually heard it for myself.

No help on fishing lures just miss going out there every year

Comment

Working...
                      X