Here's Why ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's Why ---

Why we shouldn't mess around with wild critters without taking precautions--

Twenty-one people are receiving rabies exposure treatment after they visited a baby raccoon at the home of a woman in southern Weld County, creating what health officials said is the largest rabies…

Yep it’s nature, if it’s “abandoned” which it probably wasn’t, let nature take its course.

Please add this to the coon thread, it’s probably taking a nap now.

Comment

Anybody know, what a series of rabies shots cost ?

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
        Anybody know, what a series of rabies shots cost ?
        You reckon they got a group discount?

Comment

you want zombieland? because this is how you get zombieland.

Comment

In 1998 a buddy of mine got bit by a rabid coon. The vaccination was covered by his insurance (I bet it isn't now!). He told me it would have cost him a little over $1200. No idea what current cost is on rabies. My buddy did tell me that the amount of vaccine depends on your body weight. The more vaccine you need to the higher the cost. So big fellas need to stay away from rabies!!!!

Comment

"typically exceeds $3,000."

The costs of rabies prevention in the US include the vaccination of companion animals; animal control programs; maintenance of rabies laboratories; and medical costs; such as those incurred for rabies postexposure prophylaxis (PEP). Estimates exceed $300 million annually.

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
                You reckon they got a group discount?
                Mine were about $3400 six years ago. If you are concerned about exposure, the time to act is now. Death by rabies could be pretty unpleasant. There is no cure once it is contracted.

Comment

I guess you don't have to get bit to get rabies.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                    I guess you don't have to get bit to get rabies.
                    No sir. Exposure to saliva, blood or other fluids can potentially transfer the disease.

Comment

Wow. She wasn’t all that bright..

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                        Mine were about $3400 six years ago. If you are concerned about exposure, the time to act is now. Death by rabies could be pretty unpleasant. There is no cure once it is contracted.
                        Couple of years back there was a case of someone with rabies surviving---only case on the books.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                          No sir. Exposure to saliva, blood or other fluids can potentially transfer the disease.

I never wore gloves when handling animals until I joined TBH. I’ve cleaned coons, handled possums, hogs, javelinas, deer, Nilgai, gators, nutria, and countless other critters without gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X