No announcement yet.

TBH Cycling Thread - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked these up thinking they would work for the mtb. Didn’t realize there wasn’t a platform on each side and can’t return. Brand new. $35 TYD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
      The 1up stuff looks like the best for sure. I’ll probably get something lesser used for now. Did what you gave break? Wondering what to stay away from.

I just have a cheap 3 bike hanging rack, its just plain worn out and the straps are old and dry rotting..

On the pedals what are you wanting platforms or clipless?

Comment

I'm a gear nut and sucker for a sale- bad combo. I had been looking at the clipless pedals that still had a bit of a platform and thought that's what these were. It would basically be the side you see with a clip. Be a while before I want to try them anyway so thought someone may want them. I'll toss them in the cabinet if not.

Comment

The Trek 2019 lineup is going to be available on September 10th. My son is going to get a new ride for his birthday. The Trek Roscoe is a sweet bike. I just found out that they are offering it in a 24" kids model now. I am going to pre-order the Silver/Blue this week. For an 8 year olds introduction to Mountain biking it will be awesome. Total weight is 25 pounds. It is a 1x8 setup with disc brakes and 2.8 tires!! Doesn't need a suspension fork with that much cushion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Roscoe24_22705_A_Alt1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	24543676

Name:	Roscoe24_22705_A_Alt2.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	24543677

Name:	Roscoe24_22705_A_Alt3.jpg
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	24543678

Name:	Roscoe24_22705_A_Alt4.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	24543679

Name:	Roscoe24_22705_A_Alt5.jpg
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	24543680

Name:	Roscoe24_22705_A_Alt6.jpg
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	24543681

Name:	Roscoe24_22705_A_Hero.jpg
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	24543682

Name:	Roscoe24_22705_A_Portrait.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	24543683

Name:	Roscoe24_22705_A_Primary.jpg
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	24543684

Comment

Bike is ordered. Should be in around September 20 or so. His Birthday is October 15th. Perfect timing since I have to miss it again.

Comment

Wife just sent me some pics. I am stoked, although she is playing teaser and won't send me anymore. I'll fix that when I get home!!!!

Name:	My Frame.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	24543751

Name:	My Frame 2.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	24543752

Comment

Awesome! Can't wait to see more pics. I would love a full build along with part choices included. I don't know how to fully build a bike at the moment but doing it appeals to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  Awesome! Can't wait to see more pics. I would love a full build along with part choices included. I don't know how to fully build a bike at the moment but doing it appeals to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  I will do a build thread when I get home. I have my wife's bike to build as well. Can't wait!!

Comment

Didn’t realize us dirt guys were welcome here

I’ll play. I mostly do dirt trails around Houston but have a buddy that is hardcore into it and is trying to get me to travel some. Here’s my new sled I just picked up this year.

I’ve added some modifications to it already this is just the stock picture. Looking to do more riding this year.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I prefer dirt.

Name:	garage.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	24543811

Comment

Welp I done done my first ride.... 10 miles may not seem like much to you guys, but my nuts are numb and I was huffing pretty bad!!

That going into the wind stuff is no joke!!

What’s our Strava group so I can stay in touch there??

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                          Welp I done done my first ride.... 10 miles may not seem like much to you guys, but my nuts are numb and I was huffing pretty bad!!

That's a good start - stay after it! On Strava go to "clubs" and look for texasbowhunter. Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by j944 View Post
                            I prefer dirt.
                            [ATTACH]913953[/ATTACH]
                            You should look into Niner's. They're pretty good bikes. [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post

Way to go !!! Ya might want to stop by a local shop and get your bike fitted. That will help out of being comfortable and efficient.

Comment

Thinking about riding from W.S. to Weatherford lake and back tomorrow morning if anyone in FTW area is interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X