House Security Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back up.

Had a 400$ package ripped open and contents stolen from our front poarch yesterday... Welcome to Houston I guess...

Was suppose to have a ring installed on monday and then it was pushed to Tuesday and then nothing from the handyman..... also didn’t know the company sending the package was sending a whole new bag when my wife just needed straps to fix her old bag. Knowing that we would’ve made shipping require a signature...

Have to go wireless so arlo and blink are two of the main ones I’m looking at so any other reviews would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Went ahead with the Blink 3 pack with a extra camera.

Will update on installation and initial thoughts on Monday if I can get it installed up there before I have to come back to San Antonio for work.

Wanted to do more research but with people stealing and knocking on our door without expecting someone and my wife being up there alone we needed something sooner rather than later

Comment

M

My boss just bought a new bldg and installed the Blink system with 4 wireless cameras. He is very impressed and pleased. I’m seriously considering one for my home

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          M

My boss just bought a new bldg and installed the Blink system with 4 wireless cameras. He is very impressed and pleased. I’m seriously considering one for my home
          Great to hear.

Suppose come in on Monday so hopefully can get it installed then and will update from there.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Went ahead with the Blink 3 pack with a extra camera.

Will update on installation and initial thoughts on Monday if I can get it installed up there before I have to come back to San Antonio for work.

Wanted to do more research but with people stealing and knocking on our door without expecting someone and my wife being up there alone we needed something sooner rather than later
            I'm interested in these Blink cameras so please let us know how you like them once you get them up and running

Comment

I recently setup Blink on the outside of two of my places. They work good. I have to take down a wind chime on the porch because it picks up the movement. They had the 5 camera system for $100 off the other day.

The distance the camera can be from the puck is limited. I’m guessing 50 feet or so. It sends me videos and has free cloud storage. Easy to setup but the back cover is hard to get open and closed.

Comment

Arlo Pro wireless (not the Arlo Pro 2s...as others have said they have poor battery life). I have 3 of them on my house and average about 6 months of battery life per camera before recharging. They're awesome and the online service is free.

Comment

I have a GW Security NVR with POE cameras

5 megapixel dome and bullet cameras

5mp=1080p

Resolution is amazing

Alerts and pics sent to your smartphone motion activated

Poe stands for power over ethernet

The camera gets its power from an ethernet cable. Cat 5 or 6 no difference

Saw a 8 megapixel system at Costco made by Lorex

Good brand with tech support

GW also has great support

8mp is the equivalent of 4k video

More than enough to read license plates

I considered arlo too

Resolution is maxed at 720p with Arlo

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

House Security Cameras

Did my original system with Swann but they quit updating their web interface. sold all that and went to Flir/Lorex this year. Setup was as easy as scanning a QR code with my phone. Really happy with it. This is a wired 4 camera system

Comment

Typed up my long initial impression last night right as TBH crashed for a bit apparently so will try again when I have a computer this evening.

Like it overall so far

Comment

Where in Houston did y’all move to, to be getting ripped off that quick???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          Where in Houston did y’all move to, to be getting ripped off that quick???

Just south of Bellaire in Myerland

Comment

Makes sense.

I used to deliver to the Boston market off beechnut, right inside the loop and that place was always sketchy.

I’ll continue to commute.

Comment

House Security Cameras

Attempt #2 posting initial impression:

Set up was easy-

1) Download app
                              2) Plug in the sync box (basically how the cameras communicate to your phone) close to your wifi router for best performance.
                              3) Hook up your sync box to the wifi.
                              4) Once the system is up and running you can start adding cameras. Click the add button then either type in the serial # or you can scan the code with your phone. 2AA batteries per camera and they come with them.
                              5) Place camera in desired location and take a test shot to make sure they are communicating.
                              6) Add the rest of the cameras.

The app is set up where you can take a live photo or video to check in at anytime. When you want to you can arm the system to record anywhere from 5 sec videos to 1 min and sent to the cloud for storage along with you being notified on your phone when motion is detected. We have 4 cameras and can select/deselect which ones you want armed and detecting motion which is a nice feature. Video quality is fine and no major complaints as of yet. 1 way audio so you can listen in to video.

Cons:
                              1) There looks to be a 2-3 second lag on video but that very well could be how I am mounting the cameras and need to point them at a better angle to catch motion sooner.
                              2) The outdoor mounts I bought (3 pack for 15$ expectations were not very high) Get the job done but will only deter a thief from stealing the cameras themselves if they wanted for 15-20 seconds before they have them screwed off. (I'm dealing with low outside walls so a chance I'm having to risk)

Here are a few photos of the app for a idea.
                              The folder in the top right is where your videos are stored and tells you how much storage you have left along with how often you want things written over to maintain enough storage room. The running guy symbol is what you can select and deselect for motion detection. The lines with scroll dots is the settings for each camera.
                              Its always displaying the newest photo on the home screen.

Overall satisfied and will update as it goes on. Storage is free and no monthly fees. Also the Camera's are strictly battery powered but have a micro usb (I believe) plug in for a hard power connect and I plan on doing that for the inside camera.

Tip: Prime day is July 16th for amazon prime members and in the past they discount their products more often then not so could be a time to save on the system since its a amazon product if you are interested.
                              Last edited by 150class; 07-04-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Bumping this up... I'm looking at adding cameras since my truck was broken into last night.

Are you guys still happy with your camera setups?

I have ADT alarm, does anyone run their camera systems?

Anything new out there that I should look into getting? My budget is around $500 or less.

Comment

Working...
                                X