No announcement yet.

mt. lion alert! wimberley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats historically occupied every county in Texas. Don’t know why anyone would second guess one being in Wimberley.

Comment

Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
      Cats historically occupied every county in Texas. Don’t know why anyone would second guess one being in Wimberley.
      Uh oh a Wimberly expert will be along soon I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        Uh oh a Wimberly expert will be along soon I am sure.
        Again?

Comment

That picture is of a bobcat, not a mountain lion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            This is a little better than supposed sightings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Much more accurate . I know in growing up in Llano/Burnet county there have been confirmed kills.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
              That was easy

Comment

My brother saw one in the spring of 2016 in Mills county. He really has no reason to lie to me. Was on a public dirt road about one mile east of the Colorado river on cnty rd 414. He has since passed away. Was it a mountain lion who knows. He and I have been ranchers together for close to 45 years. We see Bobcats, coyotes, etc all the time. Sorry no pics.
                Last edited by doghouse; 03-04-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  My brother saw one in the spring of 2016 in Mills county. He really has no reason to lie to me. Was on a public dirt road about one mile east of the Colorado river on cnty rd 414. He has since passed away. Was it a mountain lion who knows. He and I have been ranchers together for close to 45 years. We see Bobcats, coyotes, etc all the time. Sorry no pics.
                  Mark I believe you and I know when you text me that Kent saw a lion was about the same time we were seeing less deer around the river. We have a little cave/den on the bluff on the river that dang sure looks " catty"

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    Much more accurate . I know in growing up in Llano/Burnet county there have been confirmed kills.
                    Two different types of maps from two different time periods.

Comment

I doubt many people lie about it. As the pictures show, they just don't know what they are looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        I doubt many people lie about it. As the pictures show, they just don't know what they are looking at.
                        I agree but there was several sightings within a few days close to this area. Are they all wrong I have no clue. Carry on..

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          I'm willing to bet that Mark and Kent has collectively spent more time in the woods aka " the ranch" then you and I combined. If Kent said he saw a Mt Lion then it was a mountain lion. They know what a bobcat looks like and a house cat. If you've grown up in the country you know the animals.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that Mark and Kent has collectively spent more time in the woods aka " the ranch" then you and I combined. If Kent said he saw a Mt Lion then it was a mountain lion. They know what a bobcat looks like and a house cat. If you've grown up in the country you know the animals.
                            I'm not talking about what anyone "saw" I'm talking about the game cam pics that are posted as ML's that are clearly BC's. People see what they want to see.

Comment

Thanks Brandon. Don't claim to be an expert but have seen lots of critters over the years. I have never seen a mountain lion in my 63 years. My brother had no reason to lie to me. We have cams all over our land and have never got a pic of one. Was he mistaken? Could have been but I doubt it. Carry on young ones!

Comment

Thanks Brandon. Don't claim to be an expert but have seen lots of critters over the years. I have never seen a mountain lion in my 63 years. My brother had no reason to lie to me. We have cams all over our land and have never got a pic of one. Was he mistaken? Could have been but I doubt it. Carry on young ones!
                                Mark I've seen 3. Before you sent the text about Kents sighting I told dad we have a cat working the river. He asked how do I know and I told him because all deer disappeared along the river in our NW side. Same would happen at ex-Inlaws place in south Texas. Big cat showed up everything got skittish and stupid, horses, cattle, and deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X