It's in the air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's in the air

The broadheads are mounted the bow is tuned now it's a waiting game. This year I'm hunting a new setup which will have me shooting from an elevated position at about 20 yards. Bow is a Morrison wood ilf handle and a set of crooked dryad acs recurve limbs mounted upside down lol. The limbs are straighter mounted this way. 50@31 70# cedars topped with 150 grizzly broadheads. Total arrow weigh about 600grains. I have a big boar who I hope will show up this year when I'm there. Who else is chomping at the bit for October?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm more than wanting it here but I can't wait until then. It's going to be cooler this week and if we get a real supply of gas going I'll have to find a place to shoot a pig. BW PSAV 58" 53lb@28. Black Eagle Vintage arrows topped with 175 grain Griz Stix and Woodsman heads.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
      Last edited by DRT; 09-03-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I like that setup Drt

Comment

Comment

It's in the air

I'm in the middle of a house remodel nightmare, so you can bet I'm ready to spend some time in a blind at my brand new property!

Sarrels Blueridge longbow; 50@29. Easton FMJ with a German Kinetic broadhead up front. Total arrow weight = 563gr.

13yds from my chair to directly under the feeder!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That looks like Fredericksburg area bish

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
                That looks like Fredericksburg area bish

About 2hrs west of there, just out of Sonora.

Bisch

Comment

This is my other setup. The same 13yds from my chair to under the feeder!

Bisch

Comment

Very nice some big bucks out there. I'm going to hand corn the area in front of me which will put them in a nice range for me. I swapped out the grizzlies for some snuffers going to see how they fly tomorrow. I need big blood trails with my color blind self grizzly work good but thinking three blades might be better

Comment

By the look of that feeder pen, I would say you are tired of feeding pigs.
                      Bisch, I like that yardage. I got to hunt just north of Sonora last season a few times. Saw Lots of deer, good luck to you.

Comment

It's a trap and feeder pen. I have the panels down in one side for season

Comment

Working...
                        X