Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    Agree with you Curt.

I wish folks would get just as upset over BLM.

Muslims sympathetic to ISIS are just as dangerous as those sympathetic to the Nazi's beliefs.

People have no problem calling out white folks all over the news media, but are silent or even supportive of other hateful non white groups.

Comment

There's another group that should be included on this thread. Although they aren't heard of much we have all shared a moment or two. The People of Walmart. Yes its all fun and games while looking at their situations online, but its no laughing matter if you get stuck behind one of these slumbering pajama wearing slugs.

That being said, all the hate and protests aren't what we need. The current issues are only servicing one persons ideology and just because you are holding a sign or tiki torch, doesn't make you right. The dividing needs to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        Both sides are shameful.

The KKK - nazi guys are idiots but those BLM and Antiwhatever folks trying to erase history kinda makes the hair stand up on my neck.

Gather them all up and put them in Texas stadium with a crate of machetes.
        Then drown what ever is left the next morning

Well said Buff, History is not to be wiped out but to remember
        how it came about!!!! Both sides share the blame equally but
        politically correct is totally to blame for the mess we are in and
        fanning the flames of hate.

Comment

Just my .02 but I believe there is a basic assumption in the Constitution. That assumption is that American society will remain moral. I believe this because without morality freedom does not work. Thus the Constitution in general will not work. Morality is not how we judge others but how we judge ourselves. I see the BLM and the KKK as peas in a pod. They don't look in the mirror and say how am I going to be a better person today than I was yesterday. (This is how I see morality) They both are lacking in this department.

They both believe that the color of skin they see gives them "moral authority." Strange that they both see the same thing, and do the same thing. They both claim 1st amendment protection. To portray one as "left" and one as "right" is wrong. Where the heck does that leave me other than stuck between these two evils?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            I am pretty much a free speech absolutist. One of the best features of freedom of speech is that it makes it easier to spot the idiots. There is a growing sentiment in some quarters that "hate speech is not free speech". The problem with that is, there is no "limiting principal" - the definition of "hate speech" will continue to expand to merely unpopular or unconventional views. (it is already happening) And the bigger question is who gets to decide what crosses the line to prohibited speech? These repugnant hate groups represent a fraction of 1% of the population, but with all the publicity they are getting their numbers are likely to grow. The best thing that could happen is for everyone to ignore them - no counter protests, no media coverage. Let them march around by themselves until they get bored and go back home to their pathetic, angry lives. Ignoring them won't happen of course, because the media will always jump on the chance to use these demonstrations as a way to paint everyone on the right as vicious hate-mongers
            I'm with him.

Hate filled people (of all bents) will always exist. I much prefer they be seen in the bright light of day than have them hiding in the shadows like the cockroaches they are. I see this latest episode as just an extension of what our government allowed and could be argued it encouraged over the last 8 years. If you want to peacefully display to the world your bigotry, go for it. Our government somewhere along the way decided it was ok for people to shut down free speech through violent means.

Comment

However repulsive it may be do not the white power folks have the protection of the constitution to buy a permit and stand at a monument and speak with out antifa showing up with the sole intention of violence?
              There have been many KKK type rally's on courthouse steps in my lifetime and I do not recall many of them getting out of hand like this one did. They stood there and preached their stupidity, likely did not convince anyone to join them then filtered away to their trailer parks. Antifa and BLM on the other hand simply show up when someone is to speak that has differing opinions and create havoc and violence.
              They are given free reign of a city/college campus to destroy and assult anyone who they do not agree with. With out the freedom to assemble, speak we are no different than china, Venezuela or Nazi Germany.

Comment

I say again, the First Amendment ends when violence is used as a tool in the exercise of it.
                These ANTI-whatever's can stand in the street, across the street or wherever and yell, scream, wave banners, and make all manner of noise and march against one another, but the one(s) that strike out in violence by vandalism, bodily injury, destruction of property, arson and any other act of physical violence, crosses the line and there is NO 1st amendment right that covers THAT, PERIOD! If law enforcement would step in and arrest or do whatever is necessary to put a stop to the violence, and prosecute each and every one of them to the fullest extent of the law, this would end 90% of all this mess. Without violence, the media would go look for something else to cover because it gets boring after a while watching 2 groups (or more) of idiots yellin' and screaming at one another in exercising their 1st amendment rights... That don't get ratings for the MSM.

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, nazi lives do not matter...they need culled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    I am pretty much a free speech absolutist. One of the best features of freedom of speech is that it makes it easier to spot the idiots. There is a growing sentiment in some quarters that "hate speech is not free speech". The problem with that is, there is no "limiting principal" - the definition of "hate speech" will continue to expand to merely unpopular or unconventional views. (it is already happening) And the bigger question is who gets to decide what crosses the line to prohibited speech? These repugnant hate groups represent a fraction of 1% of the population, but with all the publicity they are getting their numbers are likely to grow. The best thing that could happen is for everyone to ignore them - no counter protests, no media coverage. Let them march around by themselves until they get bored and go back home to their pathetic, angry lives. Ignoring them won't happen of course, because the media will always jump on the chance to use these demonstrations as a way to paint everyone on the right as vicious hate-mongers
                    Well said. Nearly my thoughts exactly. "Hate speech" is also subjective, which poses a whole other issue in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      I say again, the First Amendment ends when violence is used as a tool in the exercise of it.
                      These ANTI-whatever's can stand in the street, across the street or wherever and yell, scream, wave banners, and make all manner of noise and march against one another, but the one(s) that strike out in violence by vandalism, bodily injury, destruction of property, arson and any other act of physical violence, crosses the line and there is NO 1st amendment right that covers THAT, PERIOD! If law enforcement would step in and arrest or do whatever is necessary to put a stop to the violence, and prosecute each and every one of them to the fullest extent of the law, this would end 90% of all this mess. Without violence, the media would go look for something else to cover because it gets boring after a while watching 2 groups (or more) of idiots yellin' and screaming at one another in exercising their 1st amendment rights... That don't get ratings for the MSM.

A lot of truth here.

Comment

The point of my original post was the fact that American men could unite with the Nazi party. An ideology that good men fought and died to crush. I don't disagree that they have the "right" to protest, I'm more shocked that anyone can confuse being an American and being a Nazi. There was **** sure a time when you couldn't be both.

Comment

Dont really care about free speech when it comes to Nazi talk. I think there is a clear line in the sand called common sense. White pride and black pride and whatever other pride is not the same as Nazi talk. You can talk positively about yourself without insulting and degrading the existence of those that are different.

And the confederate flag was a flag flown of traitors who lost a war. Get rid of it and every leader of them that you want.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            The point of my original post was the fact that American men could unite with the Nazi party. An ideology that good men fought and died to crush. I don't disagree that they have the "right" to protest, I'm more shocked that anyone can confuse being an American and being a Nazi. There was **** sure a time when you couldn't be both.
                            Still can't Curt! That is the oxymoron of oxymoron's! Just flat don't compute...

Comment

Can someone explain to me why ANTIFA is getting a free pass? The KKK had a permit to protest there. The group ANTIFA showed up without a permit, and with baseball bats looking for a fight. They got exactly what they wanted.

Let's play devils advocate. What if it was a BLM protest who had a right to be there. Then the KKK shows up with baseball bats looking to incite violence. Who would be the bad guys all over the news right now?

I in no way support ANY hate group/racially decisive group etc., but it's hypocritical to not condemn both groups involved.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                Dont really care about free speech when it comes to Nazi talk. I think there is a clear line in the sand called common sense. White pride and black pride and whatever other pride is not the same as Nazi talk. You can talk positively about yourself without insulting and degrading the existence of those that are different.

And the confederate flag was a flag flown of traitors who lost a war. Get rid of it and every leader of them that you want.
                                So who gets to decide what is ok and what is not?

Comment

Working...
                                X