Ramcat 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
    Never understood why Ramcats are "mechanical". Made it a pain to practice with loose blades, imo.
    They're not a mechanical head. There's no deployment required at impact.

The blades are designed to rotate backwards if the arrow is pulled out of body if you don't get a pass through. This has two benefits; the blades have a rear facing edge so they cut on the way out and it prevents them from being a "barbed" BH. Some states don't allow barbed heads.

They are a pain to practice with due to this but you simply carry an allen wrench are re-tighten every couple of shots. Additionally, the new ones have left hand threads which make them a bit easier to tighten.

Comment

I shoot ACME Road Runner Specials.

Comment

Used to be a all slick tricks in my archery bag, I still like them but decided to shoot ramcats and now this is what my broadhead box looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
          Used to be a all slick tricks in my archery bag, I still like them but decided to shoot ramcats and now this is what my broadhead box looks like.

X2

Comment

Great thread

Comment

Anybody ever shot them through the mesh of a pop up blind? How do they handle that? If not well then I will stick with Slick Trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                I have not found a head yet that will fly like and cut like a Ramcat. They have worked for me from here to the Dark Continent. i have shot a ton of heads and to me nothing compares, even the Slick Tricks and those are some awesome heads.
                I do not care if the blades bend, I have replaced every blade i have shot on almost every head i have ever used. Not a fan of resharpening.
                That being said, a sharp broadhead out of a tuned bow and arrow and the proper shot placement will kill anything you shoot at within reason, short of dangerous game.
                I even know of a gentleman shooiting 62's out af a not very fast Mathews get a complete passthru with the Ramcat on a very large Eland in RSA. The first on ever with this particular outfitter.
                Exodus is another one. I keep both and they're great

Comment

Are these legal in Colorado? I wouldn't see why not, but somebody mentioned they were not in another thread and i can't understand why. I might have to try a pack this year, although I'm pretty sold on the QAD Exodus swept blade, but a little larger cut couldnt hurt.

Comment

I can't see why they wouldn't be, they're not mechanical or barbed...If those are the concerns about CO.

I really don't know their laws....but I did stay at a Motel 6 once.

Like I said, I don't even look at other BH's. I shoot a 1.5" 125 with a high FOC and would use it for anything in the Lower 48.

Comment

Love how they fly. I haven't shot anything with them yet. But I hopefully will this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I switched over to ramcats before last season and I'm not looking back! Fly awesome, quiet in flight, and flat make a hole in critters! I shot a couple deer, a decent sized sow, and a gobbler this spring with them and I don't have one negative thing to say about them! I shot a doe with one this season and when my grandad came up with the truck and looked at the exit he said wait I thought you shot her with your bow? Haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ramcat

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post

If you drill holes in the dividers and get some inserts you can attach the Broadheads to them and they won't rattle around
                          Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-17-2016, 05:09 AM.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the RamCat Diamondbacks. Fly like darts and get awesome penetration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have shot 30 plus white tails with Ramcats. Love them. I shoot everything but older bucks in the shoulders. They blow through both shoulders.
                              As someone mentioned before, I don't even shoot targets with them anymore. They fly exactly like field tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm rapidly becoming a fan of the Ramcats, too. Right now I have Muzzys, too, and they seem to be doing quite well on hogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X