6.5x300 weatherby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5x300 weatherby

anyone on the green screen have one. if so what ammo is performing best for you

130 gr Berger VLD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6.5x300 weatherby

Have you shot animals with it? Curious on the damage it causes

Comment

Originally posted by weminuche View Post

Plenty I'm sure...

Comment

It's probably significant

Comment

Drops’ em in there tracks

Comment

130gr Swift Scirocco has been a killer for me.

jrg

Comment

Does anyone happen to have pics of the devastation it does

Comment

Does anyone happen to have pics of the devastation it does

Just like everything else, it will vary with different types of bullets. I don't have any experience with the 6.5x300, but I've shot lots of other Weatherbys (.224, .240, .257, .270, 7mag, .300). Regardless of bullet design, they all produce a LOT of hydrostatic shock (red jello everywhere), due to the high velocities and energy. Expansive bullets make BIG holes at those speeds. More controlled expansion bullets, like Partitions, don't produce humongous exit wounds unless you hit some big bones and blow them up.

Comment

127 grain Barnes LRX. But I have killed deer with the barnes,Aframe and SP factory loads.

Comment

I don’t understand why they load lighter weight bullets for it. The 6.5 shines with 140 class and heavier bullets, especially when you have the power to push them hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I haven't confirmed it but I've heard from some pretty trustworthy sources that "If all the 6.5-300 WBY owners shot in the same direction at the same time it would cause the earth to stop spinning it is so fast." Also heard from another guy that when you shoot it at the right angle you better duck because the bullet will hit you in the back of head if not.

I said all that to say this. The old mand really likes the 130 gr Scirocco II. Only two pigs killed to date and bullet did what it is supposed to do. Complete pass thru and mush in the middle. just behind the shoulder going in and through the opposite shoulder

Comment

I have a 240 that really loves the 100 gr spitzer and it’s a mean bullet on deer. Thinking about giving the 140 gr spitzer a shot out of the 6.5-300

Comment

The deer I shot with the 140 grain SP’s made a fairly large hole in the deer I killed with this round. The SP’s loaded for the 6.5-300 isn’t the Spitzers that is loaded in the .257,300,.270. It appears to be more like the Hornady SP’s.
                            The Aframes which has a lead exposed SP made less damage.

Comment

I wonder what my 85 grain 6.5mm sierra varminters would do. Laser beam?

Comment

Working...
                              X