New start up business :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New start up business :(

Boy did we get egg all over our faces yesterday in Austin. It was our first day to start delivering concrete, for starters our aggregates were supposed to be delivered Wed afternoon, they did not show up until Thurs morning around 8 a m, we were supposed to be on the job by 9 a m, that did not happen, we were 2 hours late. Then right off the bat we plug the pump, we had over two hundred feet of line out, it was a huge mess, took a couple of hours to get all that taken care of, we finally got 28 yards on the ground after 7 hours, it was a total train wreck, very embarrassing, part of the problem was the pump operator. Today has gone ok so far but the day is not over, keeping fingers crossed, hey if it was easy everyone would do it, right ?

I hope that 28 yards didnt sit on the job all day. I'd send it back to the yard after an hour or so.. coming for a ex concrete finisher nothing worse than a late concrete truck. I dealt with it for years. Glad those days are behind me.. on a small job that really hurts the contractors pocket when hes paying labor to sit and wait on you to show.. sounds like you got the bad day out of the way only way is up from there .hope things work out for you..

Comment

Man I don’t usually send videos but I am. I am a teacher and show this in class. I found it when I first started teaching and I hated it. I love it now and don’t wnna do anything lease. The video is only about 2 minutes but will last in your head forever.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully y'all get into the groove of things. I can see how it could be a headache.

I too, as stated above, deal with this from the other side of the operation. We work on road/tollways and TxDOT/HCTRA will not allow any concrete poured that's over an hour old. More often than not, either the pump or concrete is late. Its crazy how common it is! Couple that with lane closure restrictions (Limited to ~6 hours of work/day) and you can see how timely concrete delivery is absolutely essential when drilling 50+ foot drill shafts (66"D). We have lost many a drill shaft and DAYS of labor due to late concrete/pumps.

Again, hopefully you get it figured out. I'm sure you will. Best of luck to you in your new venture!

Comment

Is this just a venture off your current? Hope everything starts kicking in the right direction for ya!

Comment

What kind of trucks do y'all run? I built and designed mixers for almost 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by thorn4570 View Post
              Great video, sir!

Comment

Man I don’t usually send videos but I am. I am a teacher and show this in class. I found it when I first started teaching and I hated it. I love it now and don’t wnna do anything lease. The video is only about 2 minutes but will last in your head forever.

https://youtu.be/UNQhuFL6CWg
                Good stuff right there!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

https://youtu.be/UNQhuFL6CWg
                  Powerful. Good motivator for me as I have a busted project I need to dig down deep to get back on track

Comment

ok?

Comment

Great post. Awesome video.

Stay in there and make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerRick2012 View Post
                        Great post. Awesome video.

Stay in there and make it work.

Comment

When you get knocked down...you better know your "why" so you can find the reason to get back up and knock that thing OUT!

Great video.

Haverkamp, you know how to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                            I hope that 28 yards didnt sit on the job all day. I'd send it back to the yard after an hour or so.. coming for a ex concrete finisher nothing worse than a late concrete truck. I dealt with it for years. Glad those days are behind me.. on a small job that really hurts the contractors pocket when hes paying labor to sit and wait on you to show.. sounds like you got the bad day out of the way only way is up from there .hope things work out for you..
                            We have volumetric trucks, mix onsite, can sit all day if need be, today did go better, will se what tomorrow brings.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                              Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully y'all get into the groove of things. I can see how it could be a headache.

I too, as stated above, deal with this from the other side of the operation. We work on road/tollways and TxDOT/HCTRA will not allow any concrete poured that's over an hour old. More often than not, either the pump or concrete is late. Its crazy how common it is! Couple that with lane closure restrictions (Limited to ~6 hours of work/day) and you can see how timely concrete delivery is absolutely essential when drilling 50+ foot drill shafts (66"D). We have lost many a drill shaft and DAYS of labor due to late concrete/pumps.

Again, hopefully you get it figured out. I'm sure you will. Best of luck to you in your new venture!
                              I know all about that stuff, we pour TX DOT stuff all the time, High Early, Rapid Set, etc, we have a 1 am pour in down town Austin next friday, it is a high early mix.

Comment

Working...
                              X