Hogs Galore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
    Too bad my dad is terrified of cleaning/butchering... I'd send him to get some and drive up. He likes eating and shooting but the stuff in between is all my work haha.
    Say I tie up a couple and put them in feed sacks--would he come get them?

Comment

You got a load of pork there, Allen. Too gar from me to get a couple small ones.

I'll send you some info on a possible taker.

Comment

Let me know if they are still in the pen and want to get rid if them and where they are.

Comment

Ants gotta eat too

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Have a buddy that will take a couple but all the rest of my "takers" have largely given up accepting them
            Funny how people only want them if you skin and quarter the pigs for them

Comment

Originally posted by colton View Post
              funny how people only want them if you skin and quarter the pigs for them
              truth

Comment

If you need help dispatching them I’m not far away!

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                  Funny how people only want them if you skin and quarter the pigs for them
                  I'll gut 'em and cut their heads off but that's as far as I go unless it is a select few friends who still have jobs and couldn't take them until after work.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    Luckily, the landowner cruises past the trap each morning as he checks cows---and texts me when we have a catch. My other two spots are only 10 minutes from the house so they're not an issue---

And what am I gonna do with them? Have a buddy that will take a couple but all the rest of my "takers" have largely given up accepting them, so it may be the buzzard buffet.
                    The last I heard, Guadalupe Co. was still paying $5 per pig.

Comment

Reading this thread makes me wonder.... how come there is not some sort of organized Hogs for the Hungry program ? There are people who would kill for a little roaster now and again.

Comment

wow....that is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                          The last I heard, Guadalupe Co. was still paying $5 per pig.
                          Yes, $5 per pig tail in Guadalupe county, but these hogs are in Gonzales County---

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                            Reading this thread makes me wonder.... how come there is not some sort of organized Hogs for the Hungry program ? There are people who would kill for a little roaster now and again.
                            There is one in fort worth. Someone posted a while back about it.

Comment

That's some serious trapping success! Let's go shoot them at night instead

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                                That's some serious trapping success! Let's go shoot them at night instead
                                I do that too--on 3 different places.

Comment

Working...
                                X