Deer Blind Window Concealment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Blind Window Concealment

I have a few 4' x 4' blinds with sliding glass windows. The bottom of the blinds are only 6' off the ground and the windows are only 9" tall. I have painted the insides flat black but being so low you can see straight through the blinds. I put tint on the windows but that did not do any good. I put fiberglass black screen on the inside but still could see straight through. I then put up the camo burlap and it worked great but cannot see out either.

Though about ordering some rear window graphics that you see on trucks. I know I could not see through trucks with it on the back glass. Has anyone ever tried this on deer blind windows?

I'd rather just monitor my movement and have unrestricted vision than do all that and not be able to see out easily.

Comment

What about using the shoot through screen that is used to shoot through for bow blinds. I know Academy used to sell it.

Comment

I hunted a place one time that would hang soccer balls in the windows so the deer got used to seeing an object inside. Hang the balls higher when you get in. Not sure if it worked or not but they swore by it.

Comment

Don't really have a remedy as I build 4x6's mostly but in the future you might want to do what I do, just stagger the windows where you can not see directly through them.

Comment

I carpeted the floor of my last bow blind with a dark charcoal colored outdoor carpet and used some that was left over as a curtain for the window that is directly behind me so I am not silhouetted. The interior is also painted black. Its a 4x6 and I just sit back in the corner wearing all black. Seems to work pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
              I hunted a place one time that would hang soccer balls in the windows so the deer got used to seeing an object inside. Hang the balls higher when you get in. Not sure if it worked or not but they swore by it.
              I have seen the same thing with gallon milk jugs.

Comment

If you can move the blind so one window does not line up with the opposite window, that might help. Another thing I do is to hang camouflage netting over the window. It's the kind you can see and shoot through if you need to. This is what I've used:

You may need to cut some of the camo part out, because you want enough to break up your outline, yet still allow you holes to see and shoot through.

Comment

I think the daylight will still shine through the rear window graphics similar to the fiberglass screen. So if a deer is looking at you through an open window and you have the graphics window behind you, I think you will still be silhouetted. It would probably only help from the viewpoint of the closed window side. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

A good boonie hat does wonders to break-up the "head" silhouette.

Comment

I put black landscape fabric behind camo mesh - just stapled them up nice. Put that behind you. Might be easiest to make your head and arms blend in with windows like that. We used milk jugs for many years in rifle blinds. There was no difference in the amount of deer around when not using them IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by brownchristian View Post
                        Or milk jugs, that's what we use.

Comment

Working...
                        X